Status: Uhm, slowly updating, so bare with me D:

A Part of My Heart

P.O.V. Harry

P.O.V. Harry

My heart stopped beating at the mention of those few words. My throat refused passage way for air. "W-what...?" I croaked, my face scrunching up slightly, making sure that I heard her correctly, but that was pointless. There was no mistaking what she had said. Mum sported a small smile.

Everything began to make sense all at once... The girl, the necklace, the phone call. I wasn't sure to how to react. My emotions were at war as the news sunk in. A smile weasled its way onto my face, my eyes watering. "She's home now?" I whispered, my gut twisting into a bundle of knots. My mother nodded, her smile beginning to fade.

"Well, yes, but Harry there's something about her that I need to talk to you about..."

Heading towards the door, I blocked out my mother's voice as I flung the door open. "I'll be back later!" I called, then ran out into the cold atmosphere, my heart beating a mile a minute. My feet pounded through the snow, remembering exactly the path to her house that I used to take when I was a kid. A grin fixed itself on my face, as I stumbled upon the sight of her house just across the snowed over field. My feet picked up speed, a shot of adrenaline pumping throughout my system. Arriving at the cottage, My eyes stayed glued to the rotting wooden door as I caught my breath.

This was it. All it takes is a knock, I thought with a small nod. That made it seem so simple, when it obviously was not. I curled my hand into a fist, it hovered ready in the air. I let out a shakey breath and rapped my fist against the door, before I could change my mind. Ms. Everette, a small woman answered. She shuffled outside, forcing a smile on her fragile face.

"Harold... You've grown," She sniffled, dabbing at her eyes with her robe sleeve. She was a mess. She certainly was not the woman with the spirit no one could crush, that I remember. This lady was in ruins and my brain couldn't comprehend why...

"Yeah, it's me. Uhh, I heard Cassee was here..." Was all I mumbled, when suddenly a twinkled lite her eyes. She took my hands, nodding frantically.

"Yes! Yes, dear. She is, got home not too long ago."

"May I see her?" I chirped. Glancing over at the door, imagining the grey eyed girl springing through it and into my arms. I smiled, my eyes drifting back over to my best friend's mother. The woman lost her spark, dropped my hands and shoook her head.

"No... She, uh, went for a walk. She isn't in," Ms. Everette whispered, frowning and made her way back to the door. It felt as if my entire stomach had dropped to the floor. She wasn't even in... All of my nerves for nothing. Absolutely nothing.

"Well, c-could you tell her I stopped by then?" I mumbled, running my hands through my curls. The woman nodded as she slipped back inside her house.

"I will."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I walked along the frost and ice covered street, kicking the top layer of snow as my feet slowly bagan to freeze in popsicles. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be, I thought with a frown. This wasn't a thought I wanted to accept. We were meant to be friends and will will be. Shaking the mound of snow flakes out of my hair, I stumbled into a rundown pub that has been in this spot for ages.

Without a word, I shuffled over to the bar and took a seat, resting my forehead on the cool counter. My eyes closed, a sigh escaping past my lips.

"What can I get'cha?" Catherine, the old irish woman who owned the place called.

"Anything that will defrost me," a familiar girl's voice answered back.

My heart leaped. Hesitantly, my eyelids opened as I sat up. I head turned in the direction of the voices, and there sat the girl slumped at the counter. Sure enough, there she was. Not just the girl from the airport, but so much more than that... The girl from my past, the girl that took part of my heart when she left.

Catherine set a steaming cup infront of the girl. "That'll be 5 pounds." Without a moments hesitation, I called down a few seats," Don't worry about it. It's on me." They both shifted to fix their eyes on me, Catherine slightly amused, Cassadee skeptical.

"Why? What'll I have owe you?" She demanded, her gaze piercing my body.

I shrugged, slid out of my seat and walked over to her chair. "You won't have to owe me anything, but maybe a bit of your time would be nice..." I smirked, taking the stool next to hers. Cassadee rolled her eyes at my commment, leaning away from me.

"Ha, no. I don't hang out with random guys who buy me drinks," the girl snapped, crossing her arms over her chest. Rasing an eyebrow, I moved closer to her.

"But I'm not just some random guy..." I started, trying to laugh it off. I studied her, but she refused to look at me. My eyebrows furrowing, my hand caught her arm gently and pulled her towards my body. "Y-you do remember me... right?" My voice cracked.

She looked me up and down, inspecting every aspect of my being. When finally her eyes shone, and she gave a nod.

"Yeah... You, you're the weird boy from the airport!"

My heart sank.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long :(
But here it is o: