Status: Comments make me update more!!!

Buried Alive

One

Charlotte

I could remember the last breath he took, our last moment together. It had been a fabulous Friday evening. Brian had taken me out to dinner and to go see some cliché romance film. As I recall it was one of the few times that we weren’t fighting or trying to kill each other. Don’t get me wrong, I loved him but something about him just made me want to kill him. Literally. Most people would say, “Why don’t you just break up?” but the thing was, we had tried that on several different occasions and each time we’d end up running back to each other.

I couldn’t live with him, I couldn’t live without him. That’s what made it so hard for me when I poured the small vile of arsenic into his glass. I knew if the poison would take effect, I’d lose him but I’d win our little war. Vividly I could remember how he smiled all night, placing sweet kisses on my plump lips every once in a while. He’d whisper cute things about how much he loved me into my ear.

“I love you, Cookie.”

His breath was warm against my neck and I felt my heart race once I saw him lift the glass up to his lips. One part of me was cheering for joy but the other half of me wanted nothing more than to knock that glass out of his hand and hold him close. Of course I didn’t do that though. I watched him swallow down his drink and in those last few minutes it was as if time had slowed down almost completely. My heart was beating so loud that I assumed he could hear it.

He smiled one last time before a sour look crossed his face he started towards me, looking like he was ready to kill but before he could take more than two steps, his hands shot to his neck and the violent coughing subsided. Brian’s mouth opened and closed like a fish gasping for air. His brown eyes that were once full of life were now dull and lifeless. Brian thudded to the ground and I watched, horrified at what I had just done.

He was dead! He was really dead! I’d just killed the man I’d fallen so madly in love with two years ago. I laughed out loud to myself and kneeled down to place a soft kiss to the side of his cheek, then got up and walked out of that house taking everything with me. I’d already told his and my friends that we had broken up and I was going over to the house to pick up my stuff that day. They would never know what I had done, what we had been doing for a good two years. On the bathroom table was simple suicide note explaining that he couldn’t live without me and took his own life, blah, blah, blah. No one would know. As I walked out of that house and climbed into the taxi cab with Brian’s small, white dog, Pinkly, I grinned.

I was getting away with murder.
♠ ♠ ♠
All my other stories are on Hiatus for the time being.