Goodbye Reckless

twelve

"A little excessive for prison don't you think?" Andy asked with a grin and pointed at my outfit.

"If there's anything I've learnt from the long string of stepmothers, Beatrice not included, it's you should never look anything less than your best," I said triumphantly as I wrestled with my leather jacket.

My current outfit existed of a long bright blue t-shirt dress over black leggings, and some peep toe heels in the same blue as the dress. The vintage black leather jacket was the final touch.

It was day two The Academy Is… stay in Japan and with that it was also the first day that I had been allowed to visit my father. So in the morning before the evening show Andy accompanied me to visit my father.

As we were sitting in a taxi on the way to where ever this prison was, a bout of emotions tore through me. I wanted to see my father, but at the same time I would have quite happily left him in prison where he could do no further damage. However my scruples of Japanese prisons still remained firmly rooted in me, and my fathers attitudes to sanitation made clear that he could not survive more than a week in such a place.

Andy seemed to feel the confused vibes that radiated off me; as he took my hand and squeezed it supportively.

"It'll be alright you know," he said and kissed me on the check.

"I know," I said with a sigh and rested my head on his bony but at the same time comfortable shoulder.

Half and hour later and we were there.

- - -

"You are such a stupid old man!" I shrieked, refusing, despite the pleas of the startled and confused prison guards, to remain calm.

I was stood outside my father's temporary cell. My hands were defiantly on my hips and I marched angrily up and down the outside length of my father's cell, the echoing sound of my Marc Jacobs peep toe's sounding unsettlingly around the room.

"Amina you need to calm down," my father attempted to reason with me.

"You are in no position to demand anything!" I shrieked back, this time louder than before. "You are in a prison cell smaller than my closet and you are wearing a jumpsuit!"

"It was for a good cause," my father said sulkily.

"Papa this is not the 80's anymore! You can't just go and sail across the Pacific in a dingy and have nothing happen to you! You are a highly regarded publisher and now you're the talk of Chicago! I'm planning on changing my surname!"

I heard the far off rattling and shuffling of a barred door and a few minutes later the half serious, half highly amused face of Andy popped around the cornor.

"Amina honey visiting time's over, we need to go." He said kindly and held his hand out to me.

I took his hand thankfully and shot my father a pitying look.

"We'll be back tomorrow Papa. Don't so anything stupid ja?"

"Do I ever?" He asked with a grin.

"I'm not even going to answer that," I said stubbornly and together with Andy we left the claustrophobic prison block and soon we were back outside breathing in the fresh air which never made it inside the prison block.

- - -

"I can't believe him," I said exasperatedly, wielding my chopsticks about dangerously, almost poking a small Japanese woman sat on the table next to ours in the eye.

Andy and me were having lunch in one of the various sushi bars around Tokyo, in an attempt to calm me down and to discuss what on earth we were going to do next.

"I think this whole situation is highly amusing," Andy said drowning his piece of sushi in Soya sauce. "Not many people can say that their dad was in prison for trying to stop whale hunting from a rubber dingy."

"I don't think many people would want to either," I said defiantly and attempted to pick up a piece of sushi with my chopsticks.

"I think we could have a serious problem though," Andy said doubtfully as he shovelled rice into his mouth in a most unattractive manner.

"What do you mean?" I asked startled, dropping my chopsticks as if they had burnt me.

"I was talking to your Dad's temporary lawyer and the Japanese authorities aren't too keen on letting your dad and Beatrice go right now."

The look of shock and horror that settled on my face must have spoken for itself as Andy instinctively reached across the table and caught of my shaking hand and gave it a tight squeeze.

"Don’t worry I have a plan," Andy said with his signature grin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback makes me write quicker XD
xxx