Status: Comments make me update more!!!

Buried Alive

Two

Brian

They almost put me in the ground, all because of that bitch. God I loved her though. The way she moved, talked, smelt, everything about her turned me on yet made me want to do nothing more than to kill her at the exact same time. Being the stupid man I was, I drank that glass. Whatever she put in it clearly wasn’t the arsenic she thought it was. All it did was make me choke, pass out, and I woke up three days later with a tag on my toe, headed for the morgue. You should have seen the look on the doctor’s face when I gasped or air and shot straight up off the table.
That was three years ago and since then, I’d devoted all my time to finding my dear Charlotte. I wasn’t going to let her win, no matter how hard she’d try I’d never let her win.

*****

“Bri, what’s up?” Zacky asked, walking into my house.

I owned a section of the beach here in Huntington so I had it all to myself. It was a bit secluded and there was a gate that you had to go through before anyone could enter the property, but the key was I had to buzz you in. Perfect for keeping out almost everyone, perfect for keeping what I wanted inside.

I looked up from my notebook and grinned, “Oh nothing, just the usual.”

“Writing killer riffs?” Zacky chuckled, joking around about our high school band, Avenged Sevenfold.

I nodded, “Yeah man, I’m on vacation so why not?”

Zack nodded and took a seat on my leather couch.

He leaned back and sighed, “So what’s on the agenda today?”

“Nothing. I ain’t got shit to do.” I chuckled and shut my notebook, tucking it back in its place.

Which was locked away in the small drawer of my coffee table. Zack would never know that the notebook wasn’t actually for my music, no it was for something much bigger. Revenge on the girl of my dreams.

Zacky looked up at the bookshelf and made a face when he saw the picture of Charlotte and I a few weeks before she “killed” me. The picture showed us both smiling, my arm wrapped around her shoulders to pull her closer to me. Her eyes had that oh so familiar glint of happiness in them, and I couldn’t lie mine did too. They always lit up when she was around. There was just something about her.

“You really miss her don’t you?” Zacky questioned.

I nodded and frowned, “Sure do.”

He sighed and stood up, turning the picture around so that I could just see the back of the frame.

“Did you ever find her? They sent out police and everything. Did you get any word at all?” Zacky asked.

I shook my head, “Hey, do you mind if I just want to be alone? I got some stuff to do.”

Zacky sent me a weak smile then nodded, “Alright man, if you need me just call.”

“Will do. Later.” I waved him off then waited until the sound of his car was leaving the front gate, locking behind him on his way out.

I cracked my knuckles and mumbled under my breath then headed to my office. My fingers tapped along the drawer in my oak desk as I moved towards the handle to pull it open and take out the small black phone I used for business. Quickly I pressed the green button after typing in the number I had gotten earlier and waited for someone to answer.

“Hello Mr. Haner, I’ve been waiting for your call.” The deep voice spoke on the other end.

I smirked, “You said you’ve got information, so spill.”

“We found her. She’s in Montana, Billings to be exact. She’s been working as a cosmetologist under the name. Stupidly enough, she never changed her name. Still listed under Charlotte. Oh but here’s the twist, she took your last name.”

I balled up my fists, “She what?”

“Got her last name legally changed to Haner. Hey did you also know that she cleared out about three of your bank accounts?”

I shook my head and growled, “E-mail me the address and whatever other information.”

“Alright. Bye.”

I shut my phone then tossed it on the desk. Angrily I turned and punched a hole in the dry wall. She took my last name and cleared three of my accounts out. This time she’s dead and I’ll stop at nothing until she stops breathing.