Not All Monsters Get Along

Gordon: The Soul Eater

I wrapped the thick blanket tighter around my body, but the shudders would not go away. Cold sweat made my teeth chatter, even though I felt like I was burning up.

I closed my eyes and groaned.

If you can make it through this, Gordon, you'll be free, a voice said and I opened my eyes a sliver, looking around the room. When I saw no one, I decided I was losing my mind.

I closed my eyes and what felt like a few minutes later, I heard knocking at my door. I groaned and stood up, dragging the blanket with me. I swayed, seeing doubles of everything. I staggered against the wall and tried to wet my dry mouth with my tongue.

I unlocked the door and retreated back to the couch.

“I just- Oh my god, are you okay?” Ivy slammed the door too loudly and hurried over to me. I shook my head.

“Just quiet down,” I muttered and she disappeared again. An hour later- it could have been a few seconds or a few hours, I had no idea at this point- she came back with a wet cloth and dabbed at the sweat on my forehead and face.

“Come on, we need to cool you down,” she whispered and dragged me to my feet.

I staggered to the bathroom with her and she dragged the blanket off with a huff. She started the water, and helped me into the tub. She stood with me, keeping me up, as the water sizzled on my flesh. I closed my eyes and she gripped my chin.

“You need to keep your eyes open, okay?” I nodded and opened them, looking at her through the water. Her hair was soaked, and her white clothes were wet, revealed a matching bra and pantie set that looked black, but could have been any dark color.

“How many did you kill tonight?” I asked, the room swaying around me. She looked away and made the water colder. I moaned at the cold and clenched my jaw. I heard Ivy start to shiver, but she never moved away from the water or me.

“I do what I have to do, Don. Look at what it's doing to you,” she reasoned and I laughed, a bitter and ugly sound.

“How many?” I asked again and she looked down.

“Three.” I laughed that ugly, bitter laugh again and she shoved me against the wall, bringing some sense back into my world.

“Look at yourself, Don! Do you really think I want to end up like you?” Her words hurt and I sank down, turning off the water. She stared at me, dripping wet. I pulled myself to my feet and slipped, crashing out of the tub and onto the floor. I groaned and Ivy simply helped me up and wrapped me in a thick towel.

“I wouldn't want you to end up like this,” I muttered and she blinked. I chuckled at her expression. “I feel like I'm dying. I feel like I'm going completely insane, and everything hurts,” I told her and she shuddered.

“Then why do this to yourself?”

“You saw what I did tonight, Ivy. I killed a guy and-”

“You killed him for me,” she said, and then she wrapped her arms around herself. I opened my arms and she tentatively walked into them. I hugged her tightly, rubbing her back. I froze when she slowly unbuttoned the cheap dress shirt I had thrown on before I left.

“Ivy, what are you doing?”

“You'll warm up faster,” she whispered, and tugged at my tie. I didn't move, just stared over her head as she undressed the both of us. She wrapped her arms around my middle and pressed herself against me. I shuddered and hugged her tighter.

“Ivy, I-”

She kissed my neck, and dug her nails into my back, causing a wave of pleasure to roll through me. I groaned and she drew me forward. She eased onto the bathroom counter, wrapped her legs around my waist, and drew me closer.

Oh dear god, I thought, and braced myself on the mirror, my hand planted above her head as she kissed everywhere but my lips.

I took a chance and pressed our lips together, pushing her back with the force. I pulled back, and her teeth dragged on my bottom lip. I pulled her forward, buried my face in her neck and made a small noise when her hips brushed against mine.

“I can't do this,” I panted and her nails dug into my back again.

“Don't leave, please, I need this,” she panted, and I nodded slowly in the crook of her neck.

She hopped down, and next thing I knew, she was under me, her back leaving an imprint in my bed.

She moaned and breathed heavily as I pushed further into her. She pulled my lips to hers and I felt just another piece of me be consumed by her. I parted my lips and tasted her mouth with my tongue as she drank in my being. She had no control and I had lost control the moment she drew me in. I deepened the kiss as I slowed my rhythm. She breathed in more of my soul, and then broke away, apologizing. I shook my head.

“Don't apologize,” I breathed, and went back to kissing her, this time taking bits and pieces of her. We played this tug-o'-war with our souls until we were both satisfied and spent. I rolled off of her, and covered my face.

“Dear god, that just happened,” I panted and she chuckled.

“Your fever is gone,” she purred and laid her head on my chest. “I read somewhere that sex can help a fever.” I looked down at her.

“So that all happened so you could help my fever?” I quirked an eyebrow. She blushed.

“Of course not.” She crawled up and kissed me hard, her tongue flicking against mine. I moaned, and pressed back against her. She gripped my face tightly and breathed a soul into me. When she pulled back, I felt light and airy.

“Why did you do that?” I asked, the room spinning.

“I was returning the favor,” she chirped and ran a hand through my hair.