Status: Uhm, slowly updating, so bare with me D:

A Part of My Heart

P.O.V. Harry

P.O.V. Harry

"Hell if I know, you figured out how to love me the first time. You did it once, you can do it again."

"Okay, I know that my memory is groggy, but I think I have enough sense to know that I did not love you," She snorted, allowing me into her house, shutting the door behind me. I frowned, but only for a moment. Ouch, that stung just a bit... I collected myself, putting a smirk on my lips and threw an arm across her shoulders.

"No, maybe not, but you liked me," I teased, wiggling my eyebrows down at the girl. She put a hand to my chest and shoved me a foot away with a soft "no", her cheeks shading a pinkish color. Her eyes widened, locking down on the fact she was standing before me in only an overlarged t-shirt. I struggled to keep from chuckling as she slowly backed over to the hallway.

"Make yourself at home... I should-" She babbled, her face burning brighter. "Yeah..." She muttered quietly before sprinting off towards her bedroom. I shook my head lightly, chucking and began to take everything in.

I bit my lip as I tried to think of how I was going to pull this off. This wasn't going to be an easy task. I have a lot of work a head of myself, but the question was; where do I start. A bunch of places where Cassee and I used to hang out flashed through my mind, but none of them fit right. I frowned, taking a seat on the couch. There was the playground just a mile or so away from here, but I barely remember any spectacular memories there. So that's off of the list. There was Catherine's old pub, but we rarely ever visited and that was only due to her father checking on the old woman. Therefore that one would be a no. Then there was the field out behind the Everette's house, but we only went out there during warmer parts of the year and now in the winter it wouldn't be recognizable. My mind raced even faster, when suddenly it hit me. I sprung to my feet, all of the memories hitting me at once. It was the place where we did everything, where we spent all of out day and nights. My brain struggling to think why I hadn't thought of it sooner.

Cassadee entered the room, now dressed for the day in a pair of grey skinny jeans, a loose flannel t- shirt and a black hoodie, her hair pulled into a messy side braid. She leaned against the door frame casually, her eyes meeting mine and pulling a small smile onto her face. I smiled back, but she averted her gaze and went to playing with the hem of her shirt.

"So..." She muttered,"what's the plan?"

"That's for me to know and you to go along with," I grinned, walking over to her. Cassadee gave me a questioning look, obviously not appreciating my comment. I put out my hand, willing for her to take it. "Just trust me, okay?" She glanced around the room, taking in a deep breath and nodded. "okay..." She sighed, sounding a bit unsure of her choice and took my hand. I led her out the door and into the morning light.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

After a few minutes hiking through the snow, there we were. Standing in front of our childhood palace. Cassadee glanced around, frowning. "Why are we looking at a tree?" The girl cocked an eyebrow at me as my eyes took in the veiw. I threw my head back in laughter. Just a tree? Just a tree? No, this was THE tree. Our tree. She crossed her arms over her chest at my reaction and demanded," What's so funny?"

I shook my head, shifting to look at my confused friend. "This is the place."

"This?" She asked again, pointing at the tree.

"Yup, lovely ain't it?"

She stared in shock. "Why did you take me here of all places?" She questioned, obviously at a loss for words.

"This used to be where we would spend all of our time," I chirped, watching her as she made her way to the tree and inspected it. "We would spend hours on end up in that old tree..." I smiled at the thought. Her face scrunched up in confusion.

"UP? Up in the tree?" She asked suddenly, her question taking me off guard. What, did she think we spent time down here? What would be the fun in that?

"Yeah. You see up there," I pointed, directing her gaze to an old wooden house high up in the branches. Her mouth dropped, a small ''oh" breathed out passed her lips.

"That makes more sense..." She blushed at how oblivious she had been.

"She's a bit run down now, but back in the day she was at her prime," I sighed, it was all so bittersweet. The situation, my best friend, the past, the tree house. All of it. Cassadee moved over to my side and took my hand like a child, giving it a small squeeze.

"Do you think we could go up?" She grinned excitedly, my eyes catching a glimpse of my old friend. I smiled sadly. "Probably not safe enough. The boards are likely rotted through," I informed her. She sighed, and dropped my hand and folded her arms.

"Well, that just won't do. We can't just leave it in ruins," She started slowly, trying to hold back a smile as she looked at me. "If we're going to rebuild my memory, we're going to rebuild this too."

"And what do you know about building tree houses?" I snorted, but she shrugged my question not affecting her one bit. "Well, nothing," She giggled," but c'mon. It can't be that hard."

"I dunno," I sighed, scratching the back of my head. She pouted, clasping her hands together in front of her, resting her chin on them. "Please." I attempted to look away from her, but it wasn't possible. Saying no that that face, saying no to her was impossible. I groaned, a smile breaking out on my face as I turned to walk away.

"Come on then!" I called back to her. "The sooner we get into town for the suplies, the sooner we start." She squealed childishly, skipping to my side and linking her arm in my own.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

We made our way into town, a comfortable silence over Cassadee and I. My eyes drifted from the shops we passed to look down at the girl on my arm. She smiled softly as her eyes peered into shops windows and I couldn't help but smile to. She glanced over at me, cokcing her head to one side curiously. My stomach flipped and I panicked.

"Uhm... a-are you hungry?" I babbled the first stupid question that popped into my mind. Wow, I must look like a damn idiot. She giggled, noticing how flustered my question was.

"A bit," She nodded sheepishly. My eyes caught sight of a small cafe, leading her into it. Trying to be a gentleman, I hurried ahead of her, chose a table and pulled her chair out for her. She laughed at me as she took the other chair at the table, instead of the one that I had offered. I huffed, play glaring over at her and sat down in the chair that I had meant for her. A waiter, about the same age as Cassee and I, appeared not a moment later, a small notepad in hand.

"Good day, what can I get you?" He asked me, keeping his eyes glued to the paper.

I shook my head, not wanting anything. He turned to look at Cassadee, a smooth smile sliding onto his face. He took her hand in his lifting it to his lips and kissed it. What the actual fuck?Really? I mean, really? Who does he think he is? I glared him down, my heart rate picking up. I wanted to punch that guy out just for thinking he could touch her! My hands layed out on the table, clenched into fists. I looked away from him to see my friend's reaction.

Cassadee turned beet red, her eyes wide in shock. "And for the lovely lass?" The waiter questioned, raising an eyebrow at the stunned girl. She tried to regain whatever dignity she had left and stuttered out her order. He scribbled it down on his paper and left the table, sending a subtle wink at Cassadee. All of the joy was sucked out of my day by that one scene.

My friend took a deep breath and shook off the moment, her eyes watching me curiously. I know I wasn't being descrete and I honestly didn't care. That kid... that kid pissed me off. Her hand reached across the table, placing it onto of mine.

"You alright there?" She chuckled nervously, her eyes meeting my own. I sighed, pulling my hand away from hers and running it through my hair.

"I'm fine." I muttered, glaring down at the salt shaker.

"Can you tell me about yourself?" She asked suddenly, with a weak smile. I gave her a look, shrugging. "What do you want to know?" I fired back, pushing my anger away. I couldn't put that on her, she didn't do anyting to deserve the cold shoulder, but if that guy comes back over here with that... Well, I couldn't promise to be so nice.

"I don't know. Full name, favorite color, hobbies. I'd like to know these things about my best friend," She teased, leaning back into her chair. I smiled as she called me her best friend.

"Alright then. Uh, my full name is Harold Edward Styles, but just about everyone calls me Harry. My favorite color happens to be orange. And for my hobbies, I sing in a boy band," I explained, as I played with the salt. I could feel her perk up as I answered.

"Hey, I like orange!" she exclaimed, a grin on her face. I chuckled, glancing up at her. "I know," I said knowingly. She blushed," Oh, yeah. So, you're in a band? A boy band?"

I nodded, smiling at the thought of my mates. They were probably off causing terror on my home streets, but that's why I loved them. "Yeah, I am. We're called One Direction. We're actually a pretty big deal..."

She rolled her eyes. "Sure you are," She snorted, picking up her water glass and taking a small sip.

"We just back from our world tour yesterday actually," I shrugged like it was no big deal. Cassee choked on her water, staring at me wide eyed. Water sprayed out of her mouth. "WHAT?!"

Laughing, I wipped a few stray water droplets from my face. "Charming."

"W-world tour...?"She whispered. I nodded, dabbing the water puddle on the table up with napkins. Right on cue, the waiter showed up alongside of our damp table. He glared at me as I cleaned up the mess, then turned to Cassee and set her plate down. "There you go. If you need anything else, just call me," He flashed a crooked smile and strutted off to the counter. I rolled my eyes, not being able to stop myself before I mocked him.

"If you need anything else, just call me," I mumbled, under my breath. "Pffft, hobknocker."I heard a muffled giggle and looked up, my eyes meeting a smirking Cassadee. My face burned, no telling how red I must have been. I hadn't meant for her to hear it, I hadn't even meant to say it aloud. It just happened.

I slumped down in my chair, my eyes focussed on the table in hopes that it would lower my embarrassment. "Eat your breakfast so we can go," I huffed.

Ten minutes had passed and her plate was now empty. Wow, this girl could eat. Niall will like her for sure, I thought as I got to my feet and going over to the counter, Cassadee following. My gaze hardened, noticing the git behind the counter as our ass of a waiter. I handed over the amount we owed and waited for our recipt, but he was busy writing something on the back of it.

The guy ignored my existence, handing the recipt over to Cassadee. "That there is for you, dear," He smirked, looking her up and down. My hands curled into fists ready to deck the guy here and now as I saw he had written his phone number one the back of the paper he had handed to my girl. I plucked it from her hand, crumpled it up and tossed it back at him.

"She won't be needing this," I snapped, taking her by the hand and storming from the cafe. Okay, maybe I was being dramatic, but, you know what I don't care. She's mine. I mean, she's my girl friend. I mean, she's my friend that is a- oh. whatever. The point is if he comes towards her again, I'll make him wish he hadn't.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh, not sure how I feel about it, but here it is.
Comment, or subscribe, or just silent read, do what you guys do c: