Status: Uhm, slowly updating, so bare with me D:

A Part of My Heart

P.O.V. Cassadee

P.O.V. Cassadee

I pushed the boy from the airport back into the furthest corner of my my, as I slid into the back seat of a taxi cab. After giving the driver the money for the long trip ahead and my adress, I ran my hands through my hair with a sigh. I was finally in the warmth of a cab headed straight for Holmes Chapel. Yawning, I stretched out in the seat, my eylids drifting closed, due to my lack of sleep. Then something strange happened. For the first time since I woken up in the hospital, I had a dream. It wasn't an empty time slot, or an expance of black nothingness.

I had an actual dream...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

There were two children about the ages of six or seven. One was a small boy with short, curly, brown hair and a big grin. The other was a dainty girl with big, grey eyes and waist length black hair. It was easy to tell that it was spring time, as the two youngsters chased one another through a field of perfect little white flowers.

The boy rushed after the girl, determined to catch her, while she taunted and teased him. "Ha, ha! You can't catch me, Harold. You're too slow..." But Harold was obviously gaining speed. Quickly, the grey eyed girl bravely dove into the tall brush that towered over her head a clear foot.

"Cassee, that's no fair!" Harold called after her, but she was too caught up in her head to hear him.

Cassee darted through the brush, when suddenly her her foot snagged an old root, throwing her off balance. She let out a shriek and went down tumbling. Twigs scatched up her face, roots and weeds caught roughly in her hair, and a jagged hole ripped open in her overalls just above her knee. A whimper passed her shaking lips as she noticed blood forming on her scratched knee cap. It began to feel as if hours were passing by, and still no rescue came. She sat there, tears bubbling in her eyes. Cassee sniffled, her lower lip quivering.

"H-harry..."She tried to call out, but her voice broke.

She heard a distant shout, causing the broken girl to perk up ever so slightly. "Harry!" She shouted back. Not a moment later, the boy appeared before her in the brush. Her engulfed the crying girl in a hug, swipping the tears away that trailed down her cheeks. Harold held the girl's face in his hands, looking her directly in the eyes.

"It's alright now, Cass. I'm here. I promise, I won't let anything hurt you. Ever," He cooed, craddling her in his arms. She looked at him skeptically.

"Ever...?"

The boy kissed her forehead and nodded. "I promise," He whispered, picking the injured girl up into his arms and carried her from the tall grass forest.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Miss? Miss! You've got to get up. We're here," The driver grumbled, banging on the glass divider between us. I shot up in the seat, my body and mind now fully alert of what was going on. I was home, whether that's a good thing or not, I guess I'll find out. Giving the man in the driver's seat an apologetic wave, I stepped out of the cab. The moment I shut the car door, he peeled out, leaving me all alone in front of a small cottage in the middle of a snow covered plain.

Taking in a deep breath of fresh air, I trugged up to the front door and gave a soft knock. The old wooden door, creaked open slowly, like one of those old horror films, sending a shiver down my spine.

A woman's round face appeared in the little space. She looked as if she hadn't slept in days. Her thin brown hair was messy and matted, she had frown lines and creases all over her face, and heavy darkened bags hung under her startling eyes. And when I say startling, I mean startling. I had been so focussed on how dreadfully exhausted she looked, whenever my eyes met hers, I had to take a step back. Her eyes shown a beautiful pale blue, so pale almost grey. And in that moment she reminded me of someone. She reminded me of me, well, her eyes did at least. There was no doubt in my mind of who she was.

I gave a slightly awkward cough. "Hi..." I mumbled," mum."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh. Not proud of this one :c