‹ Prequel: One More Weekend

Just Can't Let You Go

Shane

I stood back up once the tears cleared for the moment. Walking back into the room, I saw Logan on his knees, his hands in his lap. Walking over to him, I sat down beside him and stared at him for a very long time.

Eventually, Logan met my gaze. He looked so lost, so helpless. My heart broke all over again. I grabbed his waist and hoisted him up onto my lap, burying my face into his neck. I felt ... whole again, felt as if everything was back in place ... but I knew it wasn't.

I felt Logan lean into me, and I felt his ribs. "Oh, god," I whispered, looking at him more closely than ever. I felt so sick, as if something wasn't settling right in my stomach. "Please eat something, anything."

"I can't," he replied, tears welling up in his eyes. "It's impossible."

"No, no," I whispered, wiping away his tears. "Baby, it's not impossible." I set him aside for a brief moment to stand up, then I picked him up and carried him downstairs. I saw the guys in the living area, both watching us carefully.

"You owe me a new door," Smith said, not really caring about anything else.

"Go fuck yourself," I said, continuing my way into the kitchen. I set Logan down, then made my way to the fridge. He didn't really have much, which surprised me. His fridge was normally so full, you could feed the army for a month. "Ass," I muttered, reaching in random pockets for my keys, realizing Reggie drove.

I walked into the living room, Reggie looking at me immediately. "Store. This place needs stocked. And bad," I said, walking back into the kitchen. I barely heard the front door open and close.

I saw Logan standing near the fridge, fidgeting with something in his hand. "All these years," he said, letting out a small laugh. "All these years, and you still have this." He turned around, holding up the ring in which I had given him so many years ago. "I thought you would have returned it ... or gave it to someone else."

"I couldn't bare to return it... and no one else deserves it but you," I replied, walking over to him. I watched him as he took it off the chain and slid it on his finger. It was loose due to the weight loss. Taking it off, he placed it back on the chain and stuck it out towards me. "You keep it. If anything, it could be a happy memory."

"Haven't I got enough pain?" he whispered, looking up at me. I started to lean down, but he stopped me. "Don't. Not unless you truly mean it."

"Since when did I never mean it?" I whispered, grabbing the sides of his face and slamming my lips against his.