Not All Monsters Get Along

Seth: The Soul Eater

I looked back and saw Ivy cuddling with Don. I walked faster, catching up with Adrian, who was walking too fast.

“You wouldn't actually kill him, would you?” I asked quietly, so no one else would hear our conversation.

“It pains me to see him do this himself, Seth. I would be putting him out of his misery,” Adrian hissed and I knew he was still angry, and it was governing his words and actions.

“There has to be a way to get him to be like us,” I argued and he scoffed.

“Not unless we lock him up and force souls down his ungrateful throat,” he growled and I looked back at Kennedy, gesturing for her to get closer.

“Why can't we do that? Let him see what happens after he goes a month without a soul, and then force him to see the light?” Adrian looked at me, and I could see the wheels turning in his head.

“We'll talk about this,” he hissed when he noticed Kennedy walking too close, and I slowed down to walk next to her. She slipped an arm through mine and leaned in close.

“So what's going on?” Her voice was like satin: slippery and cold.

“Spend the night tonight and I'll tell you what's in store for our little rebel,” I whispered back, and she shot a look back at Don. She smiled coldly, and nodded, keeping step with me.