Status: Active

Blighted Soul

Chapter 18

The next day we were hanging out in my room when I noticed that he was acting weird. I automatically began to panic. What if he suddenly realized that he didn’t really love me? What would I do if he decided not to be with me?

“What’s going on?” I asked, lacing my fingers through his. We were sitting on my bed.

He hesitated a moment, chewing his lip. “I want to ask a favor from you.”

I pecked his cheek. “Anything you want.”

He let out a sigh. “My parents want to have dinner together, as a family. I think they want to apologize for not really being there.”

“That’s great,” I said, because I thought it truly was. I knew the importance of family better than anyone. “So what do you want me to do?”

“Come with me,” he said in an anxious voice. “I don’t want to be alone when they start going at each other’s throats—which they will. If I have you there, it’ll make all the difference.”

My stomach turned slightly. “I don’t know,” I said unsurely. “Won’t I be imposing? I mean, don’t they want to be alone with you?”

He brought our conjoined hands up to his mouth and kissed the back of my hand. “To be honest, I don’t care what they want. Plus, I would love for them to meet my boyfriend.”

I couldn’t help but blush and bow my head at this. Although it was quite obvious what I was to him, he’d never said it aloud. His finger crept to the underside of my chin, coaxing my head up. My eyes caught his before pressing our lips together.

“So will you come?” He asked hopefully against my lips.

I let out a small giggle. “Okay.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So next chapter ought to be interesting. You get to meet Caleb's parents.
Thank you for all the comments! (:

matthuee.
Ace Lightning.
Let's Not Be Hasty
woahohdanielle
Wonderlust
Tommy Defendi.
LaRawra!
Josh Cutlip.