About a Girl

Boners and BBQ

I woke up the next morning to something poking me in the head. It was really hard and it was annoying the fuck out of me. I moved out my hand trying to smack it away. In return I heard a moan. My eyes immediately opened and I saw that I was laying on Erik's lap. Right next to his morning wood.

"Holy fu-," I didn't finish my sentence because in my state of panic I managed to fall to the floor of the van and hit my head against the center console. You know, that storage thing between the front two seats.

"What's wrong," I heard Alex yell from the front seat.

I didn't pay attention to him. I was too busy staring at Erik's little, no big problem. Who was now giving me a smirk. "I knew you wanted me, but you couldn't wait till we were somewhere private."

I couldn't answer. I was still shocked about what just happened.

"You act like you've seen a guy hard before," Erik joked.

I looked up at Erik and I couldn't help but blush.

"Holy shit! You've never seen a guy hard before have you," he said grinning.

I could only blush harder. It felt like someone stitched my lips together.

"You know," he smirked, "I could teach you a few things."

That's when I heard the breaks screech and everyone was pushed forward. Everyone woke up yelling.

"What the fuck man, you trying to kill us," Bo screamed from the back.

"Why don't you all shut up," Emil screamed.

Alex ignored everyone's protest. Instead, he looked towards Erik and I. "You," he pointed at Erik, "In the back with the equipment."

"C'mon man I-," Erik tried to protest.

"IN THE BACK," Alex yelled at Erik.

"Fine,'' he grumbled as he made his way out of the van and went towards the back.

I felt bad. I didn't mean to get Erik thrown to the back. I was just shocked and didn't know what to do. Alex must have noticed I was feeling bad. "Don't feel bad. By the time we get to the venue he'll be back to his old self."

I just nodded my head. I noticed everyone had fallen asleep again.

"Comfortable down there?'' Alex joked.

I didn't even realize I was still on the ground. I looked up at him and joked, "Yeah, it's warmer and cozy."

"You should have said you were cold. There are plenty of blankets in the back," he laughed.

"Why are we still driving. Austin is really only two hours away."

Alex began blushing. It was funny the way he blushed. "Uh, I got kind of lost, so I parked at some abandoned gas station and slept for a few hours. We're in Austin now, but I can't find the venue."

"What's the name of the venue?"

"East Emos?" he said a little unsure.

"Oh, I know where that is."

"Really!?"

"Yeah, it's where I first saw Children of Bodom and Nightwish!" I said excitedly.

"Cool. Mind giving directions."

After 30 minutes of giving directions we finally arrived at the venue. East Emos reminded me of a bigger version of Zombies. A bar/venue for freaks. It was real sunny in Austin, but not as hot as San Antonio. God was it always so hot in San Antonio, especially in the summer. So the 90 degree weather in Austin was nice compared to the 100 degree weather in San Antonio. Alex was now in the process of waking the others.

"Wake up you lazy fucks," he yelled. "The sooner we get the gear out of the back the sooner we can go eat."

There was a string of obscenities yelled at Alex, but everyone got up and began stretching when they left the van.

"Christ it's hot," Bo said to no one in particular.

"It's Texas, get used to it," I shrugged.

He laughed before patting my head. I made a noise of annoyance before he went with the others to start unpacking. I felt stupid just standing there, so I went over to Alex and asked if there was anything I could do.

"Yeah, you can help Astrid and Flip set up the merch inside the venue."

I nodded before making my way over to the girls to help. There was six boxes, so we each took two and went inside the venue. There was already three tables set up and each table had a paper with the bands names on it. It wasn't until now that I noticed I didn't even know what their band name was. "Vintage Arsenic,'' I read.

"Like it," Flip asked as she set the boxes down on the table. I set my boxes down down too.

"Yeah. It's...different."

After unpacking the boxes we finally went out to see all the guys still outside having a cigarette. They were all sitting against the wall of the building. "At least they got all the stuff out of the van," Astrid muttered before making her way towards Alex and sitting in his lap. Flip also made her way towards Bo, leaving me standing there all alone like an idiot.

"Sit," Erik said motioning to his lap. I shook my head laughing as I sat between him and Emil. I guess Alex was right, but I still felt awkward."Want one," he said offering me a cigarette. I nodded my head eagerly before he handed me one and I lit up. I smiled as I felt the nicotine calm my nerves. We all sat there smoking, making small conversation before Alex called to me.

"Chelsea, you've been in Austin before, right."

"Yeah," I said a little confused.

"Know any good places to eat."

"Uh," I tried thinking. It was hard to concentrate when they were all staring at me. "What are y'all in the mood for."

"This is Texas right, let's get some BBQ."

I laughed at him. "There's this place called Sam's BBQ. They have some decent BBQ and it's really close by."

"Know the way?"

I nodded my head.

"Okay, I'll go ask the other bands if they want to come."