Status: Uhm, slowly updating, so bare with me D:

A Part of My Heart

P.O.V. Harry

P.O.V. Harry

I stumbled through the snow, desperate to get home, no doubt in my mind that Mum was ready to run me through with one of her kitchen knives. Shuffling in through the front door, I glanced around cautiously. Everything was quiet. No banging of pots and pans, no TV blasting the room over, not even the sound of my mates messing around echoed along the walls. Slipping off my jacket, I turned to the hook and hang it up.

"Harold Edward Styles," My mother's shrill scream rattled my ears.

Slowly I turned to face her. There she stood, her face glowing red of anger, hands fixed firmly on her hips and a deadly scowl formed on her face. I gulped, quickly to avoid eye contact. If looks could kill, I tell you...

"Hi, mum..." I whispered, chewing nervously on my lip. She was silent, deadly silent. Suddenly more was ringing than my ear, my mother was beating me all over. Slapping every inch of me she could possible get to. Her features scrunched in frustration as she took it all out of me, before one final pop to the side of my curly head.

"'Hi, mum'? THAT"S ALL YOU CAN SAY?" She exclaimed, wagging her finger at me, it hovering merely an inch away from my nose.

I had no answer. Let's just say, Mum tends to have a way to knock all of the words out of your mouth before you can use them. Anyway, it wasn't like she expected an answer to her rhetorical question. It's rhetorical for a reason, isn't it? She, no doubt, had all last night to plan this rant and there was nothing to keep this woman from proceeding.

I shrunk back against the door and gave a small, helpless shrug of my shoulders as a large lump formed in my throat. This did not help at all. If anything, it made the lady more frantic than she had already been!

"I was worried sick, and all you have to say for yourself is 'Hi, mum'?" She barked, crossing her arms firmly across her chest. "I let you out of my sight and you end up gone ALL-BLOODY-NIGHT!" She paused, giving an aggravated huff, folding an unfolding her arms unsure of what to do with herself. "I swear, boy, if Ms. Everette hadn't of phoned me this morning.... I...Well, I..." Her voice began to falter.

"You BEST be lucky that you're too old for thrashings, or... or I swear I would." My eyes grew wider and wider with her every word. She gave me one last slap to the side of my head, spun around and hobbled off into the kitchen, grumbling about what a horrid child I was.

I frowned, rocking back and forth on my feet as I watched her go. “I’m sorry…” I muttered quietly as though afraid she would snap back and attack me like a vicious dog.

Her now out of my sight I let out a breath, slouched back against the door, closed my eyes, and ran a hand through my hair. Well, that certainly could have been a whole lot worse. She could have-

“Psst.”

My heart jumped, my eyes snapping open in the direction of the noise. The sound echoed from the thick darkness that fogged the hallway. My eyes narrowed as I took a step towards it.

“Pssssssssssssssttt!” It came again.

I made my way over to the corridor peering down it. Only this time, I came to see a pair of wide blue eyes watching me. There crouched tightly against the wall, Louis beckoned me over. I snorted, going over to him and holding out a hand for him to use to get up.

“What are you-”

He caught my hand, dragged my body down to his height, spun me around and clamped a hand over my mouth. The rest of my words muffled into his hand. Swatting at him, I ripped his hand off of my mouth, turning to him with a question look. "What. Are. You. Doing?" I chuckled. Slapping his hand back on my face, he shushed me.

"Now that is a good question, but you'll have to wait till we get to headquarters to discuss. So, hush," He whispered, dragging me backwards. It took all I had, no to burst out laughing as he pulled me along, until he pushed open a door, let me go and crawled inside. Crawling in behind him, I glanced around.

"Lou... You do realize that this is only my room, right?" I asked slowly as I shut the door and turned to look at the insane boy. Only it wasn't only the one insane boy. There were four of them. Perched at the edge of my bed sat Louis his legs crossed, Zayn sat on the floor at the foot of my bed, leaning against it and Liam and Niall at against the wall, Niall using Liam's shoulder as a headrest.

Louis did his most famous hair flip and gave me his best sass look. "Don't question me. It is headquarters!"

I rolled my eyes, taking a seat, leaning in the door. "Okay, whatever you say. So... uhm, what exactly was that out there?" I saw all of the boys exchange looks, all of them looking a bit uneasy and nervous. My eyebrows furrowed as I waited for someone to answer me.

"Well, your Mum... She kind of lost it last night," Zayn mumbled, glancing over at the guys for help on how to explain it.

"You didn't even tell her you left, and when you didn't come home last night..." Liam continued for his friend.

"Harry, your Mother was ready to call the police!" Louis spat out, hugging one of my pillows to his chest. "And we were starting to think that some rouge fan got a hold of you-"

"You slick git," Niall's voice pierced the air.

Everything went quiet as all eyes turned to look at the small Irish boy. He crossed his arms over his chest childishly and stuck his tongue out at me. All of the tension melted from the atmosphere at his simple actions. We all howled with laughter and dropped the matter. It was over and done with now anyway.

"So, where did you go anyway?" Zayn asked the one question I was sure that was on all of their minds. A grin slipped onto my face recalling yesterday’s events. I took in a deep breath; this story would surely take some explanation. But the question in my head was, where to begin...
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohmygod. It's been such a long time since I updated D:
I went on a trip to florida and when I got back I coulkd find my inspiration.
I do hope my readers will forgive me :c
If you like it then subscribe, but I would really enjoy reading your commentary on it!