Status: Finished

God Bless the Children of the Beast

Tensions

Broken had been touring since they released the new album. Jake didn’t believe for one second that Crue or Cyanide would break up like Stolas predicted, so he wanted to milk every second of them being on top. Not to mention it helped to keep his mind off of her. He couldn’t believe things had turned out this way. When she left the band he genuinely thought she would come back. He should’ve gotten her away from Nikki Sixx when he had a chance. He should’ve grown up and said something sooner…
He looked out the window of the plane and noticed they were about to land. Jake grabbed his bags and brushed back his long slick hair, putting on his glasses to hide his face at the airport.
The boys stuffed themselves into the limo and headed back to their hangout in L.A. Austin was being childish as usual, carrying on a stoked conversation with Rocky about their last tour and their chart topping singles. Stolas sat alone creepily as usual. He was always brooding, looking like he needed blood on his hands to be satisfied. Sometimes Jake felt the same way lately.
Austin ran straight for the Nintendo when they got back, lounging cross-legged on the floor. “I can’t wait for the Game Boy to come out!” He cooed like a child. Hey, if this is how his money kept him happy, so be it. Jake hit the couch and turned on the other TV. The typical paparazzi news station was on. He vaguely wondered how the other celebs had been doing since he left months ago. The story changed from something about Sammy Hagar to some pregnant bitch. Great, who was it now?
“That’s right, it’s a girl!” the voice chirped happily. Jake nearly fell off of the couch as he looked at the TV closer. He knew those eyes. He just didn’t recognize her with the rounder stomach. Sami. He suddenly grew very angry. Sixx stole his girl, he could handle that. He even managed to marry her. It was still ok, because if he hurt her Jake could step in. But now…now he made her pregnant? “That stupid drugged up alcoholic perverted useless piece of fuck!” He yelled out loud. There was no way Sixx could handle a family. He would get right back into drugs and fuck up everything. He was going to hurt Sami.
“I should’ve killed him when I had the chance.” Jake growled as he stood up. He noticed the other guys staring at him. “Killed…who?” Austin asked worriedly. Jake made a B-line for the closet and pulled out his pistol, stuffing it in his pants. “Sixx.” He said with a bite in his tone. Rocky ran over and grabbed his arm. “Don’t do something stupid man!” Jake shoved him off and walked out, slamming the door behind him.
“Dammit!” Rocky swore, defeated. Stolas suddenly stirred. “I’ll go stop him.” He said, following Jake out the door. Austin stared after him, wondering if he had been wrong about his personality after these years. Still, he felt very uneasy. That wasn’t the Jake that was his best friend a decade ago before bands and tours. Rocky was a different man as well. And as for himself…who had he become?
He picked up the phone, hoping the number he needed hadn’t changed.