Status: Uhm, slowly updating, so bare with me D:

A Part of My Heart

P.O.V. Harry

P.O.V. Harry

I flinched at the sound of the exit door slamming closed, liquid droplets dribbling down my cheeks and falling from my quivering chin to the floor. I opened my clenched hand and looked at my palm. My eyes locked on the sight, absorbing it. The two necklaces were once again together, their chains tangled in one anothers. My brain struggled to comprehend what had just happened, but there was no way to hold onto just one thought. My mind was buzzing.

I closed my hand around the jewelery, not being able to stand the sight anymore, and shoved them into the depth of my back pocket. I bit my lip, refusing any more tears to come and wipped my eyes with the back of my hand.

I turned to the counter, pulled out 5 pounds and offered it to Catherine. Her eyes studied me, before shaking her head ever so slightly. "I won't be taking your money, dear. It's on the house," She grumbled, turned away and hurried her aged body off into the kitchen. The old woman's words were muffled in my ears, seeming as if she were a far distance away speaking them. Despite her refusal, I tossed the money onto the bar, then turned around heading for the door.

Taking in a shaken breath, I pulled the hood of my jacket over my head and stepped out the exit. A cold blast of air jolted my senses back to life, stinging my raw face. Hugging my jacket tighter around my shivering frame, I ventured out into the freezing tundra of a town, wishing nothing more than to crawl under a rock and never come out.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

By the time I had arrived home I was a sniffling ice pop. My eyes were bloodshot and watering nonstop, whether that was because the cold or my recent encounter I can't say. Slamming the door shut behind me, I walked past the boys, who were rambunctiously playing a videogame in the living room, my shoulders slumped and my head hung low.

Louis popped up along my side as I made my way down the hallway. "Hey, Haz! I just crushed Niall at...." My fun loving friend paused for a moment, giving me a long look. "Are you alright, bub?" His face now scrunched up in concern.

My eyes never left the ground as I gave a small shrug of my shoulders. I could already feel the dimples in my chin beginning to form the way they always do when I'm on the verge of tears. There was no way to cover it up now, I had been given away. Silently, I cursed myself and turned my back to my friend.

"Y-yeah, Lou... Why wouldn't I be," My throat closed up, choking my words as I spoke. Louis gently touched my arm, frowning.

"C'mon, mate. You can tell me..." He whispered, flashing me a encouraging smile. I shook my head, pulling away from the boy and started down the hallway. I loved him, but this wasn't something that he could possibly help me with. Not this time...

Fresh tears welled in my eyes as I slipped into my bedroom, closing the door behind me. My hand found my back pocket, digging deep into it and pulled the necklaces out of the fold of fabric. Staring down at the two symbols of friendship, I frowned, tears streaking my cheeks. I wanted nothing more than to believe she was playing a mean prank on me, but her eyes didn't lie. It's over, I thought, but I wanted nothing more than to believe that was a lie. This was all a lie. A dream, something, anything. Anything, but real.

I stomped across the room and chucked the necklaces into the trash bin. With an aggrivated sigh, I ran my hands through my wild curls and fell back onto my bed. I stared at my ceiling, my eyes following my fan as it went round and round in circles. After a good many deep breaths, I sat up, my eyes slyly finding the trash bin a few feet away. I shook my head.

No, I can't hold onto something that's not there anymore, but I couldn't help but long for the feel of the cool chain resting along my neck and settling on my chest. I nearly jumped out of my own skin, falling off of my bed and crashing onto my floor at an abrupt knock on the door. "Harold....? May I come in?" Mum's voice called from the other side. Climbing to my feet, I rubbed my a part of my shoulder that collided with my metal bed framing during my fall. Clearing my throat, I took a seat on the edge of my bed.

"Come in, mum," He sighed, knowing well what was coming. She was going to ask me how it went. How Cassadee was. What do I think of her. Do I think that she is pretty. Ect. My mother entered the room, carefully closing the door behind her and came and sat beside me.

We sat in silence for a few minutes, I could feel the tension building as the quiet seemed to engulf everything in the distance. Mum's face was more serious than it has been in a while, which was something that put me off. I was used to her being all smiles and a cheeky personality, she does put up with five boys, mind you...

Mum opened her mouth to speak, but she closed it just as suddenly. She shook her head with a sigh and took my hand in hers. "Babes..." She stared quietly, her eyes meeting mine, they were glistening with tears.

"It was a month ago... Cassadee and her father had just moved to Harare, that's in Zimbabwe. It was growing late as they were driving back to their hut, the natives had warned them that it wasn't safe to be out after night fall but they didn't listen, Mr. Everette needed to finish his research before the nights end."

I stared at my mother intently, my stomach feeling as if it had been filled with rocks. Why was she telling me this? Had something happened to her? Or her father? But that coudn't be because Cassee was here and she was fine... I my was swarming with questions, but I let my mother continue without any interuptions.

"They were taking an old back road, when an old rusted truck sped out of nowhere. The people inside, they chastized them, ramming their car into the Everette's..." My mother stopped dabbing at her eyes with her sweater. She took a breath and carried on. " Their car flipped. It rolled off of the road and into a ditch. A-all because of those... those - hoodlums." Her voice was breaking. I chewed on my lower lip, tears running down my cheeks. Why had no one told me?

"Harry," She sniffled, placing her hand on my cheek."She was in a coma for two weeks. And when she woke up, she- she couldn't remember anything. She CAN'T remember anything. Amnesia, the doctor's diagnosed her with..."

I stood to my feet and began to pace the floor. Cassadee wasn't lying... She didn't even understand what had been going on! "I saw her at Catherine's pub..." I said quietly, moving my gaze from the floor to my mum. "She pretty much said she didn't want to have anything to do with me. I-I didn't know that...."

My mother stood, came over to me and took my hands in hers. "Don't take it to heart. She's grieving... She's confused not knowing what to think anymore." I shot a questioning look at her.

"What do you mean?" I asked slowly, raising an eyebrow.

Mum let go of my hands and kissed my cheek. "Don't give up on her. She needs you now more tha ever, doll." She gave me a reassuring smile, patted my cheek and left the room.

"What do I do?" I called desperately.

She appeared in the doorway witha shrug of her shoulders and a small smile. "Hell if I know! Your friend, not mine." She left me alone to my thoughts, closing the door. Almost instantly, my eyes locked in on the sight of the trash bin. I stumbled towards it, dug my hand into it and pulled the charms out of all the rubbish.

I won't let you go... Not that easily, at least.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay!
Here's more :)
I hope that you all like it, let me know if you do pleasee c: