Status: Uhm, slowly updating, so bare with me D:

A Part of My Heart

P.O.V. Harry

P.O.V Harry.

Each and every single step I took away from the unoccupied tree house was pure agony. As my feet slapped sloppily into the thick snow that layered freshly on the ground, a thousand well-sharpened knives greeted the bottoms of my feet with massive, painful jabs. Winds whipped around smashing into my lack of clothed body, leaving me shaking to the bone.

I should feel numb. I wish I were numb, but as I trampled towards town I was nothing close to it. My skin, which was now raw and weather worn, felt with each snowflake that found its surface a piece of magma was melting the bit of flesh away. And if you don't quite get the picture, it in no way feels nice.

After what seemed the length of a lifetime, my feet stumbled onto the towns paved sidewalk. I slowed myself to a steady speed walk, one hand clutching my side as my breath came in and out in short, agonizing gasps and wheezes. I hurried past the shops that lined the streets endlessly, peering inside each one in hopes of catching a glimpse of Cassadee.

My heart dropped into the pit of my stomach. Hushed voices sounded not too far behind me. High-pitched giggles rang through the air. There was a sudden, rapid crunching of snow under multiple pairs of feet.

I was terrified to turn around, to see what was coming dead towards me. Here I was all alone and completely vulnerable. Without another thought crossing my mind, my feet sprang into action. I darted down the street in record time, casting a quick look over my shoulder at the mad mob of girls that were now bearing down upon me. I quickened my stride, refusing to allow any of the fans the opportunity to strip me of the little clothes I had to begin with.

Their screams filled my ears, pleading for me to come back, but suddenly it was as if all of the chaos melted away into the back round. My heart gave a leap right there in my chest, at the sight of stony gray eyes and jet-black hair slapping around in the wind.

Cassadee Everette stared open mouth and wide eyed at the scene unfolding before her.

It was as if my feet sped up all by themselves, crossing the distance to her as if it were nothing. Reaching the awe-struck girl, I caught her hand in mine and dragged her into the nearest shelter away from my rabid directoners. Pulling her into the Diner, that had been the closest of all the shops, I slammed the door shut and locked it hurriedly. Leaning against the door, I struggled to catch my breath as my adrenaline rush sped out of my system. A lump rose in my throat, now aware of the heavy stare Cassadee was casting on me. She opened her mouth to speak, only to close it with an uncertain frown.

"I was going to ask you what the hell is going on here... but," She sighed, rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly. "I think the important question is; where exactly are your pants?" She crossed her arms over her chest and awaited my explanation.

"It's... well... you see, I overslept." I struggled to find the right words, the lump in my throat doubling in size.

She gave a slow nod, taking in the information. "You're telling me... that you not wearing pants... Because you overslept?"

I attempted to shrug it off. "When you say it like that, it sounds ridiculous," I chuckled nervously, hoping that she would join in. She wasn't amused, rolling her eyes at my statement.

"It IS ridiculous," She snapped, her eyes hurt eyes burning holes into mine.

"I know it sounds that way, but if you give me just a moment to explain..."

"You're ridiculous, you know that? I sat out there, practically on top of a tree in the middle of a blizzard for over an hour waiting for you! I thought that maybe, just maybe you'll come, but you never did. You didn't even bother to show up! And now you expect me to hear you out and melt because you give me puppy dog eyes?" She stated, with every word her voice climbing higher and higher.

I found it hard to meet her saddened eyes as they glazed over with tears. Her words stung me like poison, but they were somewhat of what I deserved. I did ask her to meet me and not show up. Only now, I'm actually trying to set things right and I can't seem to get the right words across.

"Please, Cassee. Let me ex-"

"Just. Don't," She hissed with such frustration that I was taken back in shock. Casting her eyes to the floor, she shoved past me and slipped out of the door, not casting one look back.

In an instant, I became something I believed myself incapable of becoming. I was now numb, but I longer wished to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohmygosh. I'm a week late D:
So sorry. :c
I just started school and chemistry is not taking it easy on me, so I hope that you will forgive me!
On the bright side, here is the chapter I promised and I do hope that it is good enough.
Btw.
Comments help me write faster, so if you want a quick update comment c: