Status: Uhm, slowly updating, so bare with me D:

A Part of My Heart

P.O.V. Cassadee.

P.O.V. Cassadee

I trudged through the thick layer of snow that covered the ground, my whole numb of feeling. It took only a second to come to the realization that I didn't want to go home to mope and eat ice cream, so I continued in the direction of town.

He stood me up. Harry Styles, my supposed best friend, had stood me up. It was the harsh reality of the situation, one that I was trying to cope with. It rang at a constant, on going loop throughout my head, causing my ears to buzz and my brain to feel like mush.

Not only that but, my emotions wee at an all time high at war with one another about the proper way to feel. I was so angry with Harry. So majorly pissed at that curly little git for not showing up, for leading me on. But then again... I was really looking forward to seeing him and when he didn't show up... I was upset that he didn't follow through with what he had said... And finally I was frustrated at the fact I was upset over this situation. Over him.

In the end, it all resulted in one easy solution; tears. Lots of them.

Warm tears streaked down my cheeks at a constant flow, causing me to frown. There was point to this! Crying over some stupid boy I barely know. He's not even that spectacular anyway!

He's... well, he's cocky. And... Slick. And...

I racked my brain trying to think of any other bad things about him. Nothing. Not one thing. He's a git; he's a git because there isn't much of anything wrong with him...

Glaring at the road, I took a right into town and hopped onto the paved sidewalk. I hurried past all of the shops and went into the cafe, taking a seat in the back. I leaned forward, resting my forehead on the tabletop and allowed my body to soak in the warmth of the diner.

My tears began to slow, when suddenly my breath hitched. I groaned and put my face in my hands and it went off again. Hiccup! The chair across from mine screeched along the floor, someone taking a seat. My head shot up in hopes of finding Harry staring back at me, but no such luck. In my head, I cursed myself forcing me to take my mind off of the boy who ditched me. My heart dropped. It was the waiter from my day out with Harry. I do not need this right now...

"What-hiccup-do you want?" I snapped, consciously cursing myself for crying to the point where my hiccups start.

He smirked, sliding a glass of water across the table. "Thought you could use this, just the kind of gentleman I am, " He said smoothly, leaning back in his chair.

I rolled my eyes, suppressing another hiccup and took a long drink. His eyes stayed trained on my features until I set the now empty glass back on the table.

Cocking an eyebrow, he question," So... what happened to, uhm..." He gestured to my face," You know, you face?" My features turned stony at his blunt question.

"It's freezing outside and it's a long walk from my house...and..."

"I may not be the smartest person in the world, but I think I'm smart enough to know when someone's been crying," He interrupted me with a shrug. My annoyance level was beginning to climb higher and higher with his every word. I bit my lip, refusing to allow any more tears and glared down at the table.

"So what if I have? It doesn't matter, certainly not to you," I huffed, shooting him daggers across the distance.

"I was just trying to do the right thing and make sure you were okay, but whatever. You don't exactly feel like talking. Sorry for trying to be a decent person," He mumbled getting up from the table and off to assist an older woman to her seat. I slapped my hand over my forehead.

Great, now I'm a heartless bitch.

Getting to my feet, I slipped back out into the street.

Screaming. Distant girls’ shrieking was all I heard. Not a scared shriek, like in horror movies, but an excited one. My face screwed up in confusion as I glanced down the street.

My eyes widened. The fuck? All the way down the road, a pack of nearly a hundred girls were stampeding this way. Not as if running away from something, but towards it. No, not towards it, after it.

Not it. Him.
♠ ♠ ♠
And here is the next installment c:
Yay, so I've been really good with updating the past few days!
Let's hope that it stays this way.
Leave me some comments, don't be afraid to tell me what you think :D
And my next chapter will be posted within a weeks time :3