Status: In Progress, Please Comment!

Mozart, Metallica, and Me...Wynnie

Old Women Give Some Unsightly Gifts...

"No sexing it up until your honeymoon." Sammi announced to me over the phone as I was awkwardly helping to set up for my first show on tour. "Starting now."

"W-w-what?" I spluttered.

"I think it'll be more romantic that way." She said simply.

"Is that what you did?!"

"My personal life, sorry." She responded easily. "Abstinence, Wynnie, abstinence. You'll survive."

"This is coming from the girl who practically begged me to go fuck random guys--"

"That was years ago!" She laughed.

I sighed, dragging a box out of the back of the van and almost falling on my ass.

"You get back on a Monday, right?"

"From the catalog shoots? I get back on the twenty-first of October…" I frowned, pointing at a stage-hand and directing him to the box I was breaking my back over. Lindsey was struggling to carry her box and I made my way over to help her.

"No, from the tour."

"Oh, yeah, I get back the fifth of October. I leave again the eleventh." I agreed. "The fifth is a Monday."

"Okay, good, hopefully everything is on schedule then!" She sounded cheerful.

"Why?" I frowned.

"Because it'd suck if you had no in-between time to tease your boy before the wedding!"

"I'm back from the shoot a week before it anyways--"

"Nope! Not good enough! He needs to suffer!"

"Someone's sadistic…"

"I'm in a good mood today." She breathed.

"That's good, Sammi." I laughed. "I need to go. This box is breaking my back."

"Okay, bye sweetheart!"

"Bye, Sammi." I laughed, hanging up.

"You ready for our first show?" Lindsey asked with a bright smile. We'd been crammed in a tiny blue van for twelve hours with our vocalists (yes, plural) and keyboardist as well as drummer, guitarists, and bassist.

I was ready for anything.

I nodded.

"Let's get this show on the road!"

By the third show, we realized we'd been selling out. The venues were small, but still, it was incredible. I loved it.

The rush was just fantastic.

"How'd your show go?" CC smiled. "I assume well by the way your smiling."

"Amazing, oh my gosh." I laughed. I was so in love with my iPhone right now. We'd all been struggling to charge our phones at the venues to save the gas it'd cost us to charge in the van.

But, we had no internet, and having the iPhone and Verizon network helped, a lot.

"That's great, Wynxx." He grinned. I heard a bark and he looked down. "Oh, hey, buddy, you wanna say 'hi' to Momma?" I heard another bark. We'd recently noticed Willy responding to the movement of our mouths, which was a miracle in itself if you ask me. He couldn't hear, but if he looked at you, he knew you were giving him attention when you opened and closed your mouth and made eye-contact with him. It was cute. "Here' you go." CC lifted our full-grown pitbull to see the screen. He panted, looking excited, before he nuzzled the screen and let out another of his unique barks.

"Hey, Willy." I chuckled. "You're going to make the camera all messy."

CC tapped him and then patted the couch next to him, inviting the dog to hop up.

"CC! No dogs on the furniture!" I scolded. We had a white couch for God sakes.

"I gave him a bath like…five minutes ago!"

"He's not even wet!" I pointed out.

"Okay, a few hours ago!" He admitted, "Same thing."

"He's not allowed on the couch! He knows better! You're teaching him bad things! I'm sending Sammi over to re-train my dog if you're not careful!" I teased.

"Arguing over parenting styles?" Lindsey asked tiredly from beside me. I chuckled and nodded.

"My dog is on the white couch." I sighed. "He's only allowed on the black couch."

"His hair is white--"

"White stains, CC." I rolled my eyes.

"I'll buy us a new couch." He finalized. I laughed.

We kind of did our own things for a moment. I watched him playing with Willy, the two of them playfully growling at each other.

"How are you doing, home alone?"

"It sucks." He admitted. "I'm not used to you not being here when I'm home. But, I'm at the studio a lot, so you know. I'm not alone all the time. And, I hang out with friends a bit…" He shrugged. "It's different. I don't understand how you do it."

"Practice." I teased.

He stuck his tongue out at me.

"Babe, I'll let you get to sleep." He smiled. "You look exhausted." He reasoned when I opened my mouth to protest. "Make sure you eat, okay? I know tour is stressful and hectic, don't forget to keep up your health, or you won't fit in the dress."

I rolled my eyes with a small smile.

"I love you, Wynnie."

"I love you, too." I blew him a kiss, as our usual good-bye was over chat.

He caught it and waved before we disconnected.

It was dark out, most of the van was asleep, minus Katie--who was driving.

I closed my eyes, tucking my phone into my pocket, and fell asleep.

***

Unfortunately, there was tons of space between shows. That caused for some insane distance to be traveled in the back of a cramped little van. We filled all of the seats and on top of that we had to have equipment packed. We didn't bring our own help, we relied on what little help the venue gave to us.

But, I have to admit it was fun.

"Wynnie, were's the rosin?" Lindsey groaned, digging through a box.

"I thought it was in your case?"

"I thought so, too, it's not there. Can you check yours?" I nodded and reached down to open my case. I dug through its contents.

"Yours isn't in here, you can use mine?" I offered.

She nodded.

"Thanks, but that's still really irritating." She sighed.

"I know." I agreed.

Eventually, we did find it. It was in a box with all of our mic equipment, which made no sense. At least we had it, we figured.

"Shit, I need a new string!" Tyler called from where he was stage left for soundcheck. Vivian, one of the vocalists with us, nodded and ran backstage to grab a spare.

This would mean we were about to spend another ten minutes tuning the thing.

Wonderful.

"Five minutes!"

Or not…

"Shit!" Tyler cursed and ran backstage before all of us, as they opened the doors to our minimalistic audience of thirty. I think the night was sold out, if Lindsey told me right, so thirty I think was the maximum.

It's small, but it's amazing for people like us.

"Breathe, Tyler." Corey said soothingly, helping the other scramble with strings and the works.

Finally, we were ready.

And tuned.

Miracle if I ever saw one.

The rush of performing got to me every time. It was so amazing to even have the opportunity to work with these people.

I kind of love everyone who talked me into this…

Even though my stage fright makes it difficult to put myself out there and even though my fear of general humanity makes it difficult to talk to people when we're done, it's still a fun time.

My phone buzzed and I looked down to my pocket.

Don't forget to stop for dinner.

I had to smile at his concern. It was, in fact, justified as I found myself skipping meals to stay on schedule or in order to help set up. Even still, it was cute to know he cared.

I'd be home before I knew it, and I knew that.

And as much as this touring was fun, I couldn't wait.

***

As soon as I was home, I felt arms wrap around me and a kiss pressed to my forehead.

"How was it?" CC murmured.

"Amazing." I grinned, "But, I'm glad to be home. I need to go grab my stuff. The boys are going to unpack once they get back to Corey's." I told him, he followed me outside.

When all of my stuff was out of the van and in the house--I didn't have much, laundromats were our best friend where we could stop for them--I ran upstairs to take a real shower.

"Yeah, I figured." CC laughed at me when I came out in nothing but a towel. "Touring gets like that." He teased before frowning. "Have you been eating?"

I sighed.

"W-where I could." I bit my lip, casting my gaze to the ground. "I'm s-s-sorry."

"No, no, Wynnie, it's fine. Wynn, Wynn, it's fine." He tried to pull my chin up. "I just don't want you getting sick on me or anything, Wynxx. Eating is important."

I nodded.

"But, I also understand where you're coming from." He kissed my lips softly. "It's not like I'm angry."

I nodded.

"Did you talk with the others there? You only really told me about Lindsey." He changed the subject as I went to grab clothes.

"Yes, they were nice. I didn't talk to them as much as I should have."

"Better than nothing." He chuckled, brushing a kiss against my lips.

Something scampered down the hall and pawed at my legs. I looked down.

"Willy!" I signed a 'w' and he yipped, giving me his doggy-grin. I laughed. "Did you miss me?" I asked. He cocked his head to the side, but his little smile didn't falter.

"Awe, baby boy, I love you." I cooed, trying to bend over without losing what little the towel covered.

"I love how the dog gets more attention." CC laughed.

"The kid comes first." I teased, drawing on the fact CC had been the first to refer to Willy and his late brother Juvie, who'd sadly past away while I was gone.

"Sorry, right, I forgot." He laughed.

"Where you asleep when I got home, Willy?" I laughed.

His tongue lolled out.

"Okay, you two, now I need to get dressed."

"I think you're just fine." CC wrapped his arms around me as I stood up fully, holding me in place.

"CC," I whined, trying to get away. Willy backed away and sat his rump down by the door.

"Wynnie." He mimicked.

I pouted and crossed me arms. He let out a laugh.

"Acting like a five year-old are we?"

"You're not getting any." i told him.

"I didn't mean to mimic you…" He whined, following.

"Oh, who's the five year-old now?" I laughed at his expression. "Not until after the wedding."

"I thought your brother was joking when he told me Sammi said that to you!" He groaned. "You're joking, right?"

"i'll see what happens." I shrugged.

"Come on, Wynn, it's been three months."

"Oh, boo-boo." I laughed, "I know how long it's been. It seriously bothers you? Are you a fucking rabbit or something?"

"Maybe, but you're my bunny." He countered, wrapping his arms around me again, as I'd escaped in his moment of shock, and pulling me against him.

The doorbell rang.

"The fuck?" He asked aloud and I snickered. He stuck his tongue out at me and I did the same in response before he left to answer the door. I stood, changing while I had the room to myself before voices floated up the stairs.

"Sammi--" His question was cut off.

"Is she here?" My sister-in-law asked.

"Yes, she's upstairs?" It came out as a question. "Why are there so many people?"

"There's only four of us." I could practically hear the irritation cultivating in her.

"Is she busy?" Lindsey's voice reached my ears.

"I just saw you an hour ago…"

"Yeah," She agreed, "And I'm back."

"Wynnie! We're kidnapping you! Get your ass down here!"

I heard laughter from who I think was Juliet and Ella.

I walked down the steps, pulling my hair in a high ponytail.

"Bridal shower, come on, our mothers and yours are all waiting in a nice restaurant for you and--"

"O-our?" I asked.

"Well, we needed more than just us." Ella rolled her eyes. "Come on, now, honestly."

"CC's mom is there, too--" Lindsey started.

"Oh…good God…" CC groaned.

"What you're wearing is presentable for the older generation." Juliet nodded.

"Let's go!"

"Holy crap--" I sighed, getting tugged out the door and just barely pecking CC good-bye.

"So, you're probably exhausted from touring." Sammi commented.

"Sucks for you." Ella chuckled.

"On the bright side, you'll fit in your dress again after a good meal, my God you lost some weight." Juliet frowned. "Did they starve you?" She asked me and Lindsey. We shook our heads.

"Just, we didn't have much time." I sighed.

They seemed to understand and nodded.

"It happens." Sammi shrugged.

"So, your final fitting is when you get back." Ella counted off on her fingers.

"I have all four of the bridesmaids dresses CC ordered at my house--" Sammi began.

My eyes widened.

Four…ordered four? What the fuck was wrong with him?!

"I'll bring them back to the shop when we all go, of course, for final fitting and all of that."

Well, it solves the issue of pairing people I guess…

Shit…four.

Obvious choices being Juliet and Ella…but I didn't know the latter as well as the other. Juliet I'd spend far more time with.

Not that I hadn't gone to Ella's wedding, I had, and she was obviously invited to mine….but I hadn't planned on…

I was making myself feel worse in my head by thinking it all through and I gave up.

"You girls will all be bridesmaids, right?" I asked.

Juliet seemed a little taken aback, but a smile quickly appeared and she nodded.

Ella stayed quiet for a moment longer, looking about as confused as I felt.

This was CC's way of saying politeness rules and if he put her husband in the wedding party, she has to be a part, too.

Not that I don't like her…it's just…I don't know her…

I gave her a shy smile.

"Yeah, sure I will." She finally smiled. I held back my sigh of relief.

"So, I'm thinking we get the skirts hemmed a bit, because you mentioned wanting them to be shorter. I'll get that done soon, if not before you're away, definitely by the time you get back." Sammi said quickly. "You wanted a little above the knee?"

I nodded.

"I-I don't know about bridesmaids' bouquets though--"

"Don't worry about it!" Sammi promised and I smiled.

"Oh, God, she's going to make us all carry leaves. I can just see it." Lindsey laughed.

"Oh…now you've put the idea in her head." Juliet sighed.

"It's better than Jack-O-Laterns or something." Ella chuckled.

"Oh, no, ew." I made a face. "Let's keep it classy…"

"No, I totally agree." Sammi nodded, glancing in the back of the car through the rearview. "I'd never make myself hold a fucking pumpkin for a whole wedding ceremony, are you kidding me?"

We all laughed and continued the drive joking around. Finally, we pulled up at a restaurant. It was a small group of us. My mom had apparently flown out my aunt and was housing her and Mrs. Mora at my old house. The girls' mom's--the only two I'd ever met being Sammi's and Lindsey's--were there, which was really nice of them. Sandra was there, which I think was sweet of Sammi to do.

It was kind of fun, actually.

We just ate and talked mostly, nothing horribly surprising.

Except, I mean the parents gave gifts.

Apparently old people have a sense of humor…

I stopped talking after I opened the first one. I mean, I managed to laugh where appropriate…but…still.

Seriously, what would you do if your own mother gave you lingerie? Like…seriously? It was worse than my sixteenth birthday when my brother gave me condoms. Oh my God, when my mom found those…

And yet, she's the one giving me crap.

But, it's not like it was just my mom.

Although I distinctly remember Sammi's mother giving her some strange gift for her shower, I don't particularly understand why she gave me a book on 101 Things to do in Bed. Mrs. Mora, the good, Catholic, and my soon-to-be mother-in-law somehow found it in her to give me the sequel, 101 Ways to Get Pregnant. I'm not going through the list.

The girls didn't get me anything, which both struck a fear in me as well as made me grateful the night could end sooner.

I spent the car-ride home being made fun of.

"By the way, we're kidnapping you tomorrow, too." Lindsey informed me. Where she got the energy to do this right after we got home from tour, I'll never know.

"Bachelorette Party." Sammi informed me.

"Didn't tonight count?" I pleaded.

"No, we haven't given you our gifts yet!" Ella teased.

"And it'll be way more fun, we can do things!" Juliet laughed.

"Oh…yay…" I bit my lip.

"You can sleep in, be ready by five, we have a lot to do and bring a change of clothes appropriate for a club." Sammi said with an amused smile before they left.

"Hey, how was--"

I gave him the shopping bag and he took out one of the books.

"Wh-wh-what? Wh-who?" He stammered.

"One of them is from your mom, the other is from Sammi's."

"Oh…wow."

"Yeah." I sighed.

He chuckled.

"Well, have fun reading." He teased, kissing my forehead.

"And there's a Bachelorette party for just the six of us, Sandra's been invited, tomorrow." I groaned.

"That's nice." He laughed.

"Here." I yawned after a moment, giving him back the book. "You can read it, it's the closest you're getting to sex until we're married now."

"I'm going to kill that woman for her ideas."
♠ ♠ ♠
Starbabyekj - Yay! Thank you! That is a pretty choice isn't it? :) and thanks for the compliments! I'm glad you love it!

xDetanatorxDollx - Oh yay, thank you! :D I'm so glad you like it!

miakalovetama22 - That is a perfectly lovely bouquet, isn't it? :) and I can't wait, either! I swear, I'm putting more effort into this thing than I am into finding my darn prom dress -__- (which I need to get started on XD, our school does junior ball in december!) It's so ridiculous! But I'm psyched XD

PoIsOnIvY0212 - That's quite a lovely choice as well! :) And here is more! :D

So, I might push the wedding back a chapter, just because there's tons of last minute shit to put in that I didn't think fit in this chapter.

So...what do you guys wanna see happen at the Bachelorette Party? And should I do a CC POV on the Bachelor Party? What do you think and what are some things you think would be fun to do? XD

BTW--I hate doing this :/ but please comment, seriously. Those are what makes me update faster, they inspire me to keep going! So please! Comment. I don't want to say I won't update if I don't get any, because I really do hate threatening that. But, I mean odds are you will get an update faster the more people that comment. Especially if those people answer the "what should they do" question above, or my polls for wedding dresses of bouquets! They're all open until the day of--er--the chapter of the wedding! :p