Status: Comments make me update more!!!

Buried Alive

Four

Brian

I sort of felt like a stalker, following Charlotte and her little boyfriend around. Word on the street was his name was Badger. Who the hell names a kid Badger? I’d been doing nothing all day but looking up shit on her to see what she’d been doing for the past three years. She was careful, her record was clean as a whistle, except for one thing. It was hard to find. I had to pay off some people to get the classified information on her medical record. A few months after she had ‘killed’ me and left to come here to Montana, Charlotte had an abortion. There was no mistake in that, she killed our my baby. Charlotte now had more of a reason to die, she killed my own child. She’d pay for it, all of it.

XXX

“Can I get you anything else, sir?” The preppy waiter at Denny’s asked.

I shook my head no and tried to be polite. He was blocking the view of Charlotte. Damn, she looked beautiful. She’d dyed her hair the colors she always said she wanted to. I never thought she’d look so good with light blue and purple hair.

“No, I’m fine.” Were the words that it finally took to get that damn waiter out of my way.

I didn’t even like Denny’s, their food wasn’t as good as it was said to be. It all tasted the same, and like someone had just reheated a meal about three times.

“Enjoy your meal.” The waiter smiled, walking back in the direction of the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes and took a drink of my water. My eyes focused on that bitch and her pet. He was so naïve to think that she was so innocent, if he really knew who she was then he wouldn’t be able to even stomach looking at her beautiful face anymore.

“Thanks.” She smiled after taking a drink out of the travel sized Pepto-Bismol that he had with him.

I glared when I heard him accept her thanks, “No problem, luv.”

He had a bit of an accent, probably from England or something. He sounded British, but he must have been in America for a while because even though there was a hint of his accent he was losing it.

I took a small bite of my food, washing the taste down with the water I had. When I looked up I saw that her little pet had dropped his silverware on the ground. What a klutz.

“Shit, I got it.” He got down on his knee to grab the silverware.

She looked bored, sipping on her drink, which was most likely a Diet Coke. I took another bite of my food and watched as her pet stayed on one knee. He looked up at her with a nervous look on his face, reaching into his pocket to pull out a small box. Charlotte gasped, everyone was looking at them.

“Charlotte Haner, you make me so damn happy. I can’t imagine living without you, I’d rather die. Will you please do me the honor of being my wife?” He asked.

My throat went dry when I heard her reply, “Yes!”

I blocked out the applause and congratulations that people were shouting out. Her pet slipped the ring onto her finger and pulled her in for a kiss. I couldn’t even think straight, I had bent the fork in my hand in half from squeezing on it. I quickly moved to the bathroom and let my rage out on the mirror. As the pieces fell I stared at my reflection in what was left of the mirror.

My fist was bloodied and there was no way I could stay in this building any longer, without a second thought I pushed the window open and climbed out. I needed a drink.