Status: Finished

God Bless the Children of the Beast

Broken and Crue

We were halfway through ’82 already. Nothing of significance really happens in this year, except we all learned how to be rockstars. Broken had finally stayed awake for countless days producing enough songs for our own record, and some months ago we were searched down and signed by Elektra, the same label that had signed Motley only weeks before. They had us co-headlining together in Canada. Broken had a half-glam half-underground look and sound. We played first at around 8pm every venue. Motley would be on an hour later, girls swooning over Vince Neil, Nikki trying to kill himself. Every night ended the same. Bar, bus. The only difference was now we could afford our alcohol. I had to hand it to him, Nikki was right about avoiding hangovers by staying drunk.
One night I was in my usual spot, at a bar, waiting on the Motley boys to join us after their set. Nothing had happened between me and Nikki the entire time we’d been on tour. We were either drunk, playing, or on separate busses. I took a sip of whatever I was drinking, at this point I didn’t even remember what it was called. There was this annoying mirror behind the bar on the wall, and for once I noticed how blue my eyes were. They didn’t burn an icy-pitch color though, they were very dark. If someone were to glance at me, they might be mistaken for brown. But if you knew me well enough, you would notice just how deep of a blue they were. I brushed some black hair out of my face and noticed makeup on my hand. I wiped it on my pants, annoyed, and noticed the song change yet again to some annoying bullshit that was popular up here in this frozen hell. Rocky stood up from two seats over, having had a couple of beers and still able to stand freely. He clapped each of us on the shoulder as he walked by, his usual goodbye. The Motley boys should be coming soon. Rocky always ditched the fun before it really began.
Sure enough, a few minutes later a familiar face came in. Just one though. I looked at the poofy-haired boy curiously, and instinctively he glanced at me before the rest of the band. “Where’s the rest of the guys?” I asked Nikki, expecting the frizzy-haired band mates to come in behind him as usual. He beamed the brightest smile I’ve seen in a while. Then he stared at the other two who were still here, which was odd. “We’re not going to a bar tonight guys.” “What?!” Jake and Austin cooed simultaneously. Nikki busted out with laughter, and tried to catch his breath. He didn’t look at me once. “We’re going to a strip club instead.”
I felt my mouth pop open as I heard Jake yell in joy. They stood up to leave and I immediately stopped them. “You’re not leaving me here.” I spat angrily. “Um…you’re not going to a club with us Sami.” Austin said lightly, probably afraid I would knock the shit out of him. I would if Jake weren’t standing in my way. “Like hell I’m not.” I said. They stared at me in disbelief. Nikki threw his arm lazily across my shoulder. “Ah, let her come guys. She’ll be fine.” “Whatever.” Jake said nonchalantly. I saw a flash of something in his eyes, but it disappeared faster than I thought it was there. Before I could say anything else Nikki was ushering us out the door. The club was just up the street, and Vince and Tommy were outside waiting. “Sami?” Vince asked, a little surprised. “Can it.” I growled at the blonde. He did as I said and kept his mouth shut. “Hell yeah, bringin a girl to a club this has got to be good!” Tommy cheered, heading in. We all followed.
I was immediately rushed with the scents of various perfumes and some very bass-filled music. The place was poorly lit and seemed to be drowned in reds, pinks, and leopard-prints. On one side I saw a small bar, and on the other was a pole and runway. I saw Vince’s face light up like a child’s. Tommy was already smiling. I felt like banging my head on a wall. Guys. Once I observed the club I noticed the people there. Women, tons of women, all half-dressed and done up like porcelain dolls. Men, crawling around and drooling at everything they saw. Women on the stage. Money all over the walkway. Glitter on the floor. The place was disgusting, in my mind at least, but I wasn’t one to be intimidated.
All of the guys automatically made a B-line for the stage. I followed as they pushed their way to the front, ignoring moans of hypnotized men that had been there first. Vince was in no way trying to hide his excitement as a girl took a ten from him and smushed it between her giant breasts. You could see his eyes popping out of his head. I was standing beside Nikki and Jake, who were equally as excited. I noticed several of the girls both onstage and off giving me curious glances. I felt like flipping off all of them. Women were dancing and shaking and doing things I never could have imagined as the music pulsed into my intoxicated brain. One girl came up and grabbed Nikki by the bandana around his neck, giving him a sexual stare. He fidgeted nervously and held up some Canadian money, which she grabbed with her teeth before slinking away, shaking her ass the whole time.
