Status: In Progress, Please Comment!

Mozart, Metallica, and Me...Wynnie

Not a Bride!

"Is this you living the life?" CC laughed at me. I frowned and tilted my head to the side. "Is this you living the life?" He said a little louder. I shook my head with a shy smile. "So, then show me how you live."

I shook my head.

"I saw you talking with the other girls earlier, good for you." He smiled. I bit my lip and nodded. He gave me a goofy pout. "You're being all quiet again!"

"I'm tired." I tried to yell at him. He grinned and shook his head, grabbing my hand and pulling me into the crowd.

"You're not, you're just scared of letting go." He spun me jokingly in a move definitely not meant for the dance floor of a night club. "Come on, Wynnxx, dance!"

I bit my lip and scuffed my shoe on the floor.

"Dance, have fun, come on, Wynn!" He tried with a smile, "I know you move better than that at photo shoots." He smirked. I frowned and flicked him on the nose. "Hey! You've been spending way too much with your sister-in-law, or soon-to-be for that matter. You should stop."

I rolled my eyes.

"Come on," He pleaded. I shook my head. "Are you really tired?" He walked me back off the floor. I nodded. "Do you want me to ask Jinxx if I can drive you home?" I shook my head.

"I'd be ruining your fun."

"I can't drink too much anyways, because I'd still have to drive home, and none of the girls here are pretty enough without a few drinks in my system." He grinned. "It's not a big deal, Wynnxx."

"I--" I couldn't say no, I have like no voice when it comes to decision making. I sighed. "Fine."

"Cool, I'll go ask." I nodded and watched him make his way to the table Jinxx was sitting at. They exchanged a few words and I could tell, even from here, that my brother wasn't happy. He checked his watch and then looked back up at CC with a frown. CC nodded back to me and I bit my lip when Jinxx's eyes met mine. I moved my gaze to the ground.

A few moments later, CC reappeared next to me.

"He was concerned about why I was taking you home so early." I looked up at him. He laughed. "It's only like…10, Wynn. Night life has hardly started."

I bit my lip.

"You can stay here, you know?" I pushed, "I can wait for…seven hours while you all party yourselves out."

He shook his head with a smile.

"It's not a problem."

I nodded.

"Come on." He led me through the door and through the dark outdoors to his car. "You're going to have to plug in the address." He motioned to the GPS. "I'm a tiny bit directionally challenged."

I nodded and plugged my address in as he pulled out onto the streets.

We drove mostly in silence, which I was perfectly okay with. He walked me to the door of my apartment complex and made to turn around before I spoke up softly.

"You wanna come in?" I asked nervously. He turned around, head tilted to the side. "Uh--if you keep if down, you can give me that drum lesson?"

He grinned.

"Yeah, sure." He nodded. I took a breath to steady myself, even thought I was comfortable talking to him now, initiating conversations was not my strongpoint.

We walked up in silence and I locked my apartment door behind me as I entered.

"Let's see if I remember where the music room is…" He frowned, tapping his chin before walking off down the mini hallway.

I flicked on the lights, following quickly to make sure he didn't just…destroy my apartment. I kind of need to live here…

He'd found the room, apparently. I walked in on him adjusting the set.

"So, what do you know?"

"That it makes noise?" I smiled sheepishly.

"Good start!" He laughed. "Come on." He motioned for me to sit down at the seat. "Okay, I guess we'll start with something easy." He smiled. "Try…this." He tapped a few drums in a rhythm with his hands and then moved behind me to watch. I hesitantly repeated his movement. "Not so…nervously." He chuckled. "You can play quiet and still play rhythmically. Try again." I started hesitantly again. "Nope, start over." He already corrected me and I went to try again before he tickled my sides and I sped through it, but loudly. He laughed. "That's it!"

"You-you-you--"

"Yeah?" He grinned.

"You jerk! I probably woke up my neighbors!" I frowned at him. He chuckled and shook his head.

"At least you got through it well! Now try a little more on beat, you can play quietly. You're in control." He squatted down behind me so he was at my level.

I tried again, a little more fluidly until the end when CC ran his fingers up my sides again to tickle me and I hit the crash cymbal.

I looked at him, my mouth wide open in shock as I choked the cymbal in question before it had the chance to wake up anyone next door.

He grinned.

I didn't like the look on his face, so I got up and ran. He caught me though, about half way to the living room; which, in retrospect, isn't very far. I fell to my knees, laughing and proceeded to fall into a lying position on the ground, still laughing as he ticked me.

It was "rolling on the floor laughing" in the most literal sense, I suppose.

He laughed too, and it seemed like years before he stopped and I could catch my breath. By that point, he was hovering over me, looking curiously into my eyes.

There was a moment of just…awkward silence.

And then he leaned down and kissed me.

Holy…crap.

***

"He what?!" Sammi screeched over the phone. "Oh my God, Wynn! Are you guys like--"

"No." I cut her off.

"What do you mean 'no?'" She asked.

"I mean, no, we're not together."

"Well…why not?!" She pressed. "You clearly like him or you wouldn't be telling me this!"

"I…I would be whether I like him or not." I frowned.

"Oh my God, Wynn! That's so…adorable!" She whined. I rolled my eyes. "Was that…holy shit! Wynn was that your like…"

"N-No!" I protested. "I-I kissed the singer from one of Jeremy's old bands…or he kissed me…I think it was a dare."

"Well, that doesn't count for shit!" She denied. "It's your first kiss, Wynnie! And it was so adorable!"

"It's not my--"

"Wynnxx, why is there no bacon in this fridge?" A voice called from the kitchen somewhere beyond the door.

"Is that--DID YOU SLEEP WITH HIM?!" She squealed.

"No!" I hissed. "He stayed the night on the couch because…" I trailed off, unsure of what to say.

"You were drinking with him!" She laughed.

"I wasn't--" She cut me off.

"You were! You so were! I didn't think you had it in you! Oh! This is perfect! I can make you two partners for the entrance and--" Everything goes back to the wedding with her, I think.

"Sammi, you're taking this too far."

"Wynnxx!" CC called again.

"Oh, your lover's calling!" She teased. "I'll let you go."

"No, don't leave, hold on--" I put my hand over the receiver. "Damn it, CC, I'm a vegetarian! There's fake bacon somewhere in there, make due with that!"

"He'll never find it." She laughed. "I'll let you go, okay?" And there was a click as she hung up.

I walked to the kitchen, putting my cellphone in my pocket.

"You and Sammi." He was making a face.

"I didn't know her when I went vegetarian." I defended quietly with a laugh. "Sorry for shouting."

"No need to apologize!" He laughed, brightening up, "I wouldn't have heard you otherwise--what is that?!" He made a face again.

"Eggplant?" I laughed relieved that he wasn't upset.

"For breakfast?"

"If you cook it like this," I opened the container and it was mostly dry with lots of orange powder sprinkled over it, "It's like bacon."

"Just give up vegetarianism and eat real bacon." He said exasperatedly.

I giggled and shook my head.

"So, Wynnxx," He watched me closely as I put the eggplant in the pan of vegetable oil. "You…you wanna try…like…you wanna go on a date?" He tried. I bit my lip nervously.

"I-I-I--" I stammered.

"You don't need to answer right away." He stopped me. I felt bad, he was sure I'd turn him down. And, I was tempted to. People find me annoying after a while, that's why I really don't have many friends. I try to be independent, but I'm not. I need someone to help me constantly. I'm too needy. People don't like it and I don't blame them.

"I--yeah, sure." I kicked at the ground nervously.

"Sweet!" He grinned. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I answered without checking the Caller I.D.

"Hey, Wynnie?" My brother's voice asked.

"Yeah?" I responded quietly.

