A Few Words

one & only

Blue. That was the immediate thought that came to mind when I was presented to you. Those intense blue eyes that sat so perfectly on your flawless face. You were so handsome. Your long hair showed those rebellious qualities laced so thickly through your personality. Those traits that later captured me and had my emotions skyrocketing. Honestly, I don't know what it was that made me fall so quickly. Whether it was your ruthless attitude, your rough past, or your scarred hands that held such a gentle touch.

Your hands. Where to begin? They were perfect in all of the wrong ways. You were too young to have such demolished hands. They took part in too many illegal things, in too many dangerous things. Were the scars because of the days when you fought? Or were they from the nights when you robbed various places? Which was it? Was it both? I guess I'll never know.

Those inquiries will stay unanswered due to the fact that our relationship was demolished. It was destroyed and not a shred of hope was left behind. Certain that it wasn't me, evidence points to you as the suspect. Your changing ways brought down the best thing you and I both ever could of dreamed of having. Such a beautiful and stable relationship, gone. Just because you couldn't of stayed loyal and honest.

Could those two things really of been too much to ask for? In reality they seem so simple, so easy to abide by. I suppose that mentally, for you, they were a handful. Complex an advanced in nature. You were never a dumb boy, not even a hint of stupidity. I think that you were just afraid of commitment. The common deal breaker was found within you. Who would've thought that out of all the vicious factors in the world that you'd be deathly afraid of such a minor thing as commitment?

Your fear explains the reason you aborted the relationship, why you ran so quickly away. You left me confused, better yet you left me dazed. At the time I had no idea what could have caused you to leave. Looking back I should have known, I could of prevented my heart from shattering, I would of saved myself from such an immense amount of misery.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda.

Which leads to now. An entire year later an I am still not completely over you. It's insanity in honesty. Being stuck on one subject for such a long time. Sitting here, muttering emotionless words to a close friend who is slowly witnessing my demise.

"I cannot stand to hear you like this," her voice whispers. She sounds so strong, especially compared to me. Her voice is melodic, she's never been hurt.

"He was at Andre's today, and I seen him," my voice broke as my vocal chords released the last syllable. It was painful enough saying it, and recalling the recent memory was opening old wounds that never healed properly.

"Well what happened?"

"I zoned out, completely. All I know is that I heard his voice today. I didn't know a single word he said, not one resemblance to the man I met," the words left my mouth in a hurry. As if they were painful to hold in any longer.

My words were true. He sounded so different. His sweet voice that I was once so acquainted with was gone, and instead replaced with a sadistic tone that did nothing but scare me. Where did he go? Where was the boy I fell so fucking hard for? Where did he disappear to? Could it be that he never even left? Was that the conclusion?

The boy that I met was an illusion. The sweet characteristics were painted on by a monster. His disguise worked so well, it took what it wanted from me and left. Left me alone, miserable and changed. He transformed me from lively to dull. All with a few words.