‹ Prequel: One More Weekend

Just Can't Let You Go

Reggie/Shane

Driving down the back way to where Keegan was currently residing, I rolled the window down as well as put the top down, letting the wind run through my hair. Looking in the rearview mirror, I looked into the eyes of the familiar stranger.

Letting out a sigh, I turned my gaze back to the road and realized I was close to the hospital. Making a right, I came up on the hospital rather quick. Pulling into the parking lot, I found a spot, got out of the car, and locked it. Heading for the doors, I felt scared. Scared that Keegan won't talk to me ... and scared that I may be too late and that I may have already lost him.

Walking over to the front desk, I waited for the receptionist to notice me. After about five minutes, he finally did. "Can I help you?"

"I'm here to see Keegan Anderson," I said, watching the man behind the desk type a few things into the computer.

"Room 210," he said, making me nod in gratitude. Making my way towards Keegan's room, I shoved my hands into my jacket pockets, feeling a piece of paper in it. Removing it, I felt the tears well up in my eyes.

'Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?'

I remember the day Keegan gave me this quote. It was when I left him. I read it and thought nothing of it, but now I understood the meaning behind it. I've made so many mistakes in the last 15 years that I am surpised I'm still alive.

I looked up only to see that I was a few doors away from his room. Opening it, I saw him leaning gingerly by the window. "Didn't think I'd ever see you again, Reggie," he said, turning his head in my direction.

"Neither did I," I said, just barely over a whisper.

Shane

I sat down on the couch, Logan in my lap. With Evy in bed, we decided to enjoy the few hours by ourselves before we headed to bed. "What would you say we move into a bigger house?" I asked, glancing up at Logan who looked deep in thought.

"How much bigger?" he asked, looking down at me with those beautiful eyes. I smiled warmly before pressing a soft kiss to his lips.

"Mansion big. Butler and all," I said, making his eyes windened. "You don't have to decide now, think about it." I kissed him again before nuzzling my face into the nape of his neck.

"I'm just curious as to how it would affect Evelyn," he said, running his fingers through my hair. Shivers went down my spine and I felt my pants tightening up. "I forgot doing this turns you on," he said, giggling. "Wait, shit. Talk now, bed later!"

"I said think about it, and you know you do your best thinking after being in bed with me," I said, kissing along his collarbone.

"Damn you being right," he said, standing up and pulling me to the bedroom.