‹ Prequel: One More Weekend

Just Can't Let You Go

Logan

I knew that everything with Shamus was eating away at Shane,but I managed to keep his thoughts focused on the wedding that was in less then five hours "Shane please! You need to focus on us right now not Miguel or Shamus" I said,pacing the room.

Shane looked at me and nodded before standing,kissing my cheek he left the room to get dressed himself.

Taking a deep breath,I walked into the closet and pulled out the large beautiful dress i would be wearing. I knew some found it weird that a man would wear a dress but for some reason it felt like the right thing to do "Mom..come on and lets get you ready" Evelyn smiled,walking into the room. Turning and looking at her,I smiled warmly.

Once I was dressed,Evelyn did my hair and make up. talking with me softly before she finished "Alright mom..your done" she said and helpped me up,turning and looking in the mirror I froze,staring at my self "Now don't cry. You can't be ruining your make up" she said,laughing softly.

Holding back the tears,I hugged my daughter tightly "Finally...after all these years" i whispered as the joy in my heart was near exploding. Taking my hand,we started towards the door before I stopped "Wait...Evelyn go get your grandfather." I said,causing her to look up at me then smiled and nodded before leaving.

A few moments later,she wheeled Lawrence in who looked up at me and smiled "What can I do for you Logan?" he asked as I kneeled down and placed my hands on his legs,looking up at him happily.

"I want you to take me down the walk way Dad,I know that Shane being gay didn't make you happy but you've been amazing through all these years" I said,causing him to smile down at me and gently take my own hands.

'it would be honor to take you down Logan" he smiled and kissed my cheek before i stood up,taking his hand in mine as Evy wheeled him beside me towards the two large doors that would revel me to Shane.

Standing beside him once more,he squeezed my hand as tears filled my eyes but I blinked them away as I took a deep breath. looking over myself,Lawrence laughed weakly "You look breathtaking. now relax" he said causing me to laugh as well.

"I want to thank you dad..for being there for me and Evy, Shane is so lucky to have an amazing father like you" i said softly,staring at the doors. Lawrence squeezed my hand once again.

"Hush now Logan. There is no need to thank me,how can anyone not love you,Shane was stupid for hurting you for so long but you sticking like you have showed me that you weren't ever going to give up" he said,I looked at him and nodded.

Leaning down and kissing his cheek,the music started in the other room and the door began to open. My eyes landed on the back of Shane who started turning around as I began walking down towards him,Lawrence beside me the entire way.

I knew in my heart that Shane was the right man and I knew even more that having Lawrence beside me,a man who became a father of my own walking me towards him was the greatest thing in the world.