Status: In Progress, Please Comment!

Mozart, Metallica, and Me...Wynnie

One Small Step for Woman...

"W-w-w-what if they d-d-d-don't l-like me?" I whispered. The plane had just landed and we were meeting them right out of the terminal because we'd be living with his parents for almost a week in his old room.

"They'll love you." He promised, "And if you feel really uncomfortable, we can get a hotel room."

It confused me as to why his parents had kept his old room. My parents renovated mine into an office as soon as I'd gone to college. I'd slept in the basement in the summer.

I took a deep breath and nodded, shaking as we moved with the crowd of people to leave the plane.

He put his arm around me comfortingly as we grabbed our luggage and began the search for his parents. Suddenly, he paused and his smile grew wider.

"Ma, Pop!" He brought me forward to give an older woman a hug and a kiss and an older man a hug.

"Christian! It's so good to see you!" His mother smiled warmly before turning to me with a happy gleam in her eye.

"And you must be Bronwyn." She gave me a hug. "I'm Maria, but please, call me Ma."

I tried to open my mouth to say something, but my throat felt like it was collapsing and I couldn't speak. There was a gap in the conversation and I knew it looked like I was being rude and that started to make me panicked. CC gave me a reassuring squeeze.

"She doesn't talk?" His father asked.

"She's selectively mute…" Chris explained. I felt bad, he must've been so embarrassed about having to explain my incapability of speaking in most situations. "She needs time to adjust before she can talk…"

"Well, that's no trouble, Christian does enough talking for all of us." His mother beamed. "She's much prettier than you described her. You didn't do her justice."

"Mom." CC hissed and I giggled silently.

"She's a sweetheart." His mother took my hand. "Christian, take her bags." She wiggled them out of my grip. "I taught you better than that. Come on, sweetheart, I'll show you to the car. Jose, help Christian with the bags." She called over her shoulder at her husband. I followed her out to the car.

When everyone was piled in, Joseph started speaking.

"So, we're all going out to dinner tonight--"

"Jose! Demos los uno momento relajarse!" Maria chastised, she turned back to us. "You kids can settle down in Christian's room and then I'll make dinner." She smiled. I smiled back and nodded, resting my head on CC's shoulder as I watched him smile into the rearview mirror. I smiled too. His parents went back and forth about going out to eat or staying home. I think his dad won.

When we arrived at his home I had to smile. It was a cute, little, 60s-style home that near matched its neighbors. Maria showed me to CC's room and I sat down on the bed as Chris got the luggage on his mother's command.

I looked around the room.

"Wow, it's just as I left it." He laughed, sitting down on the bed next to me. "That's scary."

"It's c-c-cute." I smiled at the posters on the wall and the pictures scattered around.

"I love your voice." He whispered, kissing my head.

"Y-you didn't t-tell me that your par-r-rents speak Spanish." I commented.

"They don't usually, only to each other." He shrugged. "And only when my mom's mad." He laughed.

I nodded with a small smile.

"She makes amazing food, though." He kissed my cheek. "Except my dad wants us to go out tonight so we won't be eating anything homemade." I caught his smile in his mirror, which was something a little girly to put in a boy's room (just from my experience with my brother) as he moved to press a kiss to my neck.

I giggled before my eyes caught a picture on the desk. I pushed myself off the bed to look at it. CC frowned and followed me, wrapping his arms around my middle from behind and resting his chin on my shoulder.

"That's junior prom…" He trailed off, staring at it. There was a silence and I didn't like the feeling in my stomach. "You're jealous." He sounded surprised.

I turned around and frowned up at him. He shook his head.

"Don't be jealous. I didn't know you then, I love you." He kissed my forehead.

I bit my lip.

"God, I fucked up." He sighed, looking into my eyes with an apologetic expression. Our second anniversary was now a week behind us, but this fear of losing him was still in the back of my mind, this was simply the first time we'd faced it again. "I'm sorry, Wynn, and I know that'll never be enough…"

I felt a tear slip down my cheek.

"Oh my God, Wynn, I'm so fucking sorry…" He guided me back to the bed to sit on his lap. "I ruined everything…"

"I'm overreacting, that was years ago." I sighed, "You didn't even know me then…"

"No, but I wish I had." He pressed a kiss to my temple.

There was a moment of silence.

"How long are you here for?" I asked.

"We're recording an album starting the week after next." He told me, "So, long enough."

"You wanna visit my parents next week?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah, sure, because I made such a good impression on them last time…" He groaned, bringing my memory back to Jeremy and Sammi's wedding and I had to giggle.

"Stop making fun of me." He buried his face in my neck.

"Are you going to dance at all, Wynnxx?" CC teased quietly.

"When the wedding party has to…" I hissed, staring at my brother and my new sister-in-law on the floor.

"Which is soon." He chuckled.

"I'll get there when I get there." I whispered.

"Wynn, what's got you so wound up?" He brushed a hand down from between my shoulder blades to the small of my back.

My parents were here, and they didn't know I was seeing anyone, that was what. I wasn't about to say that though, I know his parents knew about me. I…I just couldn't…I didn't know how to tell my parents that I was seeing anyone, let alone for more than a few months. By now, it'd almost been a year.

They knew CC and I were paired for the wedding party, but they didn't know we were…well…together.

I tugged at my light blue (Malibu according to the store), considerably attractive, bridesmaids dress nervously.

"You're freaking out, what's wrong?" He leaned down and whispered in my ear, making it obvious that we weren't watching the first dance.

