Status: Going for as long as we can. MaddisonFTW is being slow!!!!!!

Is It Killing You Like It's Killing Me?

I am finding out that maybe I was wrong.

Grace’s P.O.V

I laid on the floor in utter darkness. The floor was cold and uncomfortable but I couldn’t bear being in my own room anymore. I was too scared to lay on my own in the dark. I needed Jessica’s protection.

Jessica was my twin. She always protected me when I was in danger. She is my role model and I love her.

Our mother was a big movie hot-shot so she had to travel to distant places, leaving us with our father. In consequence we were left behind as our dad drank his emotions and expressed them through causing Jessica and I pain. The pain I was always scared of. The pain that Jessica could handle, or so she said.

Jessica and I are non-identical twins though some traits are the same. Jessica has long,vibrant ginger hair and I have long, curly golden hair. My twin was beautiful, even when she had bruises covering her body. Jessica was 10 minutes older than me and will never ever let me live it down.

I couldn’t sleep. The thought of my dad walking in any second scared the hell out of me. I kept envisioning it in my mind. Him stumbling through the door sensing that I was awake. Falling over until he finally reached my body or Jessica’s mattress and allowing himself to extend his hand and slap me vigorously around my already red cheeks.

Jessica didn’t seem to care about that. She didn’t seem to care that any second our drunken, abusive father would walk in and could cause new bruises to appear on her already tender body. She was brave and that’s what I admired about my twin. My best friend.

“Jessica” I whisper softly. All I heard were her faded snores coming from the other side of the room. I wanted her to be awake so I could talk to her and let her tell me everything was going to be okay, like she does every time he caused pain.

I always wondered why he hurt us and never hurt her, our mother. He was as much a part of us as our mother was. I don’t even agree with calling him my father.

The front door slammed shut. I clenched onto my duvet that was laying over me, the only defense I had against him. The stairs creaked with every step he took higher up the house, closer to our room. The light that shone through our room from the staircase was blurred by a figure. There was only one person who that could be. Dad.

I forced my eyes shut even though I wanted to peek to see where abouts he was in the room. I heard Jessica rustle in her duvet on her mattress which was on the opposite side of the room. “Please don’t do this” I said over and over in my head. My heart beat was growing faster and my chest clenched tighter. I was breathing heavily. He could sense that I was awake. His grumbles traveled around the once quiet room. It was quiet before he turned up anyway.

The ice cold floorboard creaked under me, letting me know what direction he was stumbling. That direction was out. I opened my eyes to see his faded silhouette exit the room.

I crawled over to Jessica’s mattress. “Jessica.” I say, softly shaking her body.

“Grace, what is wrong it’s...” She picks up her phone of the floor. “Two in the morning. Did you really have to wake me up?”

“Yes.” I say, almost a whisper.

“Why?” She asks me as she tries to not seem like she is annoyed at me, but we both know she was.

“Dad was just in here.”

“And did he do anything?” I shook my head at her and stared at the floor. “Then go back to sleep. We’ll speak in the morning.” And with that Jessica was curled in a ball in her duvet, turned the other direction so she couldn’t speak to me any more.

I crawled back to the floor where my duvet and pillow laid on the wooden floor of Jessica’s room.

-

In the morning I awoke to an empty room. The breeze blew through the balcony doors. It was obvious what Jessica was doing out there. The smell of cannabis floated into her room. I rose from the floor and walked over to the open door. I leaned against the frame of the door and looked at Jessica, watching her smoke whilst she sat at the white table on a garden chair. “If dad ever found out you were doing this.”

Jessica shot round, focusing her eyes on mine. “Dad will never find out, right?” She asks while she was staring me down.

“No, he won’t” I say, tensing up. Jessica hung out with the wrong people in school. I don’t think it actually helped that she was abused as well. It added to the fact that she took drugs. Maybe she just used that as an excuse. It’s what she would tell me and what she would tell Chase.

Chase Stewart is Jessica’s best friend but we all know that the fancy the hell out of each other. When they were in a room together you could cut the sexual tension with a knife. Their other friend was Blake Parker. He was always around our house when Dad was out.
Jessica leant to the side, looking up at the sun. She was already high . “Did Chase give it to you?”

“And why would that matter?”

“I was just asking” I say as I finally begin to relax my body against the door frame once more. She nods at me.

“Get ready little duck. Blake is coming to pick us both up” Jessica says as she finishes her last drag of her spliff.

“Alright.” I nod and then make my way back into the room. Dad had already left for work. It was a surprise he had a job. Then again, he needed the money to pay for the alcohol. The alcohol that drove him insane. The liquid that drove him to hurt his little girls.

I picked up a pair of worn out jeans that started off as a shade of blue but were now a shade of grey. I also picked up a thin black long sleeved top from my wardrobe and made my way into the bathroom. The cold water hit my face as I looked into the mirror. I dried it and then began to wash the rest of my body making sure that I didn’t hit or knock any bruises or cuts so I wouldn’t be thrown into pain. I stood for a while, examining my body. Bruises and cuts all over it. I was weak. Too weak.

My body repulsed me. The man that made me like this repulsed me also. How could you do that to your own daughter? It’s not human. Well, he was never one to have human emotions anyway.

No one knew about what went on with Jessica and I. Only Jessica, myself and dad knew what went on when our mother was gone.

I slipped on clean underwear along with my skinny jeans and long sleeved top. I examined my body once more making sure that everything was covered. They weren’t. I just simply placed a sweatshirt on and made my way back to Jessica.

This was as ready as I will ever be.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is the first chapter! Please comment and tell me how you feel about this story. I hope you guys enjoyed it! Co-written so not sure when the next one will be on.