"No, I just wanted to make sure you're okay. You left really early last night and I guess I just--" He broke off as I heard Sammi in the background yelling something like "you don't hear her calling us every five minutes to check up on us just because we left late." I had to laugh.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I assured.

"Wynnxx, when will breakfast be ready?" CC asked.

"Is that CC?" Jinxx asked followed by a distant "leave her alone, babe!"

"Uh, yeah." I bit my lip.

"Why?" He pressed.

"He came over to make sure the same thing you called for and then we're…going to go…food shopping."

"You're making him breakfast?"

"Because he came when I was making it." I agreed.

"O-okay." I know he was suspicious, but I needed him off the phone.

"I'll see you, Jeremy!" I hung up.

CC frowned.

"That was your brother?"

I nodded and finished scraping eggplant off the bottom of the pan and into a paper-towel-lined bowl.

"What'd he say?"

"He wanted to know why he heard you in the background." I turned around to look up at him nervously.

"Well, you're my girlfriend." He grinned. My eyes widened. He chuckled. "You said 'yes' you'd go out with me."

"On a date!" I mumbled.

"Well, too bad." He smiled, "That was in the fine print."

"I want a refund." I said quietly, now a little more nervous than I was before.

"No return policy." He stuck his tongue out at me. "Come on, Wynnxxie, don't let the big, bad brother scare you."

"He should scare you." I sighed.

"And he does, to a point." He took my hands. "But, he's also very sensible, and I know he won't kill me without reason."

I sighed and shook my head, turning to pick up the bowl I'd left on the counter. He hesitantly tried a piece before his face lit up.

"Holy shit, this tastes like bacon!"

I snorted and shook my head.

"Okay, I'll make the score Carnivores: a million and Vegetarians: one." He teased.

"Omnivore. You're an omnivore, you don't just eat meat. You just ate a fruit." I rolled my eyes.

"Shh, same thing." I gave him a fork.

We ate in silence for a few minutes before he looked up at me.

"So, wear something nice tonight."

I choked on my orange juice. He burst out laughing. I pouted and grabbed a napkin from the center of the table.

"Tonight?" I squeaked, once I'd successfully swallowed (not like that) and wiped my mouth.

"Mhmm!" He grinned.

"Y-you don't think we're taking things too fast?" By 'we're' I'd meant 'you're.'

"Maybe," He shrugged. "But, it might be better to get the first date out of the way while your brother is still in the dark." He smiled sheepishly.

I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"He scares me." He laughed.

I smiled and shook my head.

"So, wear something nice. I'll text you a time, but I can pick you up if you want." He offered before pausing and getting a really…um…nerve-wracking grin on his face.

"What, CC?" I whined softly.

"I changed my mind." He told me. "I'm not scared of your brother."

I don't like where this is going.

I looked at him, confused and more than a little worried.

"Okay, so expect some time around seven-ish!" He pecked my cheek, a little teenager-like I think, from watching the girls around the halls have their boyfriends kiss them on the cheek before they went to class. It was…cute, and not at all what I expected from anyone, let alone him.

I nodded.

"See ya!" He smiled and left. I locked the door behind him and went to shower.

This was going to be a long day.

***

CC had texted me that he'd be here at seven and that heels were in fact appropriate.

I was just pulling a black, overall skirt over my black, patterned tights and white button-down blouse after finishing my hair and pinning in a black flower when there was a buzz for me. I ran to the door to hit the aircall and let CC in as I grabbed my heels and purse.

I just finished slipping my shoes on when he knocked. I opened the door carefully.

"Holy shit, you look amazing." He looked me up and down, eyes landing a little too long on my legs and then again at my chest.

"I love the pants." I smiled, he was wearing black jeans. Impressively, he managed to pair them with a white button down.

"Thanks." He smiled back. "You, did you draw that birthmark on?" He asked curiously.

"Yeah." I nodded, surprised he'd noticed the Marilyn Monroe thing I had going on with my face.

"Awesome." He grinned, "Almost thought it was real and I'd never seen it before."

I smiled.

"You ready to go?"

I nodded.

"Sweet, come on." He placed his arm on the small of my back and led me gently out the door and to the elevator.

The car ride was…interesting. It was like a game of twenty-questions, in all honesty. He wouldn't take one-word answers, he said my voice was too pretty to give one word answers, and he teased me when he made me blush.

I feel…boring next to him. He always has an amazing story to answer my questions with. I think it's pretty pathetic of me, but I'm pretty sure that his stories probably depict what actually having friends is like.

We parked and suddenly, the guy who was always happy and cheerful started to pale. I bit my lip out of nervousness.

"What's wrong?" I whispered.

"No, nothing, it's fine. I just…I'm…" He took a breath, "Okay, so I figured the cliche double-date as a first date would probably be the best way to go, I figured you'd probably feel more comfortable with people you know."

I didn't, because I didn't know any of the people I know's girlfriends. I refrained from telling him that, mostly out of shyness, and he turned to me.

"Problem is, I don't feel comfortable--now that I think about it--with the people you know."

I cocked my head to the side and he shook his own.

"Never mind, let's go." He got out of the car, leapt around it to my side, and opened my door as I was opening it. "Hey! I've got the door!" He teased, "It's my job."

I rolled my eyes and stepped out. He held out his hand as if to balance me as I exited the car and pulled it away when he realized I was capable.

"How do you walk in those things?"

I shrugged.

"Practice."

"No one-word answers, Wynnie." He smiled. I could still tell that he was nervous. He was fidgety in a nervous manner rather than hyper manner. He kissed me gently and led me through the door. He spoke a second with the waiter. Suddenly fidgety again, he wrapped his arm around me and looked upwards as if praying to the higher being. He gave me a smile before continuing through the restaurant to, presumably, wherever the other half of the double-date was.

I caught sight of something familiar from a distance and didn't really take it in until we got closer. A mop of choppy black hair that was sort-of styled to look neater than usual and a sleek, pale blonde head next to it. They laughed to themselves quietly before catching sight of us.

Sammi looked at me apologetically. I bit my lip, losing eye contact with her in order to look at the floor and avoid meeting eyes with my brother.

"Y-You can't be serious." He sounded upset, shit, shit, he's upset. "CC, that's my sister."

"She's my girlfriend."

Oh crap.

"She's off limits! She's a blood relative!" He didn't sound angry, though. I should have given him more credit.

"Ashley fucked Andy's cousin, she was a blood relative." CC squeezed my side as if trying to get rid of the nervous energy.

"T-that's…" He sighed. "If you hurt her, Coma, I will fucking put you in a coma."

I looked up to meet eyes with the man five years my senior at the table and he gave me a small smile.

"If you're happy Wynnie, you're an adult. You know how to make your own decisions."

I blinked.

"Didn't think I'd let him live, did you?" He laughed at my surprise.

"You scare me sometimes." I admitted. He shook his head, still smiling.

"I'm your brother, it's my job to frighten you a little bit."

I looked at Sammi who smiled.

"Well, welcome as a two-time member of the black veil family as both a bride and a sister." She smiled.

"Not a bride!" Jinxx whined. "A boyfriend I can handle, I can't handle her getting married yet."

I laughed.

This was going smoother than I thought it would go...
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, thanks to KeriContagious (love your name, btw! And thanks for reading!) JustMaddi666 (love your numbers, b-t-dubbs) and Starbabyekj (yours reminds me of something Polish or slavic...I LOVE IT :p) for commenting! I'm so glad you all like it thus far and that you actually looked forward to another update.

So, here you are!

Comment lovelies!

And, also, so I was hesitant of moving this this fast, until I went through my own speed-dating experience and realized, it's possible! XD

I'll probably keep saying "drama ahead" because it's true, but not for a little bit :p

ANYWHOO!

LOVE YA'LL!

Love,
GIMH