Status: In Progress, Please Comment!

Mozart, Metallica, and Me...Wynnie

People by the Dozen

"Willy," I hugged the puppy to me as I sat on the floor in our hallway. "Mommy missed you so much." I breathed. I knew he couldn't hear me, but I needed to say it.

"Hey, Willy." CC squat down next to us and scratched him behind the ears playfully. The puppy's tongue lolled out of his mouth in a goofy grin.

"He smiles like you." I joked.

"Okay, then." He chuckled, standing up to his full height.

"C," I called as he began the trek upstairs with our little luggage. We'd brought all of one suitcase combined and then a bag of toiletries. "We need to get food."

"We can go out tomorrow." He sighed. "I really don't want to get back in the car after driving for three days." He told me. "Tonight, let's order take-out, and relax. We can watch a movie."

I nodded.

"You okay?" He whispered, coming over and helping me to my feet, while he left the suitcase by the stairs. He brushed my fringe out of my face and searched my eyes. "You're okay, right?"

I nodded.

"I'm here to talk to, Wynn." He promised, taking both of my hands and squeezing them. "Remember that."

I gave him a small smile and nodded.

I felt his hand ghost over the ring on my left hand and he rested his forehead on mine.

"God, I love that you're wearing that." He whispered and my knees started to feel weak. And the jerk knew it, he smirked. "You know what it means?" I didn't get the chance to formulate a witty response before he'd leant forward to breathe into my ear his answer. "You're as good as mine, just not legally." He drew back. "But who listens to the law, anyways?"

I sucked in a sharp breath and he chuckled.

"I love you." He kissed me, surprisingly softly for what he'd just said moments before. But, it got heated quickly, rest assured.

"Are we really doing this here?" I whimpered, pulling his hair a little harder than intended. The tile floor under my back was growing hotter and slicker by the second. "CC," I gasped, "Y-your tongue does n-not go there." I was breathless for a moment, caught off guard. I could feel his chuckle.

This was one thing we'd never done, never in almost three years.

After a little while, he licked his way back up my body to suck on my neck. I didn't have time to process that he'd moved on until he'd rammed into my cervix causing a surprised groan more in pain than in pleasure, as I hadn't expected it.

"S-sorry." He gasped out. "God, why are you still so tight," He moaned. "Every single time?" He built up a steady rhythm.

"C," I choked out. His teeth tugged on my ear.

Well, that left the hallways christened, then. Round two left me to bleach the kitchen counters. Round three finally made it to the bed room. By then, I was too tired to eat. Of course, CC didn't see it that way.

"Come on, what do you want?" He nuzzled me.

"Sushi." I groaned, to make him shut up.

"Got it." He kissed my cheek.

"How are you not sleepy?" I yawned, wanting to go back to bed, as he'd woken me up.

"I slept for a bit, but I'm too hungry to sleep for real." He said as if it were obvious, which it wasn't because I'm pretty sure no one else thinks that way.

I was sore and I didn't feel like getting up, so I let him order whatever, answer the door, and come back upstairs before I shifted to a sitting position. I'd napped a bit in the span of him dialing and them arriving. He brought the bag upstairs along with a cup of what looked to be green tea, and smelled like mint (good, he made my favorite).

We shared whatever it was that he'd ordered before cuddling up to watch tv.

"Wynn…" He began. "I--uh--have to tell you something." He sounded nervous.

I looked at him questioningly.

"We've started to schedule our tours…" He paused and I frowned. "We won't have a span of time like this for another two years at the least, maybe three." He sighed. I let the information sink in. "I was going to tell you sooner, as soon as it'd been determined, but everything happened at once and I never got the chance."

"So, two years before I get married." I nodded. "That's fine," I shrugged, "We agreed it was too soon--"

"But I didn't want to wait two years." He groaned.

"It gives me head-room." I offered. "We can use whatever days you have home during that span to pick things out."

"And to actually propose to you." He sighed.

"I'm fine with--"

"I'm not." He said easily, causing me to quiet.

We laid there in a comfortable silence for a little while until he broke it.

