Status: Enjoy!

Untitled

Prelude (The Family Trip)

It was almost unbearably dark in that damn tunnel. The only sounds that could be heard were drops of water dripping from the mossy ceiling above our heads. The boat swayed gently in the water as it silently traveled forwards.

Through the gloom I could just about make out the thin and unnaturally tall sailor who was directing the rowers. Well, I say sailor but he suited the title Pirate a lot better. His long, branch like arms were directing the rowers left and right, left and right.

Suddenly he turned around to face his passengers. His eyes gleamed, illuminating the darkness around him. His mouth stretched into a huge demented smile. The kind a serial killer would be proud of. With the boat still moving along he cleared his throat and began to speak..

"There's no earthly way of knowing,
Which direction we are going.
There's no knowing where we're rowing,
Or which way the rivers flowing.
Is it raining? Is it snowing?
Is a hurricane a-blowing?
Not a speck of light is showing,
So the danger must be growing.
Are the fires of hell a-glowing?
Is the grizzly reaper mowing?
YES!!
THE DANGER MUST BE GROWING!
FOR THE ROWERS KEEP ON ROWING!
AND THEYR'E CERTAINLY NOT SHOWING,
ANY SIGNS THAT THEY ARE SLOWING!...

stop the boat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A television screen blurs into focus to reveal a smartly dressed news reporter.
"Breaking news from Ohio theme park! A lunatic escaped from the nearby asylum and took over the children's log flume ride. All of the passengers involved refuse to speak to police but all have the same markings on their necks. The only evidence the police could get they're hands on was the security camera inside the ride. The tape shows the ride to be empty. No passengers were on the ride and all that can be heard is a faint chanting in the gloom...