Status: a recreational work in progress (:

In the End... I'll Always Love You

Chapter One

I seriously thought I was losing my mind.
For the third time that day, I saw the same man staring at me. He had the same mischievous look in his eye every time too. We held eye contact for only a second, then he’d look away and try to act as if nothing had happened. The first time, I thought it was an honest mistake, but after the third and fourth time I caught him looking at me, I knew he was different. For some reason, I still thought it might be coincidence. Maybe he isn’t ‘all there’ and isn’t worth another thought. But when I looked at him, walking through the open air market this morning, it was different. His long black hair was slicked back, with some strands framing his face. His icy grey eyes were alluring, and something about him drew me in. I found myself walking toward him; he was sitting down on the sidewalk, his torn clothes pooling around him on the pavement. It looked like he was wearing a cape, or possibly a cloak… I didn’t know people were still into those.

“I… I saw you…” I wasn’t even aware that I was starting a conversation with him, until he looked at me with a very confused gaze. I froze, not knowing what to say, or even why I was saying anything at all.

“I’m terribly sorry, I shouldn’t have been staring…” He was surprisingly soft spoken, his eyes immediately softened as he spoke. A smile consumed his face as he stood up. He was as least a head taller than me, maybe even more than that.

“I couldn’t help but admire your eyes… they’re absolutely stunning.”

My heart started to flutter as he looked at me. There was a power behind his eyes, a power that was fighting to get out; a power that I probably should’ve been afraid of. But I couldn’t find it in me to be afraid. I felt his hand reach for my shoulder, but he quickly pulled away.

“I apologize, I should introduce myself. I’m Loki Laufeyson” He grasped my hand, and lightly kissed it, smiling brightly. “Of Asgard. It’s wonderful to meet you.”

“I… I’m Maggie. I… oh god are you okay?”

When I reached to shake his hand, I realized that there was a small but steady line of blood running down his hand. I was distracted, but slowly started to notice he was a mess in general. He had a scrape under his left eye, as well as a few bruises on his hands and arms. His eyes were sunken in a bit, and I could see how exhausted he was.

“Oh… yes, I’m fine. I just had a rough trip here. I’m okay, really”

I immediately started to dab away at the blood on his hand with my scarf, and I tied it around the scrape, hoping it might help, even if it was only a little bit.

“Really miss, don’t fret over me. I’m only being a nuisance to you. You’re far too kind…”

I dabbed at the scuff on his forehead with my shirt sleeve, and his hand reached for mine. He slowly brought it down, never losing eye contact with me. We stayed there for a moment, my hand held tenderly in his ‘bandaged’ one, just staring at one another, unable to move.

“Do you have anywhere to go?”

“Sadly, no… it’s a long story.” I pulled on his hand, smiling.

“Then come on, we’re going to my apartment.”

He stopped immediately, unsure of what to do.

“I need to clean those wounds, and you look like you need a cup of tea. C’mon.”

I pulled him along, and we walked to my apartment. As we walked, I realized something.
I’m bringing a complete stranger to my apartment.
…and where the hell is Asgard?
♠ ♠ ♠
woah.. first chapter I've posted in almost two years...

comment please, I really need some feedback on this <3