Niall's Princess

The Flight

I ran upstairs to change into something other than my pyjamas, dragged the case out from the built-in wardrobe and launched it onto the bed. I flew over to the wardrobe and threw in any clothes I could get my hands on. Fear and panic where rising up inside of me more than any emotion had ever risen up inside of me. Nothing had ever worried me this much. It was painful at how much worry I was expressing. I was on the verge of a break down. Tears where running down my face, just thinking of Niall. I felt so selfish at the fact I was so scared and so hesitant to get on that flight, but it was making me panic even more. I was almost relieved to have a break from scurrying around the room trying to fit everything into the case and make sure everything was packed.
'Hello?' I choked.
'Have you thought about it?' Harry's voice sounded a mixture of sensitive yet stern.
'Yes! I'm just throwing together a case. We've booked tickets for the next flight to New Zeland. We have three and a half hours. Tom's gone to get a case packed then he's coming back here to get us both to the airport,' I reeled.
'Tom's coming as well?'
'You don't seriously expect me to get through this alone!' I exclaimed.
'No! Of course not! I was just asking. I'll let you get back to packing. Thank you.'
'For what?'
'For being an amazing girlfriend to Niall. We're always telling you that you're so lucky, when in reality, he's just as lucky. I'll see you soon.'
'Yeah, you will.'

Soon enough my case was packed, I was dressed and looked acceptable. There was a knock on the door.
'Where's your case?'
'In the car, I wasn't going to get it out the car just to come to the doorstep. Give me your case and then grab whatever else you need, like your bag. Then get in the car. I'll wait there for you,' and Tom hauled my case to the car. I grabbed my keys off the hooks by the door, my phone, my charger and purse and threw them into my bag before running out of the door to the car. Niall and I lived quite a while away from the airport, so it was important we got going as soon as we could so the flight was not missed - and considering we also had to go through customs, things where not looking good.
'Come on Tom! We only have just over two hours, and it's going to take another twenty minutes to get there!' I whined.
'I can't help the traffic, Chloe! I can only move as fast as the London traffic does and, unfortunately, that's not very fast at all!' he was getting frustrated, not only with me, but with himself and with the other drivers. 'Of you fucking piece of shit! Learn how to drive! Stupid woman!' He beeped the horn loudly at a woman who swerved to get in front of us. He continued to curse under his breath. It took longer than expected to get there, so when we did, Tom rushed to the desk to tell them that they had booked last minute tickets a few hours ago. The woman at the desk gave us the tickets we needed and sent us through. We where lucky, as there where not many people wanting to get on a flight at eleven 'o' clock at night. Customs was not easy, as the detectors went off for both of us...for my mobile and earrings and Tom's mobile and watch. After the hold up, everything was okay, and we where alright to board the plane twenty minutes before take off.

My palms where sweating. My voice was numb. I was shaking from head to toe. I felt sick to the stomach and nothing was fine. My head felt crowded. Tom took my clenched hand in his and spoke to me soothingly.
'Calm down. How many times have I gone abroad and been fine? How many times has Niall? Nothings ever happened. The worst that can happen is that you get off the plane and your beautiful hair gets messed up. You're going to be absolutely fine.'
'Tom...I feel sick...I feel like I'm going to throw up.'
'That's just nerves. That's just because you're scared.'
'No! No, Tom, I actually feel like I'm going to be sick!' I said between retches.
'Oh! Okay, um...here you go...There..oh...that's just disgusting...eugh...no thanks...you keep the bag...Do you want a breath mint? No...there you go again...maybe this wasn't such a great idea,' he said, disgusted as I threw up, twice in a row in a bag. He handed me a breath mint and I sucked it, which seemed to make my stomach feel more stable. It was soon time to take off. Tom held my hand and I gripped it tightly. The plane started to move, and Tom started singing one of my favourite songs to me quietly in my ear. I felt sick and dizzy. I also felt weak. My head was swimming, I couldn't move and then suddenly - nothing.

I opened my eyes and found that I was slumped in Tom's lap, I couldn't remember much of the take off. I sat up slowly and steadily. The sight I saw out of the window was glorious. Miles and miles of sky - little bits of cloud...it looked like a sort of heaven. The way that the sun beams shone through the gaps and reflected off he shimmering water looked wondrous.
'You okay?' came Tom's voice, sounding very distance.
'What happened? We were just taking off and now where here...' I was confused.
'Oh right. You kind of passed out, threw up on me, which is why I'm wearing another pair of jeans, because I had to change them. Then you kind of just went out. You weren't sleeping, but you can't have fainted because no body ever stays down that long when they faint. I think you were unconscious,' Tom explained.
'Told you I'm not good on planes.'
I guessed that we where about two hours into the flight, which meant we had about twenty-two hours left. My ears where popping but I was a lot calmer than I had expected myself to be. I decided to just put my ear plugs in and sleep for as much of the journey as possible. Though, it wasn't easy. Horrific thoughts of Niall in a hospital bed filled my mind, and in my dreams, Niall was there frail and broken, and when he woke up, he couldn't remember me, and he never did. He didn't want to go near me. I was made to go back home, and Niall got on with his life. Found a new girl. He married her and had a child with her. It was hard to wake from the dream - or nightmare.
'Chloe, come on, wake up honey. You've been asleep a long time now. Come on. I got you a sandwich off the flight attendant. And a drink, come on, sweetie. Wake up. You don't want to sleep for too long. We'll be there in a while, and you can go back to sleep after but you have been sick three times and you've been asleep for almost eight hours. You need to eat something, then you can sleep as much as you want.'
I slowly woke and took the stuff Tom had bought. It took me a while to eat, but I did feel less ill when I'd finished.
'Tom?'
'Yeah?'
'Do you think he'll be okay?'
'Who? Niall?'
'Yeah.'
'I think so. He'll get through it.'
'But what if he doesn't remember me? What if he never does?'
'Of course he'll remember you!'
'But what if he doesn't? What if I'll be there and he'll ask who I am, and when I explain, what if he says 'I don't have a girlfriend'?'
'He won't say that. If he doesn't remember you immediately, it won't matter. He'll remember you in time. No more if's and but's. It's just going to make you worry more. You don't want that. Everything is going to be fine.'
At that, there was no more conversation on the subject, even though I was extremely worried about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
We'll see Niall soon! Probably in the next chapter. Sorry for depriving you of 1D for soo long ;) x