Love Is a Fairy Tale, Life Isn't

Chapter 2

"You want the usual?" I asked Maija as we walked in to the coffee shop where we usually hung out.

It was situated near the university so it was close by for us when we had an hour off. But that’s not what attracted me to this place, I liked the quietness the most. Unlike other places near the university it wasn't as busy due to the fact that it was pretty hidden away from the main street.

"Yes please." She said before making her way to one of the booths as I made my way to the register.

I place my order and paid for them. Our coffee order was soon finished and I turned around to walk to our booth when a familiar face stopped me.

"Hey, you’re the girl with her ‘friend's’ book." The red head said with emphasize on the word friend. I felt my face turn red for the hundredth time that day as I saw the same guy who had helped me on the street earlier that day.

"Hi." I said, I felt awkward, What had happened earlier that day had been so embarrassing and I had hoped, no assumed that I would never see him again.

I tried to think of a quick way out, when I couldn’t think of anything I just decided to walk away. I just wanted to turn away when at the last minute I decided against it. "Just so you know, I didn't buy that book." I tried to explain again, hoping that maybe, I could save some of my dignity.

"Sure, I believe you. It was a friend's." He said, I would have believed him but his voice was laced with sarcasm.

I just rolled my eyes to his response. "It's true, I got it from a friend for my birthday as she wants me... to loosen up." I hesitantly added the last part.

"Not that it is any of your business."

I turned around to make my way to the booth that Maija had picked out when I heard the guy say something. "No wait."

I stopped and turned around not wanting to be rude and also wondering what he wanted to say.

"You're right, it is none of my business. Let's start over." He raised his hand for me to shake it. "I'm Harry." I hesitantly for a moment, wondering if he was serious. Eventually I grabbed his hand and shook it. "Isa."

"Nice to meet you Isa. May I ask you something?” I just gave him a slight nod that he could.

“Where are you from? You don't have a Danish accent." It wasn’t the question that I had expected.

"I'm Dutch, I moved here to study. How come you're here, as it is obvious that you’re English."

He let out a chuckle before answering. "A Danish friend of mine invited me to visit him. That’s why."

“But why do you study in Denmark, I heard that the Dutch university’s are quite good.”

I explained to him that I had already completed a bachelor in the Netherlands and that it was very expensive when you wanted to do a second study. Whereas here in Denmark it was free.

We talked some more and until I realized that I had completely forgotten about Maija waiting for her coffee.

"I’m sorry, but my friend has been waiting for her coffee so I have to leave." I apologized. I had liked talking to him to my surprise and I didn't want to leave just yet but I also had to get back to Maija.

"Okay, well I had a great time talking to you." He said with a smile. "Yeah me too." It just stayed quiet for a minute, we both didn't say anything as we didn't want to say good bye yet. Finally he turned around after a small bye, I felt disappointment run through me as he walked to the door but it soon vanished when he turned around before he reached it. "That friend of mine I'm staying with. He owns this night club, well we're going tonight, maybe you would like to come, I'll put you on the guest list then." A smile formed on my lips. "Yeah sure, I'll come. See you tonight."

"Took you long enough." Maija complained when I finally reached the booth she was seated in.

I had a big smile that adorned my face and she noticed. "What are you looking so happy for."

I placed both our coffee's on the table before taking the seat across from her. "You know the guy from this morning."

She looked at me puzzled. "What guy?"

I groaned annoyed that she didn't know what I was talking about. She could be so forgetful. "The guy from the book." I lowered my voice a little as I was still a little embarrassed about what happened.

Her face lightened up realizing what I was talking about.

"Well I just ran across him when I ordered the coffee” I said while the smile got even brighter.

“And?”

“And we talked a little and he asked me to come to this club tonight."

Maija started squalling. "Oh my god, that's great. You're finally getting some."

"Shut up." I said while concisely looking around me to see if someone heard her, but the few people there didn't pay attention to us.

She sat on the tip of the couch as she was so excited. "I'm so totally coming tonight."

"I don't even know if I'm going." I answered her and it was true, I didn't know if I was going. He was just some guy, I had seen twice who asked me to go to some club. He was probably just trying to get in to my pants.

But on the other hand I also really wanted to go he was really cute and I had a great time talking to him.

"Which club is he going." Maija interrupted my stream of thoughts.

"Mystique? I never heard of it."

"Of course you haven't heard of it. It's one of the most exclusive clubs in the city, not really a place where lot's of students come. They are expensive as hell and they have a tight door policy."

Maija was right I wouldn’t have known this club, I would never go to a place with a door policy it would be to embarrassing when you were denied.

I Started to doubt even more of I should go. Maija saw my face and knew what I was thinking.

"Honey, don't worry you're hot, you'll definitely get in."

"Are you sure?" I asked her self consciously.

I had always been uncertain of myself. I knew that I wasn't ugly but I wasn't really beautiful or anything.

I decided for myself that I wouldn’t go as I was too afraid that I wouldn't be let in when I realized something.

"Wait he said that he put me on the guest list."

Maija looked surprised. "He can put you on the guest list, does he own the place or something?"

"No he doesn't, his friend does." Maija's face lightened up like a Christmas tree on Christmas morning.

"Good, now we're definitely going."