Not All Monsters Get Along

Adrian: The Soul Eater Leader

I drove silently to Seth's apartment building and saw Kennedy waiting, her arms crossed over her chest. She circled the car and got into the passenger side.

“Alright, where's this place?” I asked and she grinned. She gave precise directions and we stopped in the warehouse district. I pulled up to one that looked especially run down. It didn't give away anything.
Kennedy stepped out of the car and urged me to do the same. I turned off my car and watched as she unlocked a door. She held it open for me and we walked inside slowly. Kennedy fumbled with something and then the whole place was lit up dimly.

There was nothing out of the ordinary about this place. Old cars were stacked along one wall, large crates on the other.

“This is your soundproof prison?” I asked weakly and she smirked.

“No,” she answered simply and went to a crate. She kicked one aside and under it was a square of metal with a thick lock on it. She crouched, unlocked it, put the lock aside, and pulled it open. She dropped down and I hurried after her. Under the warehouse was a smaller room.

She flicked a lamp on and I could see this room was perfect. Chains hung from the ceiling and there was a crate on one side of the room. It was completely isolated from the outside world.

“What is this place?” I asked her and she blushed.

“I used to bring people here, before I met you. I was experimenting with what I was, and this was the place to do it.”

“This is perfect, Kennedy.”

She beamed and we went back to the car. It was practically all set up. We just needed a pair of handcuffs and we were ready.

“I'll get the handcuffs. You and Seth will get Don when the time is right.” Kennedy bounced in her seat with barely-concealed excitement.

“Just give me the time and I'll have him.”

Soul-Eaters weren't supposed to plot against each other, but this time was different. We're saving him from himself. He'll thank us when the time is right, I thought to myself as I drove Kennedy back to her apartment.