Status: Active

The Protection of a God

The Chains That Bind Me

Once Devon had said goodnight to him, Damien didn’t know what to do with himself. Being confined to this room for the past two hours had almost forced him to Shift, but he knew that his father would detect that as soon as he resurfaced. Instead, Damien spent his time looking around the room and going through the things that furnished where he would be sleeping. He managed to find a notebook with random drawings and scribbled notes that didn’t make sense to him along with a deck of cards that was missing an entire suit.

When he gave up on exploring, Damien tried to get some sleep. Knowing that there was a slim chance he would actually fall asleep he still made an attempt. After a few minutes of having his eyes closed, Damien was feeling heavier and expecting to be pulled into an unconscious state of sleep. Instead he was sucked into a vision, a vision of his past that he recognized after a few moments of being there. It was the night that lead up to him leaving his father and breaking his loyalty to the Underworld.

~~~~~~~

Damien stood there smiling at the girl. Laughing as she struggled against her chains that were made of Rolabadan, a metal only found in the Underworld. It’s sleek, blue look was deceiving, although looking harmless it injected a poison into the mortal’s flesh while she continually tried to break free.
The girl, Damien couldn’t remember her name, was now crying to him, pleading to let her go. He could see himself in the mirror behind her. Eyes ablaze, lit like little suns resting where his eyes should be. His cheekbones sharp and angled, his chin pointed and skin that was deathly pale. And a mouth fixed in a crooked sneer with the tips of pointed teeth peeking out.

Damien stepped forward, the smoky tendrils seething from his palms. With each step towards her, the girl’s screams increased in pitch. Now with his face so close to hers, Damien grazed his thumb across her cheek. Searing her skin as his finger passed. He traced a pattern of a ‘D’ so others would know she was claimed. With a flick of his wrist, the chains of Rolabadan snapped, dropping the girl to the frigid cobblestone floor. Her tears and sobs fed his ego, knowing he did a job well-done.
It wasn’t even a day later that Damien was summoned to his father’s chambers. Being summoned by the sad excuse of a god was what pissed Damien off the most. Hades knew that and still he dared to do so.

“This time you have gone too far, Damienoctus. That girl belonged to the Fifth Realm; you had no right while she still evaded death.” He tried not to cringe when Hades used his birth name in an attempt to scare him. His father was weak and stupid. Why care about the Fifth Realm? Damien kept his head bowed out of false respect, biding his time. His reign would come soon and he didn’t want the pathetic Underworld.

Damien wanted the Fifth Realm and all the mortals that resided there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update...Forgive me?
Sorry it's short too :(
Anyway comment and subscribe please and thank you