Goodbye Reckless

eleven

"So what are you going to do now?" Mike asked handing me a cup of black coffee before sitting down on the sofa.

An emergency meeting had been called and twenty minutes after Andy having called William there were six more people crowding in my tiny apartment.

Mike and Sisky were sprawled out on the couch, Michael and Will were sat in the arm chairs and Ryan and Eva were sat very close to each other on the carpeted floor holding hands, which despite the current situation made me smile.

"I have no idea, but one thing is for sure: I'm still coming to Tokyo with you guys," I said determinedly.

Andy breathed an audible sigh of relief, which made me smile.

"The guy from the German embassy said it could take them up to three days to sort out visitation rights, by then we'd be in Tokyo anyway. They're hoping to get dad out in two to three weeks, by which time you'd only just be leaving for Australia."

"I still can't believe dad did that," Ryan said chuckling.

"Neither can I," I said taking a sip of my coffee. "Not got anything stronger?" I asked looking up at Mike with a grin.

"Not right now I don't," he said with a laugh.

- - -

"Well that's sorted," Andy said happily as he replaced the phone on the cradle.

Despite having just spent over three hours on the phone to the German ambassador in Japan Andy was in high spirits, something that was not necessarily uncommon for him, but considering the circumstances it was rather a surprise.

"We've got visitation rights for your father, it's only your soon to be step-mother's visits that could be difficult because technically you aren't related yet."

Andy sat down next to me with a happy plop and wrapped his arms around me.

"Don't look so worried, you're dad is apparently in a very comfy cell and we're flying out in three days, it'll all work out just fine you'll see," Andy promised me, kissing my gently on the cheek.

"You better be right mister or I'm flying back home," I said jokingly and made myself comfortable in his arms.

- - -

"Tickets? Passports? Carden where is your goddamn passport?"

For once it as not me stressing out.

The Academy Is… Tony the tour manager, Ryan, Eva and myself were all at present in the departure lounge in O'Hare International Airport, attempting to get onto our flight to Tokyo. However Sisky was proving to crack under the travel stress.

I pulled the hood of my purple Boys Like Girls hoodie over my already flat hair, and slipped my sunglasses on my nose as an attempt to hide the bags that had been forming under my eyes from the past three nights on sleeplessness.

I had spent far too much time worrying about my father. From what I heard on CNN Japanese prisons were not the most comfortable of places, with prisoners often having their organs taken out whilst waiting around and all those pleasant things.

Andy who had been attempting to calm Sisky down, walked over towards me and handed me a cup of steaming Starbucks coffee.

"Nearly there," Andy said all chipper.

"We're not even on the plane yet," I pointed out. "And we won't be any time soon if Sisky doesn't stop hyperventilating."

Andy smiled his charming smile again.

"I don't like this stressed Amina," he said with a laugh. "Don’t worry about your Dad, they're working on getting him out as we speak."

"Knowing him he'll still do something stupid whilst stuck in his cell," I said bitterly and took a grateful sip from my coffee.

"Always the optimist aren't you? Come let's board. Mike had his passport in his back pocket all along," Sisky said with a grin and took a firm hold of my hand as we walked towards the boarding gate.

With that we took one more step towards mayhem and something that can only be described as total pandemonium.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback?
I'm totally in love with this story I'll try drag it out for a bit.
xxx