Suddenly I was jealous. Insanely and angrily jealous. Now he too looked like a boy in a candy store. First nervous, don’t touch anything. Then wanting more after he had a taste. Another girl had just left Jake. They were starting to figure out that these boys had money, and they were taking full advantage of it. I watched one leave Austin, who looked somewhat scared, and come over to kneel in front of me. “Why are you here?” She asked. I glared back at her. “What’s it matter?” “I’ve been watching you,” she said, her voice low and sweet by habit and glitter radiating off her shiny lips, “you obviously don’t belong here.” “No, but I’m here anyway. What is your point?” I said, trying not to appear pissed. “Is that your boyfriend?” She asked in a bitchy voice, motioning to Nikki. He didn’t even notice the gesture, for he was currently intoxicated by a brunette who was dancing for him. “No.” I said. She nodded happily. “Then you won’t mind my taking my turn with him.” I kept my fist firmly at my side and said nothing. She tilted her head slightly, her beach-blonde curls bouncing. “He’s kinda cute you know.” She said, eyes sparkling. She narrowed her perfectly plucked eyebrows and smiled at me. “No wonder he won’t date you, you look just like they do. Half-girl and all metal.” With that she stood up and danced around her friends, waiting for the brunette to leave Nikki, who was feeding the girl dollars by the dozen. I was fuming. How dare she? I didn’t need to be a slut to get attention! Jake was giggling beside me, a bright red lip-stain on his cheek and a girl twirling away from him. He laughed and seemed to notice me for the first time. “Man, why don’t you do that Sam?” He joked.
“What if I can?!” I yelled at him. His expression turned blank as he stared at me. “What?” He asked. I saw Austin watching us from behind him. I glared at the boy, suddenly enraged at the entire gender. I angrily pulled my shirt off and jumped on the stage, throwing the garment in his face. I could be sexier in a bra and leather pants than all of these sluts in panties could. The couple of girls immediately next to me looked in shock as I joined them. I looked down and saw Nikki notice me as well. Good. He didn’t need to be watching them anymore. I followed the beat of the music as I copied their dances flawlessly. A few even stopped to watch me. I took possession of their pole and smirked at them as they watched on in shock. Luckily I was forced to take gymnastics as a kid, so poles were nothing new to me. Well, maybe using them for this reason was. It wasn’t long before I had the attention of the rest of the bands, and every other guy in the place. I saw Nikki scope out the room and his expression suddenly change.
Was that jealousy I saw in his eyes? The same one I had felt towards him? I stepped lightly on my feet and started down the runway, staring in his eyes as he stared at mine. I reached the end and we continued the stare down. I lightly dropped to my knees so we were eye level. To my surprise he pulled me right off the stage. I wrapped my arms around him, afraid he would drop me, as he held my legs firmly around him and walked away. I could feel stares burning into us. Luckily as soon as I was out of the picture the other girls resumed their routines and the attention was soon off of us. “Where are we going?” I demanded quietly, my face buried in his sweaty hair. I could tell he was smirking from the tone of his voice. “Ah, I forgot to mention it didn’t I? We were smart enough to pre-rent rooms ahead of time just in case…and you’re my catch of the night.” I heard a door shut and pulled my head back, staring at him once again. “You can’t be serious.” I said. The smirk was plastered on his face, and I knew he was.
He leaned against the wall, and I noticed how dark it was in the room. I single red lamp in the corner illuminated the walls and not much more. “Were you jealous?” I asked. I couldn’t resist. “Were you?” He asked with a laugh. I didn’t say anything. He smiled at me. “I’m not the one who jumped onstage.” He pointed out. He kissed me before I could think of a comeback. I felt a little of his face-paint rub off on me. He held onto me tightly, breaking the connection between our lips and starting down my neck. “…Nikki.” I sighed, my grip around his neck loosening. “Will you be my catch tonight?” He breathed against my skin without stopping. My hand slipped down his chest, pulling up the bottom of his skin-tight shirt. He took his mouth off me long enough for me to get it off and that’s all. He supported me with one hand while the other found its way up my back. Once that barrier was removed he dropped me onto the small silky piece of furniture in the corner, and the rest is history…
Much later that night we emerged, luckily I was smart enough to claim my bra immediately after this time, and nobody seemed to notice. Tommy and Vince were missing, Jake was still at the runway, and Austin was at the bar. Nikki and I sat at the other end of the bar, he now the shirtless one since he was gracious enough to lend me his shirt, and we got a couple drinks. I noticed a girl come up beside me and realized it was the bitchy blonde. “You’re welcome.” She said with a very diva accent, then walked away. I looked over at Nikki. “What was that about?” He asked. I shrugged. He raised an eyebrow but said no more as his drink arrived. Now I was even more confused. I realize her intention, but sex I could get anytime. Would he ever want something more? Would I ever want something more? Or is this what we would be our whole lives?