This Disease Infects Us All

Chapter Three

A couple of months past, and I forgot all about my parents threat to get me exorcised. I assumed that they'd been joking, although I never told Connor and Juliet about it. My shitty home life was far to personal, and I let them think that my parents were as nice as anybody elses. We became great friends, although I still didn't ever chance upon Cathleen, as she had had problems at schools and now attending a boarding school, and whilst I could tell they found it odd that I never had them back to mine, there were no problems with our friendship. They disapproved of my smoking, and the amount I drank, but they didn't know about the other things I did, what I had hidden in my room, and my self-destructive nature became something we just didn't talk about. Life went on as normal: I wasn't exactly happy, but I wasn't drowning in sorry either. Until, one day, I came home from school to find my parents waiting for me in the hallway, sick smiles on their faces, and a priest standing by the stairs.

God. Fuck. Where was I? Spinning. Shit. I fall, and cry out. My bruised body did not need THAT. More drink. I raise the bottle to my lips and swallow down the burning liquid. Vodka. It was never my thing, tastes like cleaning fluid to me, but I still gulped it down like there was no tomorrow now. I needed it. I needed to forget. Shit, now I'm on the ground again. Vomit. And now there's someone else here. Voices, I can't be bothered to listen to them. My bottle is pulled out of my hands, and I make a feeble attempt to get it back. "Goddam...give it..." I whine. "Give it back! They...they deserve it. Exorcism. More like 'beat your child to pulp for being gay'-cism." I laugh at my unfunny joke. The voices are getting louder now, someone's picking me up and making me lean on them. Hey, maybe it's a murder who prays on drunk teenagers. Maybe they're going to kill me. Shame. I stumble, almost falling, but the person holds me up. "Fuck.." I hear someone mutter, then the second voice says something about passing out, and then everything goes black.

Oh god. My head. Shit fuck shit fuck shitty shitty shit fuck. I can't think of anything but the pain. And then the nausea hits, and I barely make it to the bathroom before I throw up. I can't remember what happened last night, and now I'm scared. Where am I? There's a couple of pills on the bedside table that look like aspirin, but I daren't take them. Who knows what they could be? I study my surroundings, experiencing a strange sense of déjà vu for a couple of minuets before I realize where I am. Connor's guest room. Well, at least I know that those pills are aspirin now, and I quickly gulp them down, not even bothering with the glass of water sitting next to them. What the fuck am I doing here? I try to think back to what happened last night, but I can't remember anything from when I ran into a Off Licence to buy the cheapest booze they could find. How did I end up at Connor's? Just as I'm wondering this, the door opens and his mum steps in quietly.
"Eliza?" She smiles when she sees I'm awake. "How are you feeling?"
"Like shit." I answer truthfully. "What happened last night?"
"I'm not sure. Connor and Juliet found you stumbling around in the park drunk, so they took you back here."
Oh fuck. I can feel the redness on my face, announcing to the whole world just how stupid I am.
"I am so sorry. Fuck, how embarrassing." I run my hand through my hair. "Thank you so much for taking me back here. I'm sorry."
"It's fine dear. I'm just glad Connor found you." Mrs. Scott's smile is completely genuine. I love Connor's mum, I love both his parents. They are incredibly kind, loving people, and totally accepting of their daughters sexuality. The exact opposite of mine. "We're having breakfast now. Toast."
To be honest I don't really feel like eating, but I know Mrs. Scott wants to talk with me over breakfast, so I follow her into the kitchen. I'm expecting it to be us two, so when I see Connor staring at me as I enter the room, it's quite a shock.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this was really short so I've just updated this instead of posting a new chapter