Status: Finished

God Bless the Children of the Beast

The end.

Tour dragged on, much too long to include all the details. It was like trying to move time backwards. After that day on the side of the stage, watching them literally kill themselves every time they ran offstage, it broke my heart. I decided to start small and work my way up. I started with my band. I knew I couldn’t get clean by myself, but luckily they were still sane enough to save. After a few weeks of convincing and slowly taking the drugs away, they were free of the shackles Nikki had placed on them before their very first show. Not long after I had even gotten myself off of all the heavy shit and become limited to a few drinks and some weed. I guess that doesn’t even count as a “drug,” but nevertheless I aim to not be doing anything one day.
Then came the hard part. Mr. addiction himself. And I’ll tell you, it wasn’t easy at all. Not after he had gotten so lost in his fantasy world that he even ignored me. In fact, I never did succeed. I failed miserably.
It was a few days before Christmas. Nikki had gotten invited to some party with Slash, and nonchalantly invited me since I wouldn’t let him go anywhere alone. I, now mostly clean, was absolutely disheveled at the thought of him hanging out with those druggies. But he couldn’t be helped. Nothing I said affected him anymore. It’s like I was his pet instead of his girlfriend. Watching him kill himself was harder than watching him lose his love for me.
Anyway, so we went to this party. He got seriously messed up, and I slipped as many pills away from him as I could without him noticing. After a while they decided to head back to Slash’s place. I found the nearest piece of furniture, exhausted and hoping they were done partying. Then I opened my eyes just long enough to see some chick put that damned needle in his arm.
I rushed over and knocked the needle from his body just as his eyes rolled back. I immediately knew it wouldn’t end well. His face suddenly grew very pale, an eerie sight that froze me solid. I sat there holding him, unsure what to do as my sleepless mind raced. I remained frozen like that for the remainder of the events that unfolded afterwards. The messed-up idiots from the party tried reviving him in ridiculous ways, and finally I saw paramedics take him away. I followed numbly. I saw them put him on the stretcher. Saw him being lifted into the ambulance. Saw the sheet go over his head. And I collapsed.