Status: This story is a work in progress. I will post more depending on the feedback

Heaven and Hell

Serin's Deception

Serin glided over towards the body of the fallen Ragar, a smile upon his thin lips. He had got what he had come for. The Demonic Whip was now in his possession, floating just above his head. After the priest had caused the building to collapse upon Diego, he made the whip vanish before the priest or his allies could steal it. Once they were gone, he had retrieved it, and now he was to retrieve Ragar. He had also gained valuable Intel on the Order and the Knights. The woman had especially surprised him. There was something strange about her, but he had no time to dwell on that.

Serin stood over the body of Ragar. The heap still hadn’t budged. There was not even a trace of his energy. Good, my spell worked, Serin thought to himself. He waved his hand over the demon’s head. The wound there healed itself, as though it was never there to begin with. The beast awoke with a low grumble. Finally, he sat up and rubbed his head.

“That woman was more powerful than expected. If I hadn’t increased to sixty percent of my power she would’ve killed me!” he exclaimed.

“That would have been dreadful,” Serin remarked sarcastically. Ragar growled, but said nothing to Serin for a time. Instead he returned himself back into his human form. There was a lot of screaming and bone snapping as he reduced his size. He was once again the dark haired human, wearing nothing but a torn suit.

“Did you get it?” the demon grumbled the question. Serin indicated toward the whip hovering above him. “So, that’s it then? The Demonic Whip. The whip that has the power to control demons, and to turn humans into us.” Serin nodded. “Yes, it is essential to my plans,” he replied. Ragar glared at him, his eyes narrowed.

“Don’t you mean the Fiend’s plan?” he asked. Serin gave waved his hand in dismissal.

“You know what I meant, Ragar. Come now, let’s get out of this repulsive wasteland. We have important things to do.” Ragar reached for the whip. He drew his hand back with a growl of pain as it zapped his hand with a jolt of energy.

“You fool! Demons cannot wield the power of the whip,” Serin snapped. “Are you trying to kill yourself?” Ragar only growled in response as he cradled his slightly charred hand. Serin then seized the Demonic Whip out of the air and brandished it.

“You know that whip cannot control me!” Ragar snapped.

“Perhaps, Ragar, but I don’t need this whip to control you. I’m doing just fine without it. No, I have other uses for this.” A wicked smile appeared on Serin’s thin lips. Everything had gone as planned. His manipulations of the human Diego had gone better than expected. He was already half mad to begin with, the whip’s corruption didn’t help him either. All it took was Serin’s subtle push with his power to effect his mind even more. Make him hear voices. Then a promise of power that he couldn’t refuse, and finally regrowing his limb to make him think he was more powerful than he really was.

Humans are such simple creatures. So easy to corrupt, seduce and control. Soon Earth will be ours! Serin thought. The thought caused Serin to chuckle out loud. Ragar tilted his head in confusion. Serin didn’t both explaining. Ragar was much too simple anyway. Too much like the beasts. But he had his uses still, he had proven that.

“We must be off now, Ragar,” he said as smoke billowed around them. Ragar stared wildly around as the smoke engulfed them both. They had vanished, leaving nothing but tracks as evidence to their existence. That was until a mysterious wind blew the sand over them, leaving no evidence at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little treat for those who have made it this far. I don't know how long before I'm ready to post the 3rd saga. It's still a work in progress. Hope you're enjoying it so far