Status: As active as you make it.

Songs That Change People's Lives

Song #4

“Hold On” by Good Charlotte

No one’s life is perfect. Those imperfections should not make you feel like you are spiraling out of control. I was fourteen years old. Life is supposed to not make sense. One of my friends was thinking about committing suicide. I thought they were kidding only because they have continuously said they were going to. This time seemed to be different. They just lost their mom to cancer, they didn’t have a great relationship with their father, and all seemed lost. When it seemed serious, I was at a lost to what to do. Then this song came on the T.V. I sat there watching the music video and realized what it was all about. I made my friend come over. I was afraid to leave them alone. I made them watch the same music video. When it had ended there were tears in their eyes and they gave me a hug.

Not only did it help my friend realize that it wasn’t over for her and that she had so much to live for, it helped me throughout the years. I have lost friends due to suicide as times went on. I may not have done it myself but I am a survivor. This song has an amazing message and I suggest listening when feeling really down.