"Stop," I responded softly, "People will get upset if you don't respect the bride and groom."

He sighed and wrapped an arm around me as he turned back to the dance floor. I shifted uncomfortably, scared that my parents would see.

CC took my hand and led me out to the back of the room.

"Bronwyn, what is wrong?" He asked, using my full name.

"My parents don't know about us…" I looked at the ground. He groaned.

"Well, they'll find out tonight." He sighed, picking up my chin and brushing his lips against mine.

The song changed and I jumped, pulling him by the hand back to our previous spot.

And let the party begin.

***

"You're gorgeous, you know." CC chuckled, leaning to kiss me. I smiled as we separated, frowning when I heard a familiar squeal. I sighed and turned.

"Hey, mom." She hugged me.

"Bronwyn, I've hardly spoken with you today." She was getting all emotional…damn weddings. "Oh, my babies are growing up so much! You're both out of the house and now your brother is married." Her eyes were watering, "She's a lovely girl." She smiled. "Who's this?"

"Uh, Mom, this is Chris…tian."

"Is he your plus one?"

"I work with Jin-Jeremy." He stammered. "I'm part of the wedding party as well…"

"Well, that's just lovely." She smiled. "Are you two dating?"

"Yes, mom." I sighed.

"Oh, for how long!" She looked like she was going to cry again and I started to get nervous.

"Um…almost a year." I whispered.

"Oh! They're growing up! Harold!" She turned around and tugged my father's sleeve as he was in conversations with someone from Sammi's family. "Meet Christopher--"

"Christian, mom."

"Christian! He and Bronwyn have been dating for almost a year."

"Oh?" My dad raised an eyebrow and a hand for Chris to shake, "What do you do, Christian?"

"I'm in a band, with your son." He answered with a smile, shaking his hand.

"And why haven't I heard of you before?" My dad frowned, looking at me.

"I-uh-we've been busy." I replied nervously.

"We were on tour…" CC tried to help.

"And I had work--"

"You were both on tour?" My mother looked ready to just burst into tears. "Oh, they're getting so serious, Harold, she's growing up!"

Oh…God…

"Serious?" Dad shifted, "Are you two sleeping together?"

My eyes widened and I squeaked.

"We're going to go…do something now." I tugged CC's sleeve and pulled him away. He looked…terrified.


"It was awkward for me, too." I agreed, "But, I think it was circumstantial…they didn't get all upset about Jeremy."

"He's also their son, not their daughter." CC sighed. "But, of course I'll visit your parents with you, babe."

This might be a nightmare waiting to happen.

***

"You two are the absolute cutest couple." Chris' mom cooed. I gave her a shy smile. "Have you proposed to her yet?" I covered my mouth to keep from laughing--unsuccessfully--while CC choked on his drink. His father rolled his eyes, looking up to the ceiling.

"N-no, ma, we haven't really talked about it." He spluttered.

I blew on my green beans, still finding his situation hilarious.

"Well, why not? She's a lovely girl!"

"Ma, not here." He laughed, a little awkwardly.

"Maria, go easy on the kid, he's only twenty-seven." His dad groaned. "And you're discussing this in front of Bronwyn at the dinner table in a restaurant."

"He's twenty-seven and she's twenty-six! By her age I was pregnant with you!"

It was my turn to choke on my soda.

I looked at CC.

"Mom…" He groaned, "We're not ready for kids…we both have very demanding jobs. We both travel--"

"Of course you're not ready for kids, you're not married." She smiled. "I'm just saying."

I shook my head, smiling.

"You kids would make very beautiful children."

CC hid his face in his hands and I laughed.

"T-t-t-thank you, Mrs. M-Mora." I spoke softly, my first words to his parents.

"I don't think my son should ever have children, they'd be devil children." His father mumbled, grinning.

We had dinner and went out for ice cream before returning to the house. I changed while Chris talked to his parents downstairs.

"Fuck, you look amazing." Arms wrapped around my bare middle and I laughed, leaning back against the familiar body behind me.

"I didn't hear you come in." I turned my head to look up at him and he connected our lips.

"You're not wearing anything." He ignored my comment.

"I'm in underwear." I chuckled, I was putting on pajamas when you came in.

"Glad I came in when I did, then." He turned me around so I faced him and guided me backwards to the bed.

"Not in your parents' house." I whined as he kissed my neck.

"I've been gone for forever and we've been so busy this past week…" He was practically begging as he found that one spot on my neck that drove me up a wall.

"Mmm, fine, but be quiet." I whispered.

"Will do."

***

I blinked my eyes open slowly to the feeling of softy, butterfly kisses across my shoulders.

"Morning." CC whispered, leaning to he could see my face and letting a hand slide to my hip, brushing across my stomach.

"Morning." I smiled.

"So, I was thinking," He started, "About what my mom said last night…and I know we're not…ready for that…" He paused before sitting up. I shifted so I could see him, but I was still covered by sheets. "You wanna maybe…live together?"
♠ ♠ ♠
JustMaddi666 - I know, I'm glad too :) and I hope you enjoy this update.

This is kinda short, I know guys, sorry, I don't have much time XD but here!

Okay, I don't know CC's ethnicity at all, and I'm not stalker enough to spend time googling it. I'm using my knowledge from family friends named Mora and I stole two of their names and personalities (okay, sue me) it's my friend's grandparents (aka the family friends' parents) so...yeah XD I just changed Maria's name was all XD I kept Jose because I love him too much, he's awesome XD

OH! And...never mind I have nothing remotely intelligent to say XD

Comment and such my lovelies!