Status: COMPLETE

If We Should Ever Do This Right

I should ink my skin with your name

Vegas for someone underage, but old enough to realize the advantages of gambling and drinking, was boring.

When the sun went down and the strip rats came out to play with the tourists, anybody under the age of twenty-one was virtually banished to their hotel rooms, left to order room service or watch whatever was on television.

This night would be different for them, the boys itching for something to do, somewhere to go. While all of the girls wanted to enjoy the room, well almost all of the girls.

Carla and Niall had been together for a short time, a whirlwind romance blossoming out of a chance meeting. He had fallen for her instantly, her good heart and spontaneity some of her best qualities. She was also not phased by his celebrity status, not that she didn't know what he was.

What wasn't important though, who was all that mattered. Her intentions had been pure from the beginning, Niall was cute, he seemed sweet and silly, but she wanted to know the real him. Now she could safely say she did, loving every bit of that Irish boy, from the top of his head down to the tips of his toes.

"We should do something crazy," Carla said, balancing the remote on her knees.

"Like what?" He asked, drumming his fingers against his bare stomach.

"Get married at the Little White Wedding chapel."

"Like Britney Spears?"

She nodded, chewing her thumb nail absently. "Except no annulment in seventy-two hours, or however long it was."

He raised an eyebrow at her, shifting to sit up. "You're serious, you aren't just having a laugh?"

She shrugged, nodding her head again as if it were nothing.

"Do you have a white dress?"

"I do," she giggled, noting the irony of her response.

"Okay," he agreed, turning away from her to stand up from the bed. "You get the girls, i'll get the lads."

Her eyes lit up, crawling across the bed to capture his arm. "You're sure, you're one hundred percent sure?"

He cupped her cheek, leaning down to kiss her forehead. "Dead sure," was all he said, pulling away to make a few phone calls.

It was an insane idea, something that could end his career, but the notion of spending his life with someone he loved outweighed any negatives. So what if they were young, they didn't need permission to make a choice.

When the gang, who were more than willing to support this nutty, spontaneous idea, were assembled in the lobby, they wasted no time getting down to the Little White Wedding chapel.


Carla grinned, nibbling on her bottom lip at the happy memory.

"What are you smiling about?" Her maid of honour Maria asked.

"Nothing," she smiled even brighter, the tugging at her red locks not bothering her one bit.

She was too lost in what could have been, the amusing moment something they would tell their children about someday.

Of course they had not gotten married in Vegas, their families would have killed them. But Carla and Niall did make a promise, when they had a moment to spare with his hectic work schedule, they would plan a wedding for everyone to attend. Which was why she sat completely still in front of a mirror, allowing two women to fuss over her hair and skin.

The room was tiny, packing the girls present inside like sardines. Everybody had a job to do while they waited, which made chaos rain down inside of the pine walls. Her mother was running around gathering up each piece Carla would need for her dress, the flower girls were so bored they began to do front flips as if they were a circus act, gaining a scolding from their mother. The three other bridesmaids and Maria were scattered at various stations getting the same treatment as the bride, poking, pulling and pastels.

Everything was running smoothly for them, not a care in the world until one subject came up.

"You haven't texted Niall today right?" Maria asked.

She had been instructed by Carla herself to prevent any contact between then couple, wanting that tradition to stay alive. She didn't care what it took, she just wanted Maria to make it happen.

"You've taken my phone, remember?"

"Are you finding it hard not speaking to him right now?" Another one of the girls asked.

"No, I mean it's weird. We speak every single day even when he's away, so i'm wondering what trouble those boys are getting up to."

She couldn't help but smile, shaking her head as best as she could.

On the other side of the quaint Irish church, the boys were secluded in their own room. Peace was the theme, which would no doubt shock the party in the other room.

They had raised a beer, toasted to the moment at hand and to the future.

"I still can't believe it mate," Harry smiled, shaking his head. "You're getting married."

"Its crazy, am I mad?"

"I think he's got cold feet," Zayn teased.

"Isn't Carla supposed to have cold feet?" Louis asked, joining in.

"Nobody is you idiot," Liam laughed. "You're not mad Niall, madly in love maybe."

"I am definitely that," he chuckled, swigging his beer.

