Status: On Break due to me being ultra super busy :(

Destined To Explode

Running In Circles

LOG #1:

I'm keeping track of important news and discoveries me and Alex come across on our journey. We are determined to save ourselves and hopefully some survivors with the zombie outbreak. It was horrible when it first started up. We had to let go of our feelings for each other, in case one of us got infected. That's exactly what happened.

It started off rather slowly. A new species was found in Southern Asia. They were muscular beasts that the Americans found to look very tasty. They were hunted and their meat was to be shipped overseas. Scientists begged us not to do this, the animal was not studied. Oh we should have listened.

We all watched in awe of the first one to try this new Asian delicacy. They ate it, said it was amazing, the meat was swept off the shelves from others to try. Little did they know, the first went back home and reanimated in the matter of hours. His little eight year old son did what no child would ever dare to do. He shot his father in the skull.

News trucks raced to the scene and scientists studied that is was the effect of the meat. Thousands had already consumed this horrid meat product and were doomed. Some of the smarter ones ended their own lives before they were too, turned into these zombies.

Smart people fled California, reaching safety. No one planned ahead, not for this. Everyone stayed in their homes, sending out husbands and children to bring food home. Power was cut, many froze.

Alex and I, on vacation in California at the time are trying to run across country to find any survivors, and to see if any of our family and friends back in Baltimore have made it. We placed bets on how many whores have died. I saw a dead stripper about a mile back. I write these logs every night, or any time we find a safe place to rest.

Alex and I are treating this like a game, a very serious game. We keep track of how many we've managed to kill. Right now, Me: 34 Alex: 37

It's close, but I got night watch today, so I'll catch up, I know I will. I never miss my kill. Well if I missed, I'd be one of those brainless zombies too. Alex would have to shoot me before I turned. Neither of us have the guts to shoot each other. Not even if our lives depended on it.

We have been trying to hide our emotions and keep strong. You gotta do what you have to do, or you'll end up dead.

_______________________________________________

Alex was lagging behind me, but not very far. We've been walking in the beating sun for over two hours. Arizona was one big wasteland now. Towns have been burned down, nothing but ruins and sand. Broken dreams. Unsaved lives.

It makes me sad to know that if I was here maybe a day before, I would have had a chance to save some of these people. I consider Alex and I the best in the business. Well, for what we know, we're the only ones in the business.

"You okay, Lex?"

"Yeah, just um, can we sit?" I gave him a glare, "I mean, just for a couple minutes?"

"If we sit for a couple minutes, that would be enough time for the zombies to catch our scent, our trail."

"Fine." he grumbled and we pressed on.

Sometimes I wondered about taking Alex with me. I would have gotten a lot further. He takes his time because he doesn't want to go home. He knows there is no chance our families would still be alive. I try my hardest not to think about my mother and May all bloody and covered in flesh, limping around trying to catch the scent of a survivor. I just couldn't afford to think that way.

Alex had more to lose than I did. He had a loving family, a beautiful girlfriend, and his dogs. He loved those dogs like they were his children. Peyton and Sebastian were his life. He was the happiest person once I got him Baz, then when Cheyenne gave him Peyton, he was overwhelmed. He loved them. Maybe even more than his mother.

There was no way they survived. Probably eaten by those desperate to survive. It pains me to even think about the canine's fates. Just utterly horrid.

I didn't have much. I had a mother and a sister. No girlfriend or boyfriend, nothing. No pets, no close friends. Which I guess is good when zombies are out. Not too many people to come in contact with. Not too many people to be close with. No one to be attached to, no emotions. Just the way I wanted it to be. Sure I was a virgin, but tough tits, living is more important than sex. The only thing that would suck if my hand got cut off somehow.

"Jack look!" Alex pointed ahead of me.

Bicycles. Walking took too much time, having some other transportation was amazing. Trying to weave through crashed cars and broken down planes on the highways and in the streets would be difficult.

We ran full speed towards the vehicles. Two. We both picked up a bike and started to ride.

"Where do you two assholes think you're going?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I had this idea for a while after I read an assasins fic, shout out to that fic I loved it. :)
Anyway, who do you think that is? and thoughts on the fic so far? yes? No?

Thoughts? Comments?

-Stella