Tell Me All Your Secrets

Chapter 4

When Mr. Watkins’ class ended I hurried out of the room.
I have no idea why I hurried away; I guess I just didn’t like that class and that I needed some air.

Looking around in the hallway in hope to find some of my friends didn’t happen, so with that I went to my locker to get my books for the last class I had before going home, which turned out to be math.

When I got to my locker I opened it and a piece of paper fell out.
I kneeled down and picked up the paper before opening it, only to find a letter written inside of it.

Hi Oliver
I have thought about this for a long time, and I really think you’re extremely cute and good looking.

So... I was wondering if you want to meet up with me today? Because honestly you seemed a little down, and I think it’s sad to see you like that. Maybe you don’t know me, but I do know you more than you think. If you want to meet up, meet me at soccer field today after you last class.
I hope to see you Oliver.

Xx Charlotte


I could feel my eyes widen more and more as I read, this was so crazy that I couldn’t even believe it. I quickly found my books and hurried to the classroom with the note in my hand, not before throwing it the trashcan on my way.

I made it to Mrs. Bradshaw’s class safely and hurried inside of the room before I took a seat and put down my books on the table and leaned back into the chair, letting my mind slowly drift away.

Why does everything have to be like this? We can’t I just be normal, be like everybody else? Why does it have to be as big of a reason as this? Why can’t I just tell everybody the truth about me?

So many questions that is left unanswered, and that I probably never will get the answers to.
I just wanted to be like everybody else, to feel real love, and to be able to walk around without all these thoughts in my head.

“Oliver!” someone broke me out of my thoughts making my head snap up and look at Mrs. Bradshaw, “are you paying attention?” she asked me softly.

I looked around a noticing the entire class looking at me, making me blush and look down at my table. I guess I hadn’t heard the bell ring to class.

****

“I want you guys to turn page twenty-seven and twenty-eight in your book, have it done by Wednesday of next week, seeing that I’m not going to be here on Friday and Monday, okay?” Mrs. Bradshaw asked, making all of us nod in response and some people groaned at the thought about the ‘lot’ homework we had to do.

“Alright, I see you guys at Wednesday, have a good weekend” Mrs. Bradshaw said with a smile on her face when the bell rang. “Oliver can I talk to you reall quickly?” she asked and looked at me.

I nodded and packed my stuff before I went to her table and she asked me to sit down, which I did quickly, just to get over with this.

“So Oliver, I just wanted to ask if you feel okay? I mean you zoned off really quickly, for a long while. Is everything okay at home? I don’t want to ‘interrupt’ your private life, but I just want you to know that if you ever want someone to talk to, I will always be here, without any other teachers, students or your parents are going to know anything, okay?” she asked softly, making my breath hitched and my eyes widen a bit.

Why did she want to help me? I was just another annoying kid with problem, I just didn’t get it.

I nodded at her and told her thanks and that I would remember that, before I got out of the room, closing the door behind me and started on my walk home, alone. The hallways were more or less empty which I of course got, because the school was over for the day, it was a really short day so people just wanted to go home and get away from the school.

I found my iPod and turned it up, it ended up on The Reason by Hoobastank, which instantly brought some small tears to my eyes, that song just meant a lot to me.

It wasn’t long before I was home. I said hello to my mum before going up to my room. I threw my bag on my bed, before I opened it to take out the book that I hadn’t been using much of today, but I couldn’t find it-- which made me start to panic.

I was so lost in anxiety that I hadn’t even heard my mum walk up to my room, “What are you looking for Oliver?” she asked worriedly, standing in my door opening.

“Just my math book mom, I have two pages to do for homework” I told her as calm as I possibly could be in a situation like this. That book meant a lot to me and this would be the first time I had ever lost it or done whatever I’ve done with it.

“Okay, search and you’ll find it baby.” she said before walking out of the room and closing the door behind me.

I could feel a tear slowly rolling down my cheek, maybe it was ridiculous, maybe I’m ridiculous but I didn’t care, that book was literally my baby and I had never dreamt of what to do if I lost it, but I guess I had to think about that now.

I pulled on my jacket and took out my iPod from the pocket before turning it up on some song I didn’t quite recognize, before I pulled on my shoes and went down stairs, said a quick goodbye to my mum and headed towards the somewhat huge park we had in Sheffield.

When I got there I noticed that there were a lot of families with their kids playing on the playgrounds around in the park, which made me smile. I missed the times where we just played around as carefree kids, who didn’t know what would happen in our future or who we would turn out to be, or what we would be like, who we would fall in love with or who we would hate.

I sat down on a bench right in front of the huge lake that was in the park, and slowly let my mind drift away just as in class today, but that was only for a short time when I again was interrupted by someone calling my name from behind me, “Hey! Oliver?”.

I turned around, only to come face to face with the new student, Josh, who Chris introduced me to earlier that day.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry if this chapter suck guys, but I had a hurry and I needed to update before going on vacation (which is tomorrow), I couldn't leave you hanging right? ;) But here you go :) .. Comment, subscribe, recommend, or just read - whatver you want :)