Status: Active

Blighted Soul

Chapter 6

The sound of knuckles against glass resounded throughout my room. Smiling slightly to myself, I got up and walked over to the window. I pulled the curtains back and saw none other than Jamie, my favorite supplier. I pulled the window open and stepped back while he climbed in.

“Hey, Sugar,” he said with a grin. He slid his arms around my waist, pulling me against him. He pressed his lips against mine, but I didn’t return the pressure. Taking note of this, he retracted his arms from around me and took a step back, rolling his eyes. Jamie always wanted a relationship with me, but he knew I would never go for it.

“I take it you didn’t call me here for a good time,” he said disdainfully.

“On the contrary,” I said, taking a seat on the end of my bed, “we can have all the fun we want after you’ve given me my drugs.”

He sighed loudly before digging around in his pocket. When his hand resurfaced, it was holding a small plastic baggie of white pills. He held it in front of me with a frown on his face. “You know I’m going to stop selling this shit, right?”

“Why’s that?” I asked in a slightly bored tone, taking the pills from him.

“Because this shit isn’t right, Evan. You’re just a kid.”

“Some drug dealer you are,” I said derisively, “You should be encouraging me to buy drugs from you.”

He looked up at me with those brown eyes of his and suddenly he had this sad, sad look in his eyes.
He reached out with a hand and touched my face. “You know I don’t want this for you.”

I brushed his hand off. “Just stop it, okay?” I said sternly. “Don’t worry about what I do. I’ll be fine.”

That was a blatant lie. I’d long accepted the fact that I would either overdose one day or end up offing myself. But Jamie just kept looking at me as if he could see right through my tough act.

“Stop looking at me like that, Jamie.” I said. He sighed and shrugged.

“Fine,” he said, “how about that fun you were talking about?”

Smiling, I pulled him on top of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? (: