Goodbye Reckless

eight

"Andy she's awful!"

Andy proved to be my salvation, once again.

After the disastrous meeting with my future stepmother I was thoroughly depressed. In near hysterics I called Andy and twenty minutes later I was sitting opposite him in the Ice Cream factory, with his version of therapy sitting in all its glory in front of me.

A double sized banana sundae with extra chocolate sauce, sprinkles and gummi bears.

Andy had handed me a spoon and with a highly amused face watched me destroy the banana sundae with a vengeance.

"She can't be that bad," Andy tried to say reasonably, leaning back in his chair with an amused smile playing on his face.

"She wears vegan shoes!" I protested, my mouth full of vanilla ice cream. Not a pleasant sight but this was an emergency and so nothing else really mattered.

"Well not everybody can have crazy shoes like you do," Andy said with a smirk, referring to the brand new fuchsia pink platform peep toe shoes that were donated to me from a Luella fashion show where I had once again proved my worth as a make up artist.

"Andy please; vegan shoes! We had lunch together and when I said I liked to eat schnitzels she looked at me like I was a criminal! I'm half German for goodness sake; I'm meant to eat schnitzels!"

"Don’t you worry nothing is going to come between you and your schnitzel, I'll make sure of that," Andy said humouring me.

"Good I should hope so," I said earnestly. "But seriously Andy, he can't marry her. Goodness knows what they'll get up to. He's a highly regarded publisher, he can't just go and marry some woman who works for Greenpeace and who he's only known for six months." I wailed still drowning my sorrows in chocolate sauce.

"Maybe he genuinely loves her," Andy volunteered carefully, not wanting to fuel any more emotional outbursts of mine.

"Oh please," I scoffed. "Not with hair like hers."

Andy grinned.

"You are quite a little bitch you know that?"

"Sadly yes; I do," I said and once more began to attack the ice cream sundae.

- - -

"Oh Papa please you can't be serious."

These phone calls were all beginning to sound the same after a while.

Papa would suggest something ridiculous, I would bat it down, he would make a fuss and I would hang up exasperatedly.

"I'm being perfectly serious Amina, I have come to a point in my life where I need to revaluate my choices and I have realised that I have never spent enough time with nature," lectured my father.

"Yes that's all very nice but weren't you planning on going to Alaska?"

Alaska has been called off, apparently. My father and Beatrice now had their hearts upon saving the whales. It felt like very week they wanted to save something else. I was still waiting for 'Save the Plankton' campaign to be brought into life.

"Beatrice says they don't need her help right now, and at this moment in time the whales really need out help Amina I cannot just sit here and let it happen."

"Of course you can do that Papa, and I am very much behind you just staying here in Chicago. What are you going to do? Get into a paddling boat and save the whales from there?"

"That is an excellent idea Amina!"

"No! No! Papa I was joking!"

And so it happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback has been kinda non existent... anybody want to change that?