"I suppose we have to hire a wedding planner at some point in the distant future…" He frowned, "I don't want you doing it all yourself."

"Sammi wants to help out." I told him truthfully. "Not like, full-on wedding planner or anything, but she wants to help me with the details."

"Okay." He nodded. "So then you two can find a planner?"

I chuckled and agreed.

"When I decide it's time for one, yes."

"So…do we send out save-the-date cards?"

"When we have a date picked out…after we announce the engagement."

His face suddenly paled.

"Oh…shit…" He mumbled. "My mom…she's going to drive you up a wall and--"

"I'm sure I can handle it." I promised.

***

I can't handle this.

He'd just proposed to me "officially" on his week break from touring almost three months ago. Now, we were having an engagement party, which wasn't something I'd originally had in mind when I thought to announce the engagement…

"I feel like I'm back in high school again." He swung our interlocked hands as we walked down the boardwalk with all of its glowing lights. Children and teenagers laughed and ran around us. A few kids had already recognized him, had hugged him or asked for an autograph. I'd actually been successfully recognized by a teenage girl, probably a freshman or a sophomore, who was--surprisingly--a fan of both of my EPs as well as the collaboration I'd done with Lindsey.

I blushed, thinking about how I'd never had an experience like this in high school. I'd never had a real boyfriend before him.

"Of course, I'm a lot taller than I remember." He added and I chuckled. "Why so quiet?"

"I like the sounds." I shrugged.

"Of screaming children and rigged carnival games?" He laughed. I blushed and nodded.

"It's exciting."

"It's a boardwalk." He teased. I bit my lip and turned my head to see a vender giving a girl, who had hair so white it was almost purple, ice cream. I frowned. The hair was pinned up with what seemed to be two decorative chopsticks, at it was straight as a pin. The style of her clothing struck me as familiar and I made eye contact with the vender who winked.

He might have different freak-show make-up on than what I had finally grown accustomed to seeing every now and again--but that was definitely my brother.

Which would lead me to think the girl with the ice cream was in fact familiar and Sammi had dyed her hair, again.

Now that I'd seen them, I started picking out other familiar things. The random mime, which I have never seen at a boardwalk, let alone this one, definitely resembled Jake.

Two clowns with an almost startling height difference were playfully shoving one another, failing to make the balloon animals their peers were creating for the kids around them. Just hardly, black tips poked through the red afro on the shorter of the two.

There are always those strange people at these types of places, but the one old woman in the corner with greying blonde hair seemed to have her wrinkles painted on, with face-paint, a face that could easily have been Juliet's, who was supposed to be on tour.

A smaller, brunette girl was wearing a mask, furthest from the rest. Her hair was easily placeable as Lindsey's, though. And, she was supposed to be in Africa again, shooting a music video.

What was going on?

"I guess, but it's still exciting." I pointed out.

"Because it's childish amusement, it's fun." He leaned down to press a soft kiss to my lips.

"Very," I agreed. "Though, I can't say I ever did anything like this in high school." I admitted shyly.

"Well, babe, you're living the teenage dream." He smiled goofily.

"Am I, now?" I teased.

"Yes."

"And what makes you say that?" I laughed.

"Because, I don't know about you, but I'm at the boardwalk with the most amazing woman I've ever met." He shrugged. "A woman who I love more than anything in the world, who I'd do anything for. Someone who I couldn't see myself living without, but could see myself marrying and maybe even one day having children with. Who makes me smile when I get up in the morning and never fails to wish me luck before a show. Someone who I'm dedicated to being there for." I hadn't realized we'd stopped walking, or that he'd taken both of my hands in his. "Wynn, you're my everything and I want to be yours, too." He whispered, and it took me another five seconds to register that he was now kneeling on one knee. The little velvet box that'd once held my ring was open to a small mirror directed at the ring on my finger.

"Hey, Wynnie, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

I didn't realize I was crying.

How did I not see this coming? I knew he'd said that he'd re-propose to me, but I didn't think…

"Answer already!" Something jabbed me in the leg and I turned my head to see that the "elderly" Juliet had made her way over to sit behind me and had just jabbed me with her cane. "The young 'uns these days!" She shook her head.

"Yes." I breathed and he grinned, getting up.

"I knew it." He boasted teasingly and I laughed before he kissed me.

"Oh! My baby's getting married!" I was startled by the voice.

"M-mom?" I turned around. She stood there, beside my brother and Sammi. She held out her arms and I ran to give her a hug. She laughed and rocked me in her arms.

"My baby is all grown up." She sighed.

"H-how'd you all?"

"So, CC decided to go all 'friends and family' on you." Sammi began.

"Which meant he called me about finding wigs…" Andy made a face, joining us with Ashley.

"And me about maybe locating some striped pajamas and clown make-up." Ashley wiped off some of his face with the back of his sleeve.

"Which some how led to me dressing up like the old hag from Snow White." Juliet made a face. Sammi took over again.

"And proceeded on to making me dress like a teenager."

"Who was buying ice cream from a carnival stand." My brother added.

"Which somehow left me as a mime." Jake made a face.

"And me as a street-performer." Lindsey smiled.

"I just kind of stood off to the side." My mom chuckled. "I'm surprised you didn't see me."

"I saw Jinxx." I admitted, "And I started picking you all out from there, but I didn't…I didn't think--"

"I'd propose to you?" CC pressed a kiss to my temple. "Well, you're wrong."

"Yeah, obviously!"


Enagement party…so many people, and this is just a few friends and only close family.

What the hell is the wedding going to look like? This is already so many people!

I must have voiced my dilemma because CC squeezed my hand.

"There's twelve people…"

"Only?!" I looked around.

My mom, his parents, Sammi and Jinxx, Lindsey and Ryan (her boyfriend and a friend Sammi knows through photography ironically), Andy and Juliet, Jake and Ella (who were back on after a little break), and Ashley who'd arrived as a party of one.

Only twelve people…

I'm not going to handle the wedding well, these are supposedly our closest friends and family and I'm already freaking the fuck out.

"Breathe." He soothed. "We're just having dinner." He reminded.

I decided on sushi, I'd been craving sushi lately. I haven't had it in forever, it seems. Not since CC was last in town, at the least.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder…in the sushi's case, at least.

"Okay, okay, we want a picture with the happy couple." Sammi seemingly dragged my brother over to us, I guess he was the other part of the "we" in her statement, though he looked just as surprised as I did.

"You've seen me in the studio every day this week for shoots." I said sarcastically. "You need another picture?"

"Well, this one is all of us!" She said simply and handed the camera to Juliet who'd literally been innocently passing by.

"Okay then!" She said after a moment's confused pause. "Picture! Everyone smile!" She frowned and looked up at us over the camera. "Boys, smile. Wynnie and Sammi stop doing that little half-smile sexy look, this isn't a studio. Just…like normal people--CC grow up, stop sticking your tongue out." She groaned. "You do this on a normal basis, Sammi?"

"Not a normal basis, no." She shrugged.

"Okay, one, two, th--CC, smile damn it!" Andy started mimicking her silently in the background and I had to hold back a laugh, but I was grinning. "Perfect!" She finally snapped the picture. "See what happens when you cooperate!"

"Oh, yes, you taught them." Andy agreed, wrapping his arms around her middle.

"I feel like you had something to do with this." She raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe." He winked.

They need to hurry the fuck up and get married, they're adorable. Andy's just scared he's too young, apparently.

"Okay, our turn." Juliet tugged him by his sleeve.

"Okay." He agreed, suddenly looking mope-y. I guess being told what to do by your girlfriend is a little embarrassing.

We'd just gotten together when the flash went off.

"Ew, a flash in this lighting?" I frowned at Sammi who made a face at her camera.

"Shut up, I thought it was already set, I forgot Juliet shut it off." She rolled her eyes.

"The flash, you're worried about?" Juliet frowned. "I wasn't even ready! Can we all smile like normal people who don't model for some aspect of their job?"

"Okay, then, I'll treat you like that." Sammi laughed, "One, two, three." I heard the shutter. "Andy, you blinked."

"You goof." Juliet laughed.

"Okay, okay," Sammi silenced her, "One, two, three." I was relieved, I was tired of the giant fake grin.

