Goodbye Reckless

six

After two weeks of seeing each other every now and then, at The Academy Is… shows or when the band got together and just hung out or at my sporadic lunch breaks, Andy had rather bashfully asked me if I wanted to go out on a date with him, and a date in the sense of something more decent than the ice cream factory.

Delighted that he finally asked I said yes at once, possibly proving a bit too keen but none the less our date took place.

Andy being the spontaneous one left me on the edge of my seat, as to where he was going to take me.

I was told to meet him outside the park that was three streets away from my apartment, at six in the evening.

So that was where I found myself rather confused, wearing my standard skinny jeans, a green jumper and to Andy's utter surprise: flat shoes.

"I can't believe it, who are you and what have you done to Amina?" He asked with a grin pointing with mock disbelief at my red ballet flats.

"Well you said park and these were the only shoes that I had that would be acceptable to wear," I said with a smile.

"Well then let's put them to the test," Andy said with the same grin in place, he took hold of my hand and led me through the park.

It was a light summer's evening, the rest of the afternoon heat still clinging on to the air with resistance.

Andy happily trotted ahead, still holding tightly to my hand.

Then we came to a wide expanse of green, which was still visible in the late afternoon sun. On this green expanse were large trees.

The tree directly in front of us was beautifully decorated with paper lanterns that shone in all their beautiful bring colours.

Under the tree a picnic was set up, with more candles in clear jam jars.

"Here we are," Andy said with a grin to me.

I was completely speechless.

"The guys helped fix the lanterns but I've attempted to cook so I apologise in advance," Andy with his grin still in place.

Acting on impulse I put my hands either side of his face and kissed Andy lightly on the lips and smiled.

"Who would have know; you're a closet romantic."

- - -

From there on we were officially, much to the joys of my brother and Andy's band mates who had been rooting for us all along or so Ryan informed me.

Andy proved to be that little extra joy and happiness in my life; always calling me randomly to say hi and tell an appallingly funny joke which resulted in him laughing incontrollable and the phone call ending there.

I had been frank with him from the very start, patiently explaining the family situation to him, and much to my relief his own family was beautifully simple: his mother and father had been married for years and still lived in the same house that Andy grew up in.

"So when are you going to met step mother numero six then?" Andy asked me whilst we were watching Will on the stage in a small bar, running through a vocal sound check.

"I've been trying to get through to dad but I don't think he wants me to see her…"

"Why not?" He seemed shocked by this.

"He's scared that I won't like her and then try and persuade him not to marry her. Which he'll do anyway," I added with a slight laugh.

"I'm sure you'll like her," Andy reassured me and kissed me lightly on the cheek.

Thank god I had him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow.

An update? Tee hee I'm at my friends for the weekend cos I'm seeing Pigeon Detectives tomorrow and she took me in for the whole weekend. I'm stealing her wireless XD