Not All Monsters Get Along

Adrian: The Soul Eater Leader

The microwave 'dinged' and I removed my plate of breakfast: precooked scrambled eggs, several strips of fried human flesh, a biscuit drowning in butter, and a tongue. All of it would be washed down with a glass of iced tea.

I sat down at my too-big dining room table and flipped to the news. The newswoman was ranting about the disappearances and murders rising in the city. I snorted and ate a pile of eggs on top of a slice of meat.

As I was chewing the last bit of boot, my cell phone rang for what seemed to be the tenth time. I answered, finishing my food.

“She's all cleaned up,” the voice on the other end told me. I grinned.

“Good. The monster will be in your account within the hour. Thank you, Rufio. For a little extra, want to get me a pair of reenforced handcuffs?”

“Sure man,” he said, knowing better than to ask questions.

“If you can drop them off in the regular drop-ff place in about an hour, that's be great.” I took my place to the sink and rinsed off the remaining crumbs.

“No problem.” He hung up and I called Kennedy with the news.

“Hello,” she greeted and I smiled. I was more proud of her than my own son. She was everything a Soul-Eater should be.

“The plan takes place tonight. He works until one at some little diner, we'll take him then.” She disagreed.

“I think we should wait until he gets off his second job and goes home. He'll be too exhausted to fight back.” She sounded like she was really looking forward to it.

“Sounds even better. Make sure Ivy isn't there.” Ivy and Gordon had been spending too much time together as of late.

“I'll have Keith and Seth take her out.”

“Good.”

We exchanged more information, making sure all was good to go, then we hung up.
A small part of my felt guilty for acting this way toward my only son, but the other part of me, the bigger part, knew it was for his own good. He would learn or he would die.