Status: Uhm, slowly updating, so bare with me D:

A Part of My Heart

P.O.V. Harry

P.O.V. Harry

A permanent smile was etched ever so slightly on my lips as I stared across the way at Cassadee. She lay slumped against the wall, her eyes held towards the beauty of the night sky, trying not to show that she was shaking like a leaf. She exhaled slowly, her breath piercing the night air as a puff of wispy, white smoke as she hugged her jacket tighter against her small frame. I shook my head lightly, unzipped my jacket and slipped it off. Crawling over to the drouzy girl, I layed the piece of clothing ontop of her. She jumped, her eyes snapping open in alert. I chuckled lightly at her surprise.

"It's okay," I cooed, with a shrug of my shoulders.

I didn't care about being cold, her being warm and comfortable was all I had in mind. I gently took the spot next to her, snaking my arms her around and pulling her into me. She smiled, settling against my body, her head leaned lightly on my chest as she stared at the stars that began to crowd the sky.

"You know, I'm not quite sure I trust our handy work enough to lounge up here all night," She laughed lightly, the slightest of smiles tugging at her lips. A frown slowly wore my face, my eyebrows furrowing as I looked down at her. Did that mean she wanted to go..? I wasn't ready to go. I wasn't ready for this to end. Any of it.

"Do you want to go back down to your house then..?" I questioned in a whispered, terriffied to hear the answer.

I stared at her expectantly, but she refused to move her gaze from the sky as she sat quietly contemplating her answer. The girl's smile suddenly widened, as she glanced over at me with a small shake of her head.

"No," She answered, a grin slithering across my face.

She settled back against my chest, breathing out a yawn. Cassadee's breath slowed as she relaxed, her body growing limp and motionless, with the exception of the constant rise and fall of her chest. I sighed, allowing my eyelids to grow heavy and slip closed. I took in a deep breath, shaking my head. No, we can't just fall asleep out here, though I wish we could.

I gently, touched Cassadee's shoulder and gave it a small shake. "Come on, Cassee. If we fall asleep out here, we're going to get sick," I whispered into her ear, taking her by the hands and lifting her to her feet. She stumbled, obviously still half asleep. I smirked, throwing both of her arms around my neck and wrapped a protective arm around her waist.

"Now, whatever you do, don't let go.." I breathed, praying that her dazed mind had actually absorbed the information. My heart raced nervously as I lowered us step by step down the side of the tree. Every step, I fixed her body closer to ine, afraid that I would drop her. Dear god... don't let me drop her...

A sigh of relief passed my lips as I reached the last and final step. I dropped onto the ground with a small thud, my friend groaning at the sudden impact. I chuckled, gently shifting her position to where she was held bridal style in my arms. The cold blasted through my clothes as I started off towards my friends house.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Gently, I knocked on the door with foot, since both of my arms just so happened to be occupied. The door opened after a few minutes, Ms. Everette's worried face appearing.

"Where HAVE you been?!" She exclaimed loudy.

Cassee groaned, turning over in my arms. I gave the older woman a pleading look, nudging my head down at the girl in my arms and silently begged for the woman not to wake her. Ms. Everette gave an aggrived sigh, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Fine," She snapped in a small voice. "But next time you want her to stay out all hours of the night you give me a warning, Harold Styles!" She took in a deep breath, allowing her anger to cool as she looked down at her daughter. "Why don't you go set in her bed? I'll get you some warm clothes.." I smiled and nodded. This was no wher near the woman I had seen earlier. I suppose her mother instincts couldn't have stayed away forever...

Taking the girl down the hall, I turned into her room and set her down on the bed. Instantly, she became one with the mattress, her fingers curling into the soft sheets and her head turning into her fluffy pillow. My hand reached out, brushing a few stands of stay hair from her face. Leaning down, I pressed kiss to her forehead. "Sweet dreams," I breathed, taking a step away from her bed

"I left some clothes for on the table," Cassadee's mother called from the door. I jumped at the sound of her voice. It hadn't even occurred to me that she had been there. Wait.. how long had she been there? I had been so caught up, I hadn't even noticed.

I turned my gaze from cassee to her, smiling sheepishly and rubbed the back of my neck. "Oh, uhm, thanks. I'll be out of your hair after that, I promise," I said awkwardly, walking over to the doorway where she stood.

She smiled knowingly. Damn, how much did she see...? "Oh, no, you won't. You think I'm going to let you walk home at this hour? No, dear. I also made you a place on the couch," She snorted, before starting down the hallway to her own room. I hurried after her.

"I don't want to be a bother, honestly. I'm fine walking," I assured the woman, but she wasn't buying it. She stopped at her door and shook her head.

"It's no bother, I'm insisting. Now goodnight." She huffed before closing the door in my face. I couldn't help, but smile. Now that was the woman I used to know.

"G'night," I mumbled with a sigh.

I changed into the clothes she had set out for me, leaving out the shirt because for some reason I feel so restricted in them when I try to sleep. I climbed onto the couch and let my eyes drift closed.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I made a face, feeling a sudden pressure on my stomach and a patting on my chest. "Harry...." Ugh, really, Cass? A guy can't have his sleep now? "C'mon. Harry, get up!" She chided, playing her fingers along my chest. I shook my head in one quick motion and groaned, hitting her lightly. She gasped," Hey!" I left a slap on my shoulder causing a grin to work it's way onto my face, my eyes opening to look at her.

"That's what you get, trying to wake me up..." I teased, wiggling my eyebrows at her. She asked for it.... Her jaw dropped at my words.

"You KNEW it was me and you still hit me?" Her mouth asked, stll agape. I rolled my eyes. Really, who else would it have been? Her mother? Not likely. She climbed off of my stomach and took a place a top of the coffee table.

"I assumed." I shrugged, smirking as I got up from my resting area. The blanket that had been covering my body, fell to the floor sending Cassadee's cheeks ablaze. She quickly turned away from me, her eyes averted to the floor. I raised my eyebrows. What was her? Oh. I laughed, apparentally seeing my bare chest made her uncomfortable. I picked my crumpled shirt up from the floor and slipped it over my head. "Sorry," I said, not able to find how funny it was.

She blushed and looked up at me, a smile finding it's way to her face. "I had a dream last night..."

My heart stopped. Was that good? Did that mean everything was going to be alright or-

She jumped from the table , throwing her arms around me. "I think it's working," She mumbled into my ear. I grinned holding her close and lifted her off her feet, swinging her in a circle before setting her back down. If she thinks it's working then...

I let her out of the hug, taking her face in my hands. "What'd you dream about?" I asked, not being able to contain my happiness. She took a deep, pulling me down to take a seat next to her on the couch.

"Well, we were little kids and we were in the old tree house. We must have been playing some type of acting game, because I was either snow white or sleeping beauty. You went to wake me up andwhen you didn't kiss me awake..." She trailed off, her cheeks tinting pink at the memory. My smile widened at the memory.

"You threw a fit. Said that if I didn't everything would be doomed," I chuckled, shaking my head in deisbelief. This was really happening. She was actually remembering... She nodded sheepishly. "Yeah, that's it," She laughed. We stared at each other in amazment. I hadn't imagined that it would feel this good when the moment came, but I felt as if I was walking on air..

"Well, I'm off to work." Ms. Everette Appeared in the doorway, dressed in a woman's suit and briefcase. Cassee and I jumped at the sound of her voice and tunred our heads to look at her. "By the way, Harold, I called your mum this morning. And she's having a fit, says you to be home as soon as possible." And with that dreadful news, she left through the front door. My eyes widened. OH, no. I'm in for it now.

I jumped to my feet, pulling my jacket on and gave my friend a pleading look. "I'm sorry, but I have to go or my mum'll kill me," I groaned. She nodded sadly, her once happy face now pained by a frown.

"It's okay..." She started. "I'll just go into town today, look around, you know." I knew she wasn't happy, but she was toughing it out. I forced a weak smile, messing up her hair lightly.

"But maybe... I'll see you tomorrow?" I say her face brighten slightly at my words. She nodded eagerly.

"Yeah. I'll be ready for whatever you have planned at noon," She giggled, smiling up at me. I gave a nod, "I'll see you." She sprang up from the furniture, hugging me lightly around my middle.

"See you." She replied, letting me go and taking her seat once more. Smiling, I left to the door and glanced back at her. She rolled her eyes, smirking at my inability to leave. "Go," She laughed. I blushed, quickly opening the door and started the journey towards where the wrath of my mother awaited me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it took so long :c
I tried to write this one over and over again, but it never seemed right.Dx
I hope that I got it right this time and it was worth the wait!
Pleaseee comment, or subscribe, just let me know if you like it c:

And a very special thanks to ProudThespian, captainawkw4rd, and mistery gurl :D