Dinner went well, our moms got along surprisingly well, and Jose talked to Ashley some, as well as my mother.

"You need to say it now." CC whispered in my ear. My eyes widened, startled at the realization I'd have to speak up…okay…only twelve people…twelve of my closest friends…our closest friends…family…

Lindsey, who'd been sitting next to me with Ryan, must've heard him. She passed me a spoon to tap on my glass. I nodded my appreciation, but avoided tapping the glass. With my luck, I'd break it.

"U-um," I said quietly, clearing my throat after my stammer. The table managed to hear me, because they stopped their chatter, which was mostly about us, if not geared towards us, and looked at me expectantly. "I j-just wanted to say thanks…f-for b-b-being here." I took a breath. I was still seated, I didn't have the guts--or the need really--to bother with it. "And-d remember who else should h-have b-b-b-been here with us." I bit my lip, I didn't want to cry off my make-up. My mother dabbed at her eyes and Mrs. Mora patted her on the back, pulling out a tissue from her own bag for her.

"We have the d-date for the wed-d-ding…and I kn-know that he'll b-be there watching from wherever he'd g-gone to." I didn't really know my views on religion, but I do know CC's mom is a strict Catholic, which is why we'd be getting married in a Catholic Church, thank you, mom, for Baptizing me. I never thought it'd come in handy. "B-but since he c-can't b-be there in person…" I brought my eyes up to stare across the table at my brother. "C-could you walk m-me down the aisle?"

He looked more than a little shocked at my question. CC gave my hand a pat, as if to congratulate me on speaking up in front of the others.

"Wow…" Jinxx trailed off. "Y-yeah, Wynn. I…sure."

My mother leaned over and hugged him, whispering something in his ear, and he nodded.

Okay…maybe…maybe I can do this.

***Jinxx***

"Your father would be so proud of you." Mom whispered in my ear.

Those words have been bouncing around in my head all night.

"Jinxx, get some sleep." Sammi murmured from beside me. She rolled over, looking at me with tired eyes. "You're so tense. What's wrong?"

"It shouldn't be me." I admitted.

"I know." She sighed. I know she didn't know what to say when I brought up my dad. She's not the type of person to apologize over and over again, knowing it won't reassure the person she's trying to comfort. She doesn't butt in like that, she just lets you get it out.

Does Wynnie see CC like that?

Like someone who just understands what she needs, and gives it to her, without a second thought?

Too late to ask her about it now, I guess.

"I don't want to be the one to give her away." I said quietly.

"Why not?" My wife sat up. I sat up, too.

"She's not mine to give, anymore." I shook my head. "She's already CC's, there's nothing to give anymore."

"You're her brother," She pointed out, "Her big brother and she loves you, or she wouldn't have bothered asking you to do this." I knew she was right.

"If Dad were here…he'd give her away and I could just sit there like the good brother and watch my sister get handed off to some drummer in a band--"

"Your band." Sammi chuckled.

"And be done with it all." I finished, my lips twitching into a smile at her face.

"You worry too much, Jinxx." She shook her head. "You're scared you're not worthy of passing off your own sister, and you're worried you won't do it right. Just give her to CC and let the priest do the rest." I could tell there was something else on her mind though, by the way she moved her eyebrows together as if something just came to her.

I looked at her questioningly.

"Unless, she wants you to dance with her, too."

Can one call off a wedding that isn't theirs on account of their cold feet for handing their baby sister off to their bandmate?

"You have almost a year and a half," She assured me, "It'll all work out. Please get some sleep, you go back on tour in two days."

I nodded and let her tug me back into our previous positions on the bed.

This wedding might possibly be more stressful than my own, and that's terrifying enough, if you've never experienced it.

Weddings suck. How did Bach do it twice?
♠ ♠ ♠
RnFnR6661 - no probs! XD I think it's kinda funny! very creative :) and im glad you love this story! :D

As we slowly move forward in the story...

pwease pwease pwease comment, my lovelies? XD else I'll keep calling you strange nicknames? XD i just love hearing from you, it really makes me want to update!

Tell me what ya think!