Status: Uhm, slowly updating, so bare with me D:

A Part of My Heart

P.O.V. Cassadee

P.O.V. Cassadee.

I frowned, rolling off of the side of my bed and onto the floor, my body now wrapped in my blankets like a cocoon. I groaned, my face pressing against the carpet before I climbed to my feet. With my blanket still wrapped around my shoulders, I made my way down the hall and turned into the kitchen, surprised not to find my mother pouring tears over old photo albums. Instead there on the newly clean table was a small piece of paper, on it neat cursive.

My Dearest Cassadee,

Good morning, sweets. I left for work, but I'll be back by 7pm.
I'm sorry that I didn't wake you, but you just looked so very
peaceful, I couldn't bring myself to do it. There is a list of contact
information on the fridge, in case of any emergency. Dear god, I
pray that there won't be any emergencies! Any who, have fun today
but not TOO much fun.

Love, mum.

My head snapped up from the note, a soft tapping my ears detected at the front door. I rubbed my eyes as I walked through the living room and opened the door to come face to face with the boy that I just couldn't seem to rid myself of, no matter how hard I tried. Harry (if my memory/dream was correct that is).

My eyes widened at the sight of him. "W-what are you doing here..." I whispered in disbelief. He blushed ever so slightly at my question as he tried to work up the courage to speak.

"I- I know that you just want me gone.... but I can't do that. You see, when I was a little kid I made a promise. I made a promise to a little girl, to you. I promised that I would be your best friend and that I would be there for you," He said slowly.

I hung onto his every word, I didn't want to but I couldn't help myself. His words were so genuine as he explained to me. His voice pleaded me to accept that he wouldn't leave without a fight. I wanted nothing more than to tell him I would never leave his side. I wanted to tell him that I was the same girl he used to adore. I wanted to tell him everything was going to be alright, but I couldn't form the words because there it came again. It pulled me back, it brought tears to my eyes. The fear took over inside of me. I tried to shut the door in his face, coming to the realization that I didn't want to hear anymore. I just couldn't!

His foot caught the door mid-swing and he fixed himself between it and it's frame, his face hovering a few inches away from mine. "And I've never broken a promise, Cassee. I don't plan to either."

My heart hurt as I gave a small shake of my head, a single tear traveling down my cheek. I fought through the fear, pushing the door back open and whispered quietly, "I don't want to hurt you..." There I had said it. It took every last ounce of courage I had, but I said it.

His sorrow filled eyes looked down into mine as he cupped one of my cheeks into his hand and dried my tear. "Knowing that you're here and not being here with you," His voice broke as he gave a hopeless shrug,"is hurting me."

My heart gave a flip at his statement. "But... but I'm not the same girl," I mumbled, searching for an excuse to leave the situation. He gave a sad smile and nodded.

"You're right, you're not the same girl that you were ten years ago..." Harry sighed and my heart dropped. Something inside of me wishing he found a reason to not let me go. Wishing that he would fight to keep me, even though I was too scared to admit it.

"But, you know what? I don't care about that. I care that you're the one that I promised the world to. You're the one that I shared these with," he smiled, and flashed the charm necklaces. My eyes lit up at the sight. I missed the metal, the charm, I missed it simply being there. I reached out and took one of them into my hand. "And most of all, YOU are my best friend, and I'm yours, we just have to get you to remember that."

I cocked an eyebrow at him. What was this boy talking about? He's absolutely mad, but I smiled because I could feel that he cared, he cared just about as much as a person could care. "How do we do that?"I questioned, no longer trying to get out of it, this kid was going to be sticking around for a while. I could feel it. I felt the pressure of the world slowly melt from my shoulders, as my eyes dried of their tears. He grinned down at me.

"Hell if I know, you figured out how to love me the first time. You did it once, you can do it again."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure what I think of this one :c
I like some parts, but I dislike other...
Let me know what you guys think!
Comment, or subscribe, or just silent read, do what you guys do c: