Status: Comments make me update more!!!

Buried Alive

Six

Charlotte

I woke up with a killer hangover. I really shouldn’t drink so much. Carelessly, I rolled over and downed the Aspirin and glass of water that Badger had left on the nightstand. In the kitchen the sound of Kid Cudi’s Erase Me, played.

“Babe, I had this crazy dream last night-” I laughed to myself as I walked into the kitchen where Badger was cooking eggs and hash browns, but I stopped fast when I saw Brian sitting at the kitchen table.

I keep on running, keep on running, and nothing works.
I can’t get away from you.
No, I keep on ducking, keep on ducking you, nothing helps
I can’t stop missing you.


How fitting…. Seriously, if there is a god he just hates me.

“Why are you here.” I spat, angrily in Brian’s direction.

Brian looked up from the paper on the table and smiled, “I heard from a litter bird that you moved to Montana and I just had to come find you. We’ve missed you so much, back home.”

Quickly I looked over at Badger who gave me a sweet smile.

“Brian, told me all about how you and your family got into a fight about not going to college and you left town. I understand.”

My head snapped back over to Brian, who just gave me his signature smirk, “It’s alright, Cookie. We forgive you.”

I turned and bolted into the bathroom before spilling my guts into the porcelain bowl. Quickly, I slammed the door and pushed the lock into place then continued to vomit. I was dreaming, I had to be dreaming. I killed him! Four years ago! Unless the dead is rising out of their graves, then there’s no way that this is possible.

“Maybe this is all just a really bad dream.” I whispered to myself, leaning back against the bathtub.

There was a heavy knock on the door, “Babe, you alright in there?”

“Yeah. I’m fine, too much alcohol. I guess.” I answered back.

I could hear him sigh and lean against the door, “I know this is a shock for you but I think in time you’ll come to understand that you can still have your family there for you. I think that’s great, especially since we’ll be planning the wedding and everything….I mean I’d like them to be there.”

“Badge, can you just leave me alone for a little bit. I have a migraine.” I lied.

Even though I couldn’t see him through the door, I could tell he was frowning slightly, “Alright. I love you.”

“I love you too…” I whispered, letting a few tears escape from eyes.

After a few minutes, Badger’s footsteps retreated back to the kitchen where I’m guessing Brian had been listening in the whole time. I let out an aggravated grunt, slamming hand down on the handle of the toilet. In a matter of seconds all of disgusting fluid had drained down and was replaced with fresh water.

“Disgusting.” I spat, then slowly stood up to turn on my shower.

XXX

After an hour, I finally got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body before unlocking the door and heading into the bedroom. Looking around I noticed that the little white ball of fur was missing from her little pet bed.

“Pinkly.” I called out then heard her yapping coming from the living room.

I groaned and walked into the living room to see Brian sitting on the couch with Pinkly, laying in his lap.

“You look gorgeous, Cookie.” He smirked.

“Where’s Badger.” I growled, trying not to be intimidated by him.

He put his hands up, “he got a call from someone named, Spider, and left to go help him with something. Honest, he left a note.”

I looked over at the table to see that there was indeed a note and it basically said the same thing that Brian had just told me. Before I could even move, Brian gripped onto my arm and tossed me down onto the couch.

“Get off of-” He cut me off by pressing his lips to mine.

Just like that a shock sparked through my system. He tore the towel away, and soon his clothing was gone as well. Never thought I’d be a cheater but here I am, making love to the man that I love once loved.