Status: Uhm, slowly updating, so bare with me D:

A Part of My Heart

P.O.V. Cassadee

P.O.V. Cassadee

I watched the irish woman, hobble off into the kitchen, appearing not a moment later with a steaming cup in her hands. She set it down on the stained counter, then looked at me sympathetically as if she could read how I felt by the expression on my face. No one needed to tell me that I looked terrible, I knew I did. I probably looked as bad as I felt, as I lifted the smoking mug to my lips.

"That'll be 5 pounds," She let me know as she grabbed and rag, sweeping it along the counter top. I nearly jumped out of my stool as the sound of a low voice echoing from the corner. It hadn't occured to me that someone else might have bothered to come into this ratty place. No offense to the old woman... My head snapped in the direction of the voice.

" Don't worry about it. It's on me." A boy stepped out of the shadow in the corner of the bar and into the dim light that flickered above head. My eyebrows furrowed, my eyes scanning him unsure of his motives. I do not need this right now, was all I could think as he waltzed his way over to me, taking the seat next to mine.

"Why? What'll I have to owe you?" I spat, cocking an eyebrow at the boy.

He shrugged,"You won't have to owe me anything, but maybe a bit of your time would be nice..." Why that cocky little... I wanted nothing more than to throw my pipping hot drink on him. He DID say that it was on him right? I folded my arms, turning away from him.

"Ha, no. I don't hang out with random guys who buy me drinks," I huffed, glaring at my hands folded tightly in my lap, to keep from smacking him into next year.

"But I'm not just some random guy..." He chuckled nervously, as if he were waiting for me to laugh like I was joking. He took me by the arm, swinging my body towards his to look him in the eyes.

The playful smile had melted from his face, a state of panick written in its place."Y-you do remember me... right?"

I could hear my heart pounding in my ears and my brain raced to catch up to what was happening here. This boy... he was slightly familiar looking. His mop of rich, curly brown hair, his green eyes.... It was like one of those old cartoons, a lightbulb practically appeared over my head. I did know this guy!

"Yeah... You, you're the weird boy from the airport!"

His face dropped asa if his very being had been crushed. He shook his head. "N-no... I mean, well, yes. But no, that's not..." He stuttered throughout his sentence, sighing in defeat. "That's not.... all."

My head cocked sideways in confusion, like those cute little puppies. "What do you mean...?" I asked slowly, unsure if I really wanted an answer to my question. He moved closer to me, his face nearly an inch away from my own. okayyy, so this boy has never heard of person space or what?

"C'mon... You know me. I'm not just 'the guy from the airport'. Cassadee, don't you remember?" I could hear in his voice that he was hurt. My head began to spin ans I slid from my chair and took a few steps away.

"No! Okay? I don't rememeber, I don't remember you, I don't remember anything.... Are you happy?" I whispered, tears slowly beginning to cloud my vision. He hopped from his chair, starting towards me, his hands pulling something from around his neck.

"Why on earth would I be happy?!" He exclaimed. "My BEST FRIEND," He emphasized that part, causing my haert to stop beating," Doesn't even remember me..." Then I saw it. A tiny silver chain dangled from his his fingers, on the end was half of a heart. It was exactly like mine....

My hand flew up to my neck, my fingers finding comfort at the feel of the small metal charm. Him? It was him? My mind felt as if it were about to explode as I unclipped the necklace and looked down at it.

"Look... the girl that you gave this to..." I started, my voice qivering as I refered to my past. "That girl that was your best friend. She, she isn't here anymore.... I don't even know her anymore. And I can't pretend like I do, even if I wanted to. I... I'm sorry." I sniffled, tears slicking down my cheeks as I took hishand and placed my necklace on his plam along side his own.

His eyes grew watery. Shaking his head, he attempted to force the piece of jewelery back into my hands. "I... don't understand," He hiccuped through his tears. Just at the sight of this crying boy, my heart seemed to crumble, for some reason he was worse to look at than my mother...

"I'm sorry." Was all that could pass my lips as I brushed past him, out of the doors and into the blizzard. My stomach hurt, my brain felt fried, my heart... felt empty. My heart felt like a cold pit of nothingness ( if that makes any sense at all). And I had a feeling that I knew why too.

I had left my heart back in the old pub with my former best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh, not sure if I like it...
But if you happen to, then comment please c:
I need to know if I should keep on going, or quit.