And he was, he wasn't nervous because he knew he was madly in love with the girl he would marry in less than half an hour.

"Hey son, can I have a word with you in private?" His father asked, pulling at either side of his suit jacket.

"Of course, yeah," Niall nodded, following him into a more secluded part of the room.

"Its time for me to impart some wisdom on you my boy."

"You don't have to do that dad."

He scoffed. "Of course I do, what kind of father would I be?"

They both smiled at each other then, his father placing both hands on his son's shoulders.

"Don't let your age become a road block, you're a man now, be a man. I don't have a secret or a trick, just keep her happy, listen and do as she asks. She loves you, that's all you need right now."

"Thanks dad," Niall grinned, nodding again.

"Now give me a hug, i'm sure she's getting the same advice."

As they embraced, his father didn't know how right he was.

With her hair teased and then smoothed into a classic, low bun, the make-up artist put the final touches to bring out the natural glow Carla was sporting.

"We've got to get you in this dress," her mother said almost frantically, pulling the girl out of her chair. "Come on Maria, you've got to help me."

All three women went into the room that was adjacent, a more secluded part of the bridal suite where she could get dressed.

Her dress was strapless, a tight bodice in a sweetheart neckline, adorned in lace and beading. There was a black belt around the section where the top ended and the skirt began, a crystal embellishment giving it a point of interest. The bottom half puffed out like a princess dress, but not too much. She didn't want it to swallow her up entirely, wanting to be seen in it instead of after it.

As her mother handed her the final touches like earrings, the infamous garter belt and her shoes, she glanced at Maria apologetically.

"May we have just a moment?"

"Of course, i'll see you out there."

Nodding, Carla smoothed down the front of her dress. "What do you think?"

"You look beautiful," her mother assured her, wiping away a few stray tears. "He's going to fall over when he sees you honey."

Waving her arms to usher the woman over, she pulled her into a hug.

"Don't you make me cry, i've just spent hours in that damn chair."

"Oh Carla, I can't believe this day has come. I'm so happy and proud."

"Thank you mommy, now do you have any advice for me?" She laughed, pulling back to look at her.

"Honesty, compromise, being able to admit you're wrong and love his flaws honey, they're the best parts."

Another smile came, embracing one another again before they appeared back in the other room.

The bridal party began to applaud, hugging her as they complimented how she looked.

"Sorry to interrupt ladies, but its time," the minister instructed, escorting them into the hallway.

Everyone lined up, Carla's father holding his arm out for her.

"You look beautiful, let's knock em dead."

Each boy lined up at the edge of the alter, Niall taking a deep breath when he heard the music begin.

This was it.

Slowly each girl walked out, making their own line at the alter opposite the boys, until only one remained. She appeared, beaming and looking beautiful, she took his breath away. Her father escorted down the aisle, who gave her away with a kiss to her cheek and a hand shake for her groom.

They said their vows with tears in their eyes, exchanged rings and were pronounced husband and wife.

"You may kiss your bride," the minister grinned.

He didn't hesitate, planting a firm but classy kiss on her lips, brushing his nose against her own so he could get her to giggle, one of his favourite sounds.

"That's the best," he whispered before grabbing her hand, turning to raise it in triumph when they were introduced as Mr. and Mrs. Niall Horan.

Everyone applauded wildly, watching them walk down the aisle, forever changed.

After the standard procedure of taking photographs while the guests enjoyed a snack at the hall, the couple made their grand entrance, immediately kicking the reception off with the first dance.

"You aren't such a horrible dancer," Carla smiled. He had worried he would embarrass himself.

"Oh thanks babe, picking on me already?"

She laughed, slapping his chest lightly. "I love you, flaws and all."

He leaned in and planted a kiss on her lips. "Have I mentioned how beautiful you look?"

"Once or twice," she blushed, sighing happily.

"I love you Carla, i'm so happy we did this. I'm proud to call you my wife."

This took her breath away, snuggling up to him.

They had done it, this was the first day of the rest of their lives, together.
♠ ♠ ♠
i figured i'd take a premise and put a tiny spin on it. i haven't written anything this happy in ages, so it was really fun.

as it says this is for No! Jimmy Protested, she's amazing and you should all check out her stories. i hope you, as well as anybody who reads this enjoys it!