Status: Comments make me update more!!!

Buried Alive

Five

Charlotte

Badger and I held hands, walking down the street to a small bar called Duffer’s. Home of cheap beer and lousy food.

“Go save us a booth, I’ll get the drinks. We’re celebrating tonight.” Badger kissed my cheek before heading to the bar.

There were a few more people in Duffer’s then there usually was. The chatter was loud but the music coming through the speakers could still be heard over all of it. I smiled, admiring the shiny diamond ring on my finger. It was beautiful. Badger returned to the table and kissed along my jaw line, making me giggle softly.

“Congrats!” Rainy, one of the bartenders, smiled warmly.

I smiled and nodded, “Thanks, Rain.”

She set the drinks down on the table and then walked away. Badger smiled and held his glass up.

“Cheers to us.” He whispered, touching his hand to my stomach.

I smiled and downed my drink a bit faster than usual. I needed to get so wasted that I wouldn’t remember what I was doing.

XXX

Badger

After a few hours of drinking, Charlotte was giggling and falling all over. She was really beautiful, even when she was drunk off her ass.

“That’s a big ring.” A voice spoke.

I looked up from Charlotte to see a rather intimidating man in a fedora. He slid in the seat across from Charlotte and I.

“look we don’t want any trouble.” I started but he cut me off.

“-Don’t worry, I’m here to congratulate the happy couple.” He smiled.

I nodded, “Thanks mate.”

“I’m Brian.” He held out his hand to me.

Carefully I shook his hand, “The names Brandon, friends call me Badger.”

“Where are you from? Sorry, not trying to get personal it’s just you have a bit of an accent.”

A small chuckle escaped from my throat, “Oh, I’m originally from Yorkshire but I moved here about three years back. Then I met this lovely lady here. She’s my everything. I don’t know what I’d do if I lost her.”

“How long have you two been together?”

I pushed Charlotte up so she wasn’t falling asleep on the table, letting her lean against me.

“Been together for about two years. I ran into her at this coffee shop. Although she wasn’t there for the coffee, she was there for the free wifi.” I chuckled softly.

Brian nodded, “How cute.”

I nodded and pressed my lips against Charlotte’s forehead. He seemed to tense up when I did that but I just ignored him. I didn’t care what he thought, I didn’t even know him.

“She’s beautiful, you’re a very lucky man.” Brian downed his drink then stood up from the table.

I nodded and stood up as well, “Thanks. It was nice meeting you.”

He nodded and looked over at Charlotte who was slowly opening her eyes. Once her eyes locked on Brian she turned pale.

“Oh Charlotte, This is Brian.” I introduced.

Charlotte looked instantly sick.

“You okay?” I asked.

She nodded and opened her mouth to speak but Brian spoke instead, “I knew it was you.”

“You two know each other?” I asked a bit confused.

He nodded, “We’re cousins. I’m Brian Haner Jr. and I’ve been looking for my favorite cousin ever since she left home.”