Status: Active

The Protection of a God

Making Plans

The mortal in front of him had not moved since he revealed what he had done. Damien stopped circling her and was standing in front of her; waiting for her to say anything.
Her brow was furrowed as she concentrated on some unknown thought.

“So, you can’t die unless I die?” Devon’s voice came out as a whisper.

“In a roundabout way, yes. I don’t really prefer to explain all the bloody details to you. I wouldn’t want you finding a loop hole,” Damien smiled when he finished speaking. Now that the girl knew they were intertwined, he no longer had to play pretend. He didn’t have to fake being scared of his pathetic father or pretend that he was innocent. Damien pretended to be a completely different person when he ‘ran into’ Devon. Now he could be himself again, fangs and all.

~~~~

Devon had closed herself in her room since Damien spoke to her this morning. David wasn’t around so that was one less thing Damien had to worry about as he stalked up the stairs.
Once he had securely shut the door behind him, he walked to the center of his temporary bedroom.

Facing South, Damien closed his eyes and mumbled an incantation that would summon Persephone. After a few moments of silence, Damien opened his eyes. Persephone stood with her back to him as she gazed out the window. Her beautiful chestnut hair hung down her back; folding upon itself to form subtle waves. She was barefoot and she didn’t turn as she spoke to him.

“Do you know how long it has been since I have seen the stars of the earth?” She did not bother letting Damien answer her question; she just continued.

“Neither do I. I can no longer remember how long I have been held captive in the Underworld by your father. Always looking for a way out; hoping to escape.” Damien stood with his hands clasped behind his back; waiting for her to finish.

“Why do you summon me here, child of Hades?” Persephone finally turned to face him. Damien drew in his breath. His father had never allowed him to see this stolen beauty and now he understood why. Her eyes were a lush green; like depths of leaves and moss. Eyes that held pain and ones that were once pure and innocent.

Damien cleared his throat. He would not let her appearance get in his way of the reason he called her up from the Underworld.

“I have a proposition for you. If you help me, I can ensure that you will be able to come and go on the earth as you please. My father shall be no problem for you.”

Persephone looked at him intently; her eyes probing, looking for something.

“And why should I trust you?”

“We have a common enemy. My father,” Damien knew she would accept it was just a matter of words.

“What will you have me do?” Persephone stepped forward to hear what Damien had to say.

“I want you to gain me access to Furies. They owe me a debt and I’m ready to collect.” Damien had a specific plan for the Furies and it was just the first step in his plan to gaining more control. Persephone nodded her head.

“Also, I wish for-” Damien’s second command was cut short by a quick knock at his door. Thankful that he had locked it, he quickly began to send Persephone back.

“Thank you. I was only gone a short time, but it was well worth it. I will do as you wish.” She
stepped forward and placed a kiss on his check. As quick as she had arrived, she disappeared.

Damien turned to the door, unlocked it and swung it open. Standing in front of him was Devon.

“Who was that?” She questioned him as she tried to walk in. It was as she had forgotten that he had threatened her earlier.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, but I suggest you back up before I have to make you,” Damien practically spit at her. Was she crazy?

Damien could hear banging in the kitchen, meaning that David had arrived home; also meaning that he would soon have to start pretending again.

“While you were in here talking to that girl, sound travels through the vents you know, I figured some things out. You can’t hurt me, it will only hurt you. So I suggest you act a little nicer to me.” Devon smiled at him and then turned and walked downstairs to greet her brother.

Damien couldn’t help but smile. The mortal had figured out a cheat in his game.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M BACK!!!! Did you miss me? I bet you did :)

Anyway, as you can probably see I figured out the layout maker. I'm pretty proud of myself.

I also created a character page so go check that out. Let me know what you think.

As always Comment, Subscribe, Recommend.

Please